• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Installed a couple of the Wilson Combat 1.5oz tungsten grip weight kits yesterday. Definitely a noticeable difference on the P365XL, the gun feels even better. Not so noticeable on the P320, IMO.
    I wondered when you were discussing the AXG/TXG, etc modules if you had any of the Tungsten weights installed in the WC's. That said, it didn't look like near the amount of weight you were looking for at least on the 320's so never posted it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I wondered when you were discussing the AXG/TXG, etc modules if you had any of the Tungsten weights installed in the WC's. That said, it didn't look like near the amount of weight you were looking for at least on the 320's so never posted it.
    I handled an AXG yesterday and will definitely be buying one of those modules, but that will require another compact P320. Plan is to have 1 with the WC grip, TXG grip and AXG grip. Probably go for the AXG classic look.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You can buy an X-Carry TXG module, but you have to buy the magwell and grip weight for an additional cost. I saved money and had fun at the workbench.
    That’s amazing, what did you finish that with?
    Turned out great!

Also, you seem to be dedicated to the compacts, I’m assuming carry - wondering if you’ve ever tried the full size?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That’s amazing, what did you finish that with?
    Turned out great!

Also, you seem to be dedicated to the compacts, I’m assuming carry - wondering if you’ve ever tried the full size?
    Thanks. Sanded that area with 180 grit all the way up to 2000 grit at the end. That's it. It was as easy to work with as any other polymer. I saw the idea over at SigTalk. People were doing this before Sig released the X-Carry version of the Legion.

I've had handguns of all shapes and sizes over the years, including a P320 XFull. I have always found a fullsize grip with a compact slide to be what I gravitated towards, so I mainly just stay with that. I have XL size hands and like the way a "Carry" or "Commander" size gun balances. I like the fillsize grip because I can control the gun better and my palm isn't hanging over the end interfering with inserting a mag during a reload.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Range report on my new P322.

Put 280 rounds total through it with the following ammo: CCI SV, Aguila SV, CCI Segmented 40gr HP Varmint, CCI 45gr suppressor.

Failures:
    CCI SV: (150 rounds total)
    - 1 fail to feed, nose of round stuck up at angle at top edge of chamber

Aguila SV: (50 rounds total)
    - 2 fail to fire, one round fired on 2nd attempt, other round fired on 4th attempt (reinserted rounds in different clock position).
    - 4 fail to lock slide open after last round, 2 times suppressed and 2 times unsuppressed.

CCI Segmented HP 40gr Varmint (40 rounds total)
    - 2 fail to feed, nose of round stuck up at angle at top edge of chamber, suppressed

CCI Suppressor 45gr HP
    - 1 fail to lock slide open after last round, suppressed

20220919_142531.jpg

Overall, I found the gun very enjoyable to shoot. I find the ergos to be just about perfect. The size of the gun is excellent, the grip texture just right and the trigger is exactly how I like it. The only change I would make is the sights. The sight picture is fine, but the rear sight is plastic and I found it to not hold its adjustment (noticed the screw slowly rotates after firing). In the above picture, I adjusted the rear sight for CCI SV without the suppressor (see targets 6 thru 8). After shooting suppressed and with other ammo, I came back and shot 2 groups of 15 rounds each, labeled "final shots" and confirmed the rear sight's elevation adjustment to not maintain its setting. Not a deal breaker for me at all, I planned on putting a red dot on this gun anyways.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Also did a side by side by side comparison of the P320's and P365XL, mainly comparing how the different weight affects the recoil impulse. The P365XL has a recently added WC tungsten weight, one P320 has a WC grip with added weight and the other P320 has the TXG grip with weight and magwell. All of them were enjoyable to shoot, but the heavy weight of the TXG really shined when it came to shooting fast and getting back on target along with shooting one handed from distance (especially weak/support hand). The other guns performed just fine, but I can definitely see why the Legion is geared more towards competition use now with its heavier weight and "girth".

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I put this over in the latest 320 problems thread.
    Interesting in that Sig “won” the lawsuit on the grounds that they didn’t see a Michigan AD/ND video from 2016 until 2019. Doesn’t look good to me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I put this over in the latest 320 problems thread.
    Interesting in that Sig “won” the lawsuit on the grounds that they didn’t see a Michigan AD/ND video from 2016 until 2019. Doesn’t look good to me.
    From my read, the lawsuit claimed that they knowingly made the false statement that the gun could not fire by itself, yet produced no evidence that they actually knew. Even if they did see the video, a reasonable conclusion might be that there was something that fouled the trigger. Similar to the self firing Glock at the Fieldhouse memorial service several years ago.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From my read, the lawsuit claimed that they knowingly made the false statement that the gun could not fire by itself, yet produced no evidence that they actually knew. Even if they did see the video, a reasonable conclusion might be that there was something that fouled the trigger. Similar to the self firing Glock at the Fieldhouse memorial service several years ago.
    Yep, there was no need to go further in the lawsuit as it sounds like the primary evidence the plaintiff offered was video of that incident. If they plaintiff can't prove Sig saw the video before they advertised and the plaintiff purchased his gun, no need to go any further.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Sig peoples. I may have an opportunity to pick up a pre-owned P228 For under $500. Will be going to see it tomorrow. Don’t know squat about it yet but seems like a good deal if the pistol is nice? I would want it for EDC rotation. Currently my 2 EDC pistols are a P365 with WC grip mod and a wizard cajunized CZ PCR.

Thoughts? Anything I need to be careful about on these? Is $500 a good price (don’t yet know about box or mags etc.). If I get it and hate it would it be an easy sell?

TIA

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Sig peoples. I may have an opportunity to pick up a pre-owned P228 For under $500. Will be going to see it tomorrow. Don’t know squat about it yet but seems like a good deal if the pistol is nice? I would want it for EDC rotation. Currently my 2 EDC pistols are a P365 with WC grip mod and a wizard cajunized CZ PCR.

Thoughts? Anything I need to be careful about on these? Is $500 a good price (don’t yet know about box or mags etc.). If I get it and hate it would it be an easy sell?

TIA
    Easy, yes and yes. Especially w box, mags, etc.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom