Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Had a member of this forum share a classified listing that i was interested in. Never realized there was a rule that would require such activity.....sent the admin/mod a message, which probably raised a red flag in the first place. Wish i would have gotten a reply to my message and had this all explained....

Well, that's what we figured. End of story.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Had a member of this forum share a classified listing that i was interested in. Never realized there was a rule that would require such activity.....sent the admin/mod a message, which probably raised a red flag in the first place. Wish i would have gotten a reply to my message and had this all explained....

Pretty sure it wasn't the message to the mod that raised the flag. If you look at the top of the page for a link of unread posts it will bring up all the new posts by time/date. You can see who posted the latest message and when it was posted. When someones name shows up there posting something every minute or so then that sets off the red flags.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You don't have to contribute by answering or explaining thing. I think these last few posts in this thread are pretty good. You are asking questions seeking knowledge. I'm not a mod, but they seem pretty "quality" to me.

Maybe you see something in a thread you can ask a question about.
    Or start a new thread and ask a question.
    Try to say more that "Is the 1911 a good gun", or "cool", or stuff like that.
    Add a few lines, maybe some detail.
    50 posts will come pretty fast.
    And remember, there will always be another deal in the classifieds.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

You mentioned you do not have a lot of knowledge to help out. You don't need to very experienced. Just take it a little more slow. Even the admin message may not be what turned you up on the radar. When you click on view recent posts and you see the same name all down the page. Then take a look at the posts it is quiet obvious who is making replies as fast as they can just to buy something.

When I got on here I thought it was strange to not be able to message someone until you had 50 replies. I thought it would be better to not display the classifieds until you had more postings. But it is the way it is. Was told it was that way to show what the site offered if you want to be a participating member. To this point I still haven't bought or sold anything from here. At least what was in the classifieds.

Then when a mod swipes your posts they are not picking and choosing which ones are good, it is just a whack to get you to slow down and read the rules.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    [QUOTE
    And remember, there will always be another deal in the classifieds.[/QUOTE]

But I heard the classifieds might be gone soon.

Thanks

Mark

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Meh. I don't worry about those who make a run if they put in quality posts. That is the entire reason for the 50 post rule. They are contributing to the content of the site and the value of INGO to attract visitors. We get to learn at least a little about them by their contributions for those who want to check before buying/selling with them. Everyone benefits.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Meh. I don't worry about those who make a run if they put in quality posts. That is the entire reason for the 50 post rule. They are contributing to the content of the site and the value of INGO to attract visitors. We get to learn at least a little about them by their contributions for those who want to check before buying/selling with them. Everyone benefits.

Sure DENNY, bring commen sense into this thread. It's been slow and we need to have some fun!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom