• ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    There's a P226 Legion in .357 Sig on Armslist up in Elkhart

I don't mean to be asking you to do the legwork, but I can't find it after searching a few combinations (restricted to Indiana). I don't suppose you could PM me with it.

Or, OsageCountyGuns has complete .357 Sig slides for a P229 for $324. Build your own Legion?

That may be the way to go. I have my P250C for a compact 357 (and just ordered a Steyr M40 to retrofit with a 357 sig barrel).

That you to WebSynper and TDogg for the +1s on Osage. I'll check them out. Trying to sell a fancy stocked Ithaca 37 20ga on the broker. If it sells, it would fund most of a used legion or a DIY legion build (I think). Also planning on selling my G42 + extras to my sister for an inexpensive purse gun, which would round it out to pay for most of it.

88 (and others). How do the legions compare to the regular p226/9 with the mods? I suppose I need to hold a legion to see if I like the larger beavertail or not. That first 1911 that I held felt somewhat awkward, but maybe would just take some getting used to. The local pawn shop also has the 227(?) in .45, but I have reloading supplies (sans primers) for .357 sig, so I'm not sure I need another caliber.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't mean to be asking you to do the legwork, but I can't find it after searching a few combinations (restricted to Indiana). I don't suppose you could PM me with it.

That may be the way to go. I have my P250C for a compact 357 (and just ordered a Steyr M40 to retrofit with a 357 sig barrel).

That you to WebSynper and TDogg for the +1s on Osage. I'll check them out. Trying to sell a fancy stocked Ithaca 37 20ga on the broker. If it sells, it would fund most of a used legion or a DIY legion build (I think). Also planning on selling my G42 + extras to my sister for an inexpensive purse gun, which would round it out to pay for most of it.

88 (and others). How do the legions compare to the regular p226/9 with the mods? I suppose I need to hold a legion to see if I like the larger beavertail or not. That first 1911 that I held felt somewhat awkward, but maybe would just take some getting used to. The local pawn shop also has the 227(?) in .45, but I have reloading supplies (sans primers) for .357 sig, so I'm not sure I need another caliber.

Here’s the link to the Armslist gun but it’s now listed as ‘deactivated’ and I don’t know what that means in Armslist-speak: https://www.armslist.com/posts/1282...ade--sig-p226-legion-357-sig-with-500-rounds-

Regarding how the Legion vs non-Legion feels: My P226 that’s not a Legion but has go-fast parts feels better to me than my Legion P229. The $84 Hogue checkered G10 grips feel just like the Legion grips and the trigger is a bit lighter in the P226 despite not having the GG ELS system installed yet. That arrives tomorrow along with the 19# hammer spring. I prefer the Night Fision sights that are inbound to the X-ray sights on the Legion too.

I do like the Legion though and it’s on my hip as I type this. I paid $900 for the Legion and will have more than that in the hot rod P226 when done. The hot rod P226 has a chipped finish but that’s the only thing that will end up losing to the Legion by comparison.

Which you go with really is a personal choice. Like CZs, ‘budget’ Sigs can climb north of $1000 very quickly but like CZs, the results can climb over and above the Legion with tuning. If I toss another $150-ish towards a Cerakote job (Sig Gray #30 I think), the P226 would be every bit as nice as the Legion by any measure but getting it to that point would have exceeded the cost of a used P226 Legion

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Here’s the link to the Armslist gun but it’s now listed as ‘deactivated’ and I don’t know what that means in Armslist-speak: https://www.armslist.com/posts/1282...ade--sig-p226-legion-357-sig-with-500-rounds-

Regarding how the Legion vs non-Legion feels: My P226 that’s not a Legion but has go-fast parts feels better to me than my Legion P229. The $84 Hogue checkered G10 grips feel just like the Legion grips and the trigger is a bit lighter in the P226 despite not having the GG ELS system installed yet. That arrives tomorrow along with the 19# hammer spring. I prefer the Night Fision sights that are inbound to the X-ray sights on the Legion too.

I do like the Legion though and it’s on my hip as I type this. I paid $900 for the Legion and will have more than that in the hot rod P226 when done. The hot rod P226 has a chipped finish but that’s the only thing that will end up losing to the Legion by comparison.

Which you go with really is a personal choice. Like CZs, ‘budget’ Sigs can climb north of $1000 very quickly but like CZs, the results can climb over and above the Legion with tuning. If I toss another $150-ish towards a Cerakote job (Sig Gray #30 I think), the P226 would be every bit as nice as the Legion by any measure but getting it to that point would have exceeded the cost of a used P226 Legion

Deactivated typically means sold. If it says flagged, then it is suspected spam. There was a CSMC shotgun for $750 at some point... Same as the stock photos of an unsold gun on their website. Took forever for Armslist to remove it.

Four Guns has a police trade-in P226 in 40 S&W for $550 with one mag and a used 226 Legion 40 S&W w/ both and two mags (no super cool Legion coin and looked like a non-legion box) for $950. The finish is a bit worn and the feeding ramp and upper part of the frame have some light surface rust / some orange substance since I didn't physically test it. The main reason I am interested in the P226 over say a CZ is the ability to drop a 357 sig into it (and a P226 over the others since it is full size while my P250 and inbound Steyr M40 are more compact). The trigger seemed pretty good. The DA pull is definitely heavier (and shorter) than my P250. Unless I manage to sell my Ithaca 20 ga on GB, I don't think it's the best move for me to drop $900+ on any firearm.

I also think that your swap & replace, while maybe more expensive, gives you what you want on it, which increases it's value to you even beyond just the DIY aspect.

I'll wait a little and see if I can sell off the few safe queens and feel up my wallet a little.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Deactivated typically means sold. If it says flagged, then it is suspected spam. There was a CSMC shotgun for $750 at some point... Same as the stock photos of an unsold gun on their website. Took forever for Armslist to remove it.

Four Guns has a police trade-in P226 in 40 S&W for $550 with one mag and a used 226 Legion 40 S&W w/ both and two mags (no super cool Legion coin and looked like a non-legion box) for $950. The finish is a bit worn and the feeding ramp and upper part of the frame have some light surface rust / some orange substance since I didn't physically test it. The main reason I am interested in the P226 over say a CZ is the ability to drop a 357 sig into it (and a P226 over the others since it is full size while my P250 and inbound Steyr M40 are more compact). The trigger seemed pretty good. The DA pull is definitely heavier (and shorter) than my P250. Unless I manage to sell my Ithaca 20 ga on GB, I don't think it's the best move for me to drop $900+ on any firearm.

I also think that your swap & replace, while maybe more expensive, gives you what you want on it, which increases it's value to you even beyond just the DIY aspect.

I'll wait a little and see if I can sell off the few safe queens and feel up my wallet a little.

Hey, if you get a Legion of any vintage, you can register it with Sig and if it was not registered before, they’ll send you the fancy bag and coin. I did that on the used Legion I have and they sent the 5.11 gun bag and a coin, which is kind of cool. There’s a good chance that the gun was never registered if it comes without the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I installed the Gray Guns ELS and spring kit tonight and have to say that I’m amazed at the difference in feel. I had really not expected much of a difference since the trigger was really nice before the upgrade. But now? Wow, it feels really good. New sights should be here this week and then this one is complete. This P226 has that “One Gun’ feel to it. That is the feeling you get when you hold a gun that makes you think ‘If I could only take one gun with me, this would be it’. I have not shot it after this mod yet, so I don’t know that it’s really a ‘One Gun’ contender but damn, this is nice.
    294bda0829bbd94463fb8a6e3de0d9d9.jpg

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Hey, if you get a Legion of any vintage, you can register it with Sig and if it was not registered before, they’ll send you the fancy bag and coin. I did that on the used Legion I have and they sent the 5.11 gun bag and a coin, which is kind of cool. There’s a good chance that the gun was never registered if it comes without the bag.

I didn't know that. Interesting.

If going the DIY route, this is probably the best deal I'll see for a little while: https://www.pro2aga.com/products/sig-sauer-p226-357-sig-stainless. Wouldn't have to refinish it or buy a new barrel to get it for .357 Sig. If my shotgun sells (or at least gets some bids), I may go for it along with a SRT kit. Then could replace internals in a few months. Sights, too, later if needed. That is, assuming that some Sig loving .357 addict doesn't buy it up first. :):

The P226 would be every bit as nice as the Legion by any measure but getting it to that point would have exceeded the cost of a used P226 Legion

Do you think the GG ELS and spring kit is worth the extra money to upgrade it vs the nicer stock configuration of the Legion? (I'm okay with waiting for a range report on this.)

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    I installed the Gray Guns ELS and spring kit tonight and have to say that I’m amazed at the difference in feel. ... New sights should be here this week and then this one is complete.

88, I was fairly certain that you would like the upgrade. CONGRATULATIONS! I am anxious to hear your range report.

88, you mentioned earlier that you are a fan of the Night Fision sights. I hope to be changing some sights in the near future and you have my attention. I currently lean to the TruGlo TFX Pro sights - I have a set on a CZ 75D PCR and I REALLY like them. They are easy for my tired eyes to see in most any light condition. I know you have some eye issues going on... So, from your experience, should I be looking at the Fision sights? If so, what do you like about them?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I didn't know that. Interesting.

If going the DIY route, this is probably the best deal I'll see for a little while: https://www.pro2aga.com/products/sig-sauer-p226-357-sig-stainless. Wouldn't have to refinish it or buy a new barrel to get it for .357 Sig. If my shotgun sells (or at least gets some bids), I may go for it along with a SRT kit. Then could replace internals in a few months. Sights, too, later if needed. That is, assuming that some Sig loving .357 addict doesn't buy it up first. :):

Do you think the GG ELS and spring kit is worth the extra money to upgrade it vs the nicer stock configuration of the Legion? (I'm okay with waiting for a range report on this.)

I do. The ELS gives the trigger a different feel beyond just the reduction in weight. I went from an 8.25# DA to a 7.5# DA and the SA dropped from 4# to 3#. But, the trigger now has a more linear pull compared to the factory pull that did not seem to increase pull weight linearly. The trigger shoe feels better to me as well.

Again, I have not shot it yet but am thinking that I’ll like the outcome once I do.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    88, I was fairly certain that you would like the upgrade. CONGRATULATIONS! I am anxious to hear your range report.

88, you mentioned earlier that you are a fan of the Night Fision sights. I hope to be changing some sights in the near future and you have my attention. I currently lean to the TruGlo TFX Pro sights - I have a set on a CZ 75D PCR and I REALLY like them. They are easy for my tired eyes to see in most any light condition. I know you have some eye issues going on... So, from your experience, should I be looking at the Fision sights? If so, what do you like about them?

I have Night Fision on both P10Cs, a bunch of P07s and a 1911. I buy them with the yellow front and blacked out rear night sights with the U notch (where available). I’ve been a fan of Trijicon HDs but struggle to put them everywhere I want them.

The thing that I like about the Night Fision is the ability to get the front sight in yellow. In addition to partial vision in my dominant eye, I’m also partially color blind. I don’t see reds and greens that well and the Sig X-ray green front dot does not pop for me. Standard 3 dot night sights are ok but I’m slow to acquire those. With the big yellow dot, my eye picks up the front sight very quickly. Orange works for me too and my G21 and DW A2C both have HDs in orange.

Fading vision as we age sucks. I’ve always had pretty good vision and the stroke taking part of my dominant eye really made me readjust my shooting style. Red dots work well for me and yesterday I ordered a complete P229 .357 Sig slide assembly to get cut for an RMR one of these days. I may do the same with the P226 too but I need to slow the spending for now. Knowing that there are .357 Sig slides available makes me think that the next P226 will be in 9mm with the option to jump to .357/.40 with just a quick slide swap.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Question for you Sig folks. The new Nightmare 226 says custom works in description but is that only for the nickel accents or is there actually some custom work and fitting done to it?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Question for you Sig folks. The new Nightmare 226 says custom works in description but is that only for the nickel accents or is there actually some custom work and fitting done to it?

Good question. The description does not mention any special parts or fitting beyond the grips and nickel plated controls. My guess is that if there was custom fitting done, it would be described in the product description. It’s a beautiful gun but custom might mean the configuration.

On the other hand, it could be that all ‘Custom Shop’ guns have some level of internal polish done. I don’t know if that’s true but it might be. Hopefully, someone that has experience with custom shop guns will chime in soon

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN

I've got nothing... I did a quick skim through the Sig website with no answers to your question. I did a quick internet search and all I could find were the same Sig talking points with no new or additional information.

tenor.jpg

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    The Signess Continues

I didn't mean to kill the thread...Soooo:

IMG_4697 2.jpg

I've got most of the parts to upgrade my Stainless Elite P226. The GrayGuns Short Reset Trigger Kit (SRT) is "Out of Stock" - :(
    I already have the Sig E2 grips (not in this photo). I am IMPATIENTLY waiting for the SRT to install all parts in one go.
    When all done I hope to do a range report with comparison of both of my upgraded 226's.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I didn't mean to kill the thread...Soooo:

I've got most of the parts to upgrade my Stainless Elite P226. The GrayGuns Short Reset Trigger Kit (SRT) is "Out of Stock" - :(
    I already have the Sig E2 grips (not in this photo). I am IMPATIENTLY waiting for the SRT to install all parts in one go.
    When all done I hope to do a range report with comparison of both of my upgraded 226's.

Does it have to be the Gray Guns SRT to please you, sir ? I'm just asking, because the Sig brand SRT is in stock at Midway USA.
    Link: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004384414?pid=567973

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Does it have to be the Gray Guns SRT to please you, sir ? I'm just asking, because the Sig brand SRT is in stock at Midway USA.
    Link: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004384414?pid=567973

Thanks MM, I'd like to stay with the Grayguns SRT because of the polish work they do and the amazing reset on my last upgrade. I actually found the GG SRT from a 3rd party distributer, but I am hoping to use the Grayguns 10% discount, if they restock in time. So, I will wait...a while. Plus, I hope to order a few GG base plates along with the SRT. I love how their base plates fit with the E2 grips. I know GG parts are very expensive, but the results are amazing - IMHO.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks MM, I'd like to stay with the Grayguns SRT because of the polish work they do and the amazing reset on my last upgrade. I actually found the GG SRT from a 3rd party distributer, but I am hoping to use the Grayguns 10% discount, if they restock in time. So, I will wait...a while. Plus, I hope to order a few GG base plates along with the SRT. I love how their base plates fit with the E2 grips. I know GG parts are very expensive, but the results are amazing - IMHO.

I got'cha ! :)

Top Bottom