• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I'm okay, other than the septic tank. My daughters home took a lot of damage. Her finished basement is a total loss along with her brand new Train brand HVAC system, her new car (less than 5000 miles) is totaled, she converted her garage into a Tai-Kwan-Do training gym(she competes nationally) and everything in it is now ruined and the icing in the cake is that her in ground pool heaved up and cracked down the middle.
    I took off all week and we gutted the basement and the gym(garage). She lost most of the grandkids pictures and keepsakes from when they were babies. What a mess! Anyone who has been through a flood will understand it when I say it's heat breaking. She has had a rough year with a divorce from an abusive husband and vicious court battle. We helped her buy the house and get her back on her feet.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I'm okay, other than the septic tank. My daughters home took a lot of damage. Her finished basement is a total loss along with her brand new Train brand HVAC system, her new car (less than 5000 miles) is totaled, she converted her garage into a Tai-Kwan-Do training gym(she competes nationally) and everything in it is now ruined and the icing in the cake is that her in ground pool heaved up and cracked down the middle.
    I took off all week and we gutted the basement and the gym(garage). She lost most of the grandkids pictures and keepsakes from when they were babies. What a mess! Anyone who has been through a flood will understand it when I say it's heat breaking. She has had a rough year with a divorce from an abusive husband and vicious court battle. We helped her buy the house and get her back on her feet.
    :(

Years ago I had a sewer backup in my basement. Everything down there was ruined. There was about 2 feet of sewage.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Man... A lot of news in here is making me put my problems into perspective this evening.

I genuinely am sorry to hear all of this from my fellow INGOers, but it is a reminder to appreciate what we have a little more.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got the garage more organized and stuff again moved to the new shed. Buying lumber next week to build an 8ft bench for the garage for storage.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man... A lot of news in here is making me put my problems into perspective this evening.

I genuinely am sorry to hear all of this from my fellow INGOers, but it is a reminder to appreciate what we have a little more.

It's a great community here.

Bear, man, so sorry to hear about your situation!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Good night DD.

You know it's time for bed when bear shows up. I know suppers done when the smoke alarm goes off. Ain't life grand!

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Thanks for the support INGO....great bunch of people here:yesway:

She was fortunate that her house is elevated enough to not get water in the main level. Unfortunately, none of her neighbors were that lucky.....most of them lost everything. And no one had flood insurance, so if it wasn't for the good people around here, most would be homeless with only the clothes on their back to their name.

With all of the stupid crap going on in this country right now, it's good to know that the real spirit of America is still alive and well:patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom