• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Why don't you head back over to the IndyStar forums? Your "arguments" are on a par with their usual discourse.

Who? Haven't been on there in a long long long time, I don't even read their website. You do know there are about three Pistolbob users running around out there..right?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like only the geezercrats in the gop are against gay marriage. An increasing number of young republicans (who will eventually take over the party) are for marriage equality. The older republicans are going to increasingly find themselves on the wrong side of issues and the younger party folks are going to be holding to the real conservative principles, not beholden to the hostage takers in the evangelical wing.

Majority of young Republicans support gay marriage and legal pot | Rare

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Eh....I have zero faith in SCOTUS...so I won't be surprised if they rule against state rights.

Will they now demand a federal marriage license and a handful of new fees? (Not taxes....taxes are bad...we now call those fees)

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I repeat: States that have gay marriage...has there then been a push for pedophile marriage?

I see changes in moral values. Some are better, some are worse. But just so I'm clear, are you saying that gay marriage is linked to crime in some way? That this overarching decline in moral values leads to criminals?

I'm curious, when was the apex of moral values? If we're in decline, obviously there was a high point in our history from which we've fallen. When was it?

Are you messing with me? Seriously? Does a decline in moral values lead to criminals? Yes it absolutely does.
    Does gay marriage directly lead to crime? Show me where I said that.
    Has there been a push for pedophile marriage? It is starting, yes. The same way the push for gay marriage started. Very slowly, Google will agree, try it.
    Are you actually saying moral values are not in decline? Watch the news, listen to the radio, music or talk, talk to some kids, play some video games, you are living in a hole in the ground if you can't see it. If you can say people are more respectful now than even just 30 years ago you are delusional. People no longer know anything about respect, honor, dignity, even courtesy.
    I am not trying to force my beliefs on anybody. Who people choose to be with is their choice. I do not want to have to pay for it. I do not want to have to participate in it. It is people like you who are trying to force your beliefs, or lack of, on others.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Are you messing with me? Seriously? Does a decline in moral values lead to criminals? Yes it absolutely does.
    Has there been a push for pedophile marriage? It is starting, yes. The same way the push for gay marriage started. Very slowly, Google will agree, try it.
    Are you actually saying moral values are not in decline? Watch the news, listen to the radio, music or talk, talk to some kids, play some video games, you are living in a hole in the ground if you can't see it. If you can say people are more respectful now than even just 30 years ago you are delusional. People no longer know anything about respect, honor, dignity, even courtesy.
    I am not trying to force my beliefs on anybody. Who people choose to be with is their choice. I do not want to have to pay for it. I do not want to have to participate in it. It is people like you who are trying to force your beliefs, or lack of, on others.

The push for gay marriage isnt even in the same universe as pedophilia. Gay marriage has 2 consenting adults, pedophilia has one sick bastard of a person that should be shot and one victim.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    The push for gay marriage isnt even in the same universe as pedophilia. Gay marriage has 2 consenting adults, pedophilia has one sick bastard of a person that should be shot and one victim.
    I agree. My point is do you think once gay marriage is legal the people pushing it will just go home? They will move on to the next "discriminated" group of people. This is about more than a gay person being eligible for health insurance or death benefits. Just as with gun control it will always be on to the next fight, it will not stop. I gave a couple examples in an earlier post, They will start to normalize it, it has already started.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I agree. My point is do you think once gay marriage is legal the people pushing it will just go home? They will move on to the next "discriminated" group of people. This is about more than a gay person being eligible for health insurance or death benefits. Just as with gun control it will always be on to the next fight, it will not stop. I gave a couple examples in an earlier post, They will start to normalize it, it has already started.

How do you normalize the raping of a person? You would think that rapist would have figured out a way to do that by now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I'm asking. Based on this:

As a police officer you see the decline in moral values everyday. Whether you want to see it or not this is all linked.

Tell me how this relates to gay marriage.

Has there been a push for pedophile marriage? It is starting, yes.
    Even if this is true, which I'll have to see some serious sources for before I believe it, if we say "yes" to gay marriage we have to say "yes" to this? Fine. I think we have to do away with divorce laws. See that's what started this whole assault on sanctity of marriage. If you want a divorce, tough. It's an assault on the sanctity of marriage, and will lead to other bad things. Actually, let's go further back and make adultery a capital crime again. That's where things really started going down hill. See how ridiculous that argument is? Reasonable minds can differ on where the line is drawn, but the argument that the line can never be drawn is simply ridiculous.

So...gay marriage is about a decline in respect among the youth and in video games? What are you even arguing here? How about respect for other people (even if they are gay), honor (if they choose to honor a marriage), dignity (of allowing them to be part of the community with the same rights as you) and courtesy (even if you disagree with them)? Seems to me to be an expansion of the values you say are in decline.

What exactly do you think you're having to pay for? What exactly do you think you're having to participate in? Do you think you *have* to gay marry? Send a gift? What exactly am I forcing on you? You can continue to believe whatever it is you believe, you just can't use the law to prohibit equal protection under the law. When I married someone outside my race, did I force my belief that interracial marriage was ok on everyone? No, of course not. You're free to believe it's wrong. Fairly recently in our history you could have even arrested me for it...but not now because I have equal protection under the law. I'm failing to see how that's a bad thing, or how it forces YOU to do anything at all except not interfere in someone else's life in what is one of the most personal and life changing decisions we ever make in our lives...who to marry.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

The gay people pushing for it will go home. After they are married.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I'm asking. Based on this:

Tell me how this relates to gay marriage.

My problem is the issue you started your argue ent in this thread with. Discrimination. If I do not agree with you I am discriminating against you. You cannot say this is not costing people who disagree with it. Do some research. It has directly costed at least 3people their businesses. Those people all had to pay dearly for not wanting to participate. That is just so far. As I said before, call it something else. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
    I did not say gay marriage is causing this decline, I directly said otherwise. I said part of this moral decline is gay marriage. Twisting words may get confessions but does not win arguments.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood

you think they will? I don't. There will always be another issue. There will always be another attack. I for one and sick of people trying to say I discriminate because I don't agree with them. That is weak argument for a weak person.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    you think they will? I don't. There will always be another issue. There will always be another attack. I for one and sick of people trying to say I discriminate because I don't agree with them. That is weak argument for a weak person.

There are plenty of us on INGO who would never get a same sex marriage but think we shouldn't deny it either.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I'm sure they will be out of the closet soon.
    The problem I have with forcing gay marriage as legitimate is THEY ARE FORCING IT DOWN OUR THROATS!! If the media didn't portray homosexuals and their deviancy at a much higher percentage than they actually occur, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    You want to change the definition of marriage for less than 1 percent of the population? I think that's a pretty dangerous precedent to set. Once the camel gets its nose under the tent next thing ya know you got camels in your tent.
    I don't care to have camels in my tent. Its my tent and I will allow or disallow whatever or whoever I want in my tent. My choice. I shouldn't be made by force, by my government to condone a behavior I think is morally wrong and physically repulsive.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I'm sure they will be out of the closet soon.
    The problem I have with forcing gay marriage as legitimate is THEY ARE FORCING IT DOWN OUR THROATS!! If the media didn't portray homosexuals and their deviancy at a much higher percentage than they actually occur, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    You want to change the definition of marriage for less than 1 percent of the population? I think that's a pretty dangerous precedent to set. Once the camel gets its nose under the tent next thing ya know you got camels in your tent.
    I don't care to have camels in my tent. Its my tent and I will allow or disallow whatever or whoever I want in my tent. My choice. I shouldn't be made by force, by my government to condone a behavior I think is morally wrong and physically repulsive.

Lots of material here.... yep.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My problem is the issue you started your argue ent in this thread with. Discrimination. If I do not agree with you I am discriminating against you. You cannot say this is not costing people who disagree with it. Do some research. It has directly costed at least 3people their businesses. Those people all had to pay dearly for not wanting to participate. That is just so far. As I said before, call it something else. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
    I did not say gay marriage is causing this decline, I directly said otherwise. I said part of this moral decline is gay marriage. Twisting words may get confessions but does not win arguments.

You're just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. So far, nothing. Again, if businesses are forced to deal equally with all customers is a separate issue than if people can get married. That conversation is going on in another post, and there's no need to side track this one with it. Black people could marry each other long before they could sit at every lunch counter. Two different issues.

Just answer this simple fill in the blank question:

If two gay people marry, the harm I suffer is: __________________ . I believe this harm is sufficient to deny gays equal protection under the law that straights enjoy in the same situations because ____________ .

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Senator #1:
    Hey Jim, I keep getting calls from those lobbyist who gave me all that money during the election, and they want me to support this bill that they wrote that benefits their industry at the expense of the tax-payers. What if the voters find out?

Senator #2:
    Don't worry Bob, me and some of the other guys are going to get this gay marriage thing stirred up again. The voters will focus on that and be so busy fighting back and forth, they won't even notice your bill.

Senator #1:
    I don't know Jim, have you read that bill? It's blatantly biased toward those corporate interests, and at the expense of the people. The voters will be too smart to let that gay marriage thing fool them.

Senator #2:
    Relax Bob. You're new here, just wait and see. By the way, hope to see you at the "committee meeting" in Grindelwald next weekend. The skiing is awesome in the Alps this time of year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom