• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I just had someone who had 5 posts pm me about one of my ads about 5 hrs ago. Not sure if they flew under the radar or what on this thread.

Most likely got to 50 for a short while before the mods whacked him back down. Fortunately, you can check either buyer or seller background here to decide if you are comfortable in dealing with them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah I don't trust those who make runs. If I were selling something on here I would be more prone to allowing an established INGO member onto my property or in my house without having to worry about something happening.

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Hi Jeff. Welcome.

We have about 2 or 3 new members a week that are just looking for a gun to buy or sell. They try to get the required 50 post count quickly so they can do the deal in a hurry. Once the deal is done, they are never heard from again. It gets old fast.

We are a firearms community FIRST. The classifieds are just a perk. We want to get to know our members and hear what they have to say.

Stick around and enjoy this great forum. You have shown interest already so keep it up.

If I understand correctly the 50 post rule can be circumvented by becoming a site supporter.
    So much for "getting to know" new members and "getting a feel" for the person.
    Community FIRST, unless ya got $15 then it's a free for all.
    Smells a little fishy to me.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. If I'm correct then........I'm correct. Lol

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You might want to read the FAQ. It is explained there. The site runs on two things. Useful posts that keep people coming back to read and money to keep the servers running. The idea is that people must contribute to the community to gain access to the classifieds. Some people do both (site supporters). Sorry if you think that is fishy because it certainly isn't. Many sites have much stricter requirements before allowing people access. The 50 post rule has done a pretty good job of keeping the crap you find on Facebook gun sale sites, Hoosier Topics and similar free gun sale sites out of INGO.

At least once a week, someone gets the brilliant idea that the 50 post rule doesn't apply to them, so they can post a bunch of quick crap into the threads to get to 50 and get around the rule. That pollutes the threads for everyone else. They are hardly original and generally are very easy to spot. The Mods will generally delete all of their junk posts before they get to 50, leading to a lot of butt-hurt by people who don't think the rule should either be read or followed. Communities have basic rules of behavior and those who don't care to follow them find out that they aren't really welcome.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I understand correctly the 50 post rule can be circumvented by becoming a site supporter.

Most of us are site supporters. I was on here long before I ponied up for supporter status. I should have done it long before I did.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    You are smelling the burning rubber off the tires of my Bughatti

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You might want to read the FAQ. It is explained there. The site runs on two things. Useful posts that keep people coming back to read and money to keep the servers running. The idea is that people must contribute to the community to gain access to the classifieds. Some people do both (site supporters). Sorry if you think that is fishy because it certainly isn't. Many sites have much stricter requirements before allowing people access. The 50 post rule has done a pretty good job of keeping the crap you find on Facebook gun sale sites, Hoosier Topics and similar free gun sale sites out of INGO.

At least once [STRIKE]a week[/STRIKE] DAILY, someone gets the brilliant idea that the 50 post rule doesn't apply to them, so they can post a bunch of quick crap into the threads to get to 50 and get around the rule. That pollutes the threads for everyone else. They are hardly original and generally are very easy to spot. The Mods will generally delete all of their junk posts before they get to 50, leading to a lot of butt-hurt by people who don't think the rule should either be read or followed. Communities have basic rules of behavior and those who don't care to follow them find out that they aren't really welcome.

FIFY.

We have another sprinter active right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom