Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Actually not so sad. As they say in radio, long time listener first time caller.
    You guys cant wait to dish out the neg rep.
    For future reference.... It isn't just about selling.

1. I cant PM without hitting 50, hence the race to 50.
    2. While I appreciate all the hand wringing about the 50 posts and selling things. Everyone mentions "to become a site supporter" but no one links to how to do that in any of the posts. Not the warning, not here, and not in classified. Also the search turns up a lot of posts about it but I didn't see a link to "take my money."

Food for thought, now neg rep away.

I am glad to see you are aware that you were in fact racing to hit 50. That is what put you on the radar. I hope you do become s site supporter. That is what keeps this site here for the long term. I don't know if you read the link I posted in your thread, if you did you would be aware of our feelings in the Race to 50 thing. I wouldn't call for negative rep in open forum many would be glad to oblige. It's a last resort to getting someones attention. We now have your attention.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Actually not so sad. As they say in radio, long time listener first time caller.
    You guys cant wait to dish out the neg rep.
    For future reference.... It isn't just about selling.

1. I cant PM without hitting 50, hence the race to 50.
    2. While I appreciate all the hand wringing about the 50 posts and selling things. Everyone mentions "to become a site supporter" but no one links to how to do that in any of the posts. Not the warning, not here, and not in classified. Also the search turns up a lot of posts about it but I didn't see a link to "take my money."

Food for thought, now neg rep away.
    I think every mod has it in their signature... see below in the FAQ.

Also, have you seen the huge banner on the right side of the home page?

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    Yea I saw the warnings but I didnt want to keep the PM folks hanging until I hit 50 stellar posts later. Perhaps the PM function can be disabled (send and receive) until 50, though I did post saying I could not PM back.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yea I get the "member since 09 bit with little postings" is lame on my part but it is a testament to the quality of the postings here. I usually can find what info I am looking for quickly. I posted my question yesterday and got really good recommendations. I wanted to PM because I received PMs (despite not having 50 posts) from users offering to price them for me. Apparently I am not able to use the search function properly regarding the CP. I will take a look at armslist since you guys recommend that. Thanks for your help.

Edit. As angryrooster said, I was looking for the best shop to sell the guns to, many users suggested selling here.

In general, a business will pay wholesale or less for something they intend to sell at retail (or more precisely what the traffic will bear) that is the only way they can make money. Trades will take place retail value to retail value as the business will only be into the trade for what they paid for their item so no loss to them. If you want retail or near retail you need to sell to a private buyer, which is why people suggested selling on Armslist or in the classies, both of which have rules governing their use which it is the users duty to understand and follow

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yea I saw the warnings but I didnt want to keep the PM folks hanging until I hit 50 stellar posts later. Perhaps the PM function can be disabled (send and receive) until 50, though I did post saying I could not PM back.

If you receive a PM before 50, you can go to that members profile and send them a visitor message. It's not private but is directed only to them rather than being an open forum post and will toggle their notification indicator. Anyone who is interested and cares to pursue it can also read that message, so don't get carried away

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    If you receive a PM before 50, you can go to that members profile and send them a visitor message. It's not private but is directed only to them rather than being an open forum post and will toggle their notification indicator. Anyone who is interested and cares to pursue it can also read that message, so don't get carried away
    Good to know. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom