Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Don't know how this morphed into an Army thing but a local news channel just said Trump's EO on immigration was not valid.

So now my question becomes - did Trump consult any of his chosen lawyers before signing the EO, if so who are they, and . . . . what is their position on why they think they are correct ?

I assume this will be challenged in the Supreme Court.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    9th Circuit rules against reinstating travel ban - CNNPolitics.com

Ruling is not decision on ban's merits; it keeps temporary restraining order suspending travel ban in place

The Justice Department is reviewing the decision and considering its options. On to the 8-member SCOTUS! (A tie there would uphold 9th circuit)

Also, this tweet came way too naturally to him:

Trump said:
    SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This was always destined for SCOTUS, which is just as well... sorta. I'd almost defer this decision - leave it in place - and litigate the actual merits quickly. The risk of a 4-4 tie would almost be worse than just leaving it in place.

For me, the issue comes back to his lack of respect. Are these all so-called judges now?

And yes, the 9th is a terrible circuit for conservativism. They do get things right every once in awhile, sometimes even on purpose.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I wonder if Trump has something up his sleeve. Something like banning ALL immigration for 90 days since they won't stay this case... If he bans all immigration, they can't use the religious discrimination angle.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This was always destined for SCOTUS, which is just as well... sorta. I'd almost defer this decision - leave it in place - and litigate the actual merits quickly. The risk of a 4-4 tie would almost be worse than just leaving it in place.

For me, the issue comes back to his lack of respect. Are these all so-called judges now?

And yes, the 9th is a terrible circuit for conservativism. They do get things right every once in awhile, sometimes even on purpose.
    So this was a "you will respect us" decision?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wonder if Trump has something up his sleeve. Something like banning ALL immigration for 90 days since they won't stay this case... If he bans all immigration, they can't use the religious discrimination angle.

As far as I understand it, the reason the stay was upheld was that there was insufficient evidence to show that allowing people in will cause harm to the country. To have overturned it would have required actual evidence that harm would come to the country should we allow people in.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think the President should sign a new executive order that is more specific and basicly does the same thing or even more.
    So how can these liberal and not impartial judges be removed?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As far as I understand it, the reason the stay was upheld was that there was insufficient evidence to show that allowing people in will cause harm to the country. To have overturned it would have required actual evidence that harm would come to the country should we allow people in.

If someone comes in and attacks us due to these judges the. I hope the govt sends them to a CIA camp in a far away land.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think the President should sign a new executive order that is more specific and basicly does the same thing or even more.
    So how can these liberal and not impartial judges be removed?

You don't remove them.

You hire some of the best legal minds in the country and brainstorm a way to humiliate them, by baiting them to overturn things they either lack the authority to, or will draw public ire for doing.

...not that I'd advise something like that

Top Bottom