• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Do you have blinders on? After multiple cases of people walking into public places with long guns and opening fire, you wonder why open carrying a long gun would be a problem with the public? Get real people, that behavior is only asking for trouble in the present environment.

There's been a lot of fatal car crashes here lately. I still get pretty nervous when I see someone driving a car.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You'd be even more nervous if the national media harped on and on about the fatalities 24/7

Or constantly sensationalizing/demonized a specific type of car as being too inherently dangerous for people to be able to own legally. So then because of this 24/7 constant sensationalizing, every crazy person buys one of these cars to commit mass murders to get themselves on the news 24/7. Which makes the media say, see? This car is evil. No one should own them.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Or constantly sensationalizing/demonized a specific type of car as being too inherently dangerous for people to be able to own legally. So then because of this 24/7 constant sensationalizing, every crazy person buys one of these cars to commit mass murders to get themselves on the news 24/7. Which makes the media say, see? This car is evil. No one should own them.

Anyone remember Ralph Nader and what he did to GM's Corvair?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

They did (still do?) - Don't you remember Rush Limbaugh's SUV reports?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Do you have blinders on? After multiple cases of people walking into public places with long guns and opening fire, you wonder why open carrying a long gun would be a problem with the public? Get real people, that behavior is only asking for trouble in the present environment.

I can play this game too. Do you have blinders on?! More people are murdered by those who CC than OC. More people are murdered in Chicago each weekend than the average "mass shooting." Get real people, that behavior is only asking for trouble in the present environment.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some time I feel like people don't know that we are being watched and the anti's sit back laughing at us...

until we give the a good idea.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I have a request for all.

Recently there has been an upswing in otherwise pro-RKBA people denigrating open carry and the people who choose to do it. The word "stupid" is frequently used, with prime example of Dana Loesch saying during her radio show that "open carry is stupid."

Regardless of how you feel about open carry or why, it's going to harm all of us if people keep marginalizing the people among us who choose open carry. IT'S GOING TO HARM ALL OF US because when open carry is successfully outlawed or effectively negated by public opinion, the same thing is going to happen to concealed carry.

So my request has two parts:

1. If you choose to open carry, please do so as responsibly and respectfully as possible (I leave the definition up to you). Like it or not, we're all being judged and at times you will receive additional scrutiny due to your choices. Please keep that in mind moving forward.
    2. To those who object to open carry: please express your objections in a civil and respectful manner. If you choose to provide reasons, please qualify your opinions with acknowledgement that it's an opinion (e.g. you lose the "element of surprise," or "you'll be targeted first,"). Using words like "stupid" and attributing character flaws to people who choose differently from you not only reflects poorly on you, it will be used against all of us by those who seek to disarm us when they parade the "see what the other gun people think of this" to people who are as yet undecided on RKBA issues.

Thank you!

This is is so right however hopefully not too late. I was enjoying guns when the GCA68 was passed. Because of criminal activity and a society helping to prove they could not handle their freedoms we all had to pay the price. As a sportsman we enjoyed being able to go to any hardware store and buy guns and ammo even after 68. I have seen the eroding of our rights more and more as the impact of crime and gun mishandling has been brought to light. The camels nose is already in the tent and any antagonizing for no reason will bring the tent down quicker. Truth is.. I am glad to be an old fart as hopefully I will not live to see what future sportsmen will have to endure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The pinto was one of the cars I had most fun in my youth.

I had a '72 gold Pinto station wagon with the fake wood grain on the side. That was my first car. I only paid $200 for it. Let's just say, if it weren't for my winning personality, I never would have had a date.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Anyone remember Ralph Nader and what he did to GM's Corvair?

I agree.
    The Democrats are Unsafe At Any Speed.

Hey I liked Pintos. They all seemed to disintegrate at the same time though.
    My friends Pinto started to lose his brakes so after a while he just used the handbrake. Then the handbrake was starting to fail so he had to time all his stops way ahead. When he would come over, he would stop by riding the curb until it stopped but if a car was parked there, it would mess his timing all up and he would yell out the window that he'll make another pass until he finds a curb to grind. Sometimes you'd see him and a passenger open their doors and their feet would com out to stop.

He literally drove that car into the ground.

He also used to play "Helicopter" with it.
    Gun it down a dirt road, crank the wheel and pull the handbrake. "Helicopter"

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I used to be with Ford Division/Ford Motor Company. We had a dealer in Illinois who started advertising a "Free Fire Extinguisher With The Purchase Of Any New Pinto." I still have a copy of the newspaper ad someplace around here. Management was NOT amused.....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Had another friend that put a mustangs 302 motor and drivetrain into his Pinto.
    But didn't do anything else.

That thing SCREAMED.
    After a while the doors stopped working correctly... then the hood was kinda crocked and wouldn't open right.... back-side window blew out. Not to mention when you stomp on it, you could see the whole car flex from the torque and pitch in one direction while doing burn-outs.

He finally gutted it and welded braces and brackets to fix it all.
    Was still a rolling death trap.... but FUN.

Hey...
    What's this thread about anyway? :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You'd be even more nervous if the national media harped on and on about the fatalities 24/7

yup
    :yesway:

Top Bottom