• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Mud while tending to targets, deep water at times, alot of ticks. They were bringing in some mulch to try to make walking easier but will still be wet in places, while shooting the footing is gravel and wood decks at some bays.:cool: the food is good and 12 stages took 7 hours today with only a couple short delays due to weather.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Mud while tending to targets, deep water at times, alot of ticks. They were bringing in some mulch to try to make walking easier but will still be wet in places, while shooting the footing is gravel and wood decks at some bays.:cool: the food is good and 12 stages took 7 hours today with only a couple short delays due to weather.

Good info!

Hope fun was had by all!

Thanks.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Speaking of rules. I was wrong about this one at my last west side match.

Submitted ByDuane Charter on 4/10/2015 at 9:24 PM

Question is Related ToShooting Rules

Specific Rule (Section3.4.2

Question About Current RuleScenario - while removing a magazine for a loaded chamber reload, the top round is dislodged and falls to the ground. Must the shooter pick up the single round to prevent a PE? Or is the dislodging considered an equipment malfunction because the magazine failed to retain the top round?

IDPA ResponseShooters who dislodge individual rounds during a reload or inadvertently rack rounds out after a reload do not receive a penalty for the rounds left behind.

Hide

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When it comes to Jeff and Rules this is pretty much all we need to know...first step is admitting you have a problem :D

I assume that is your way of saying "thank you kind, honorable, and noble sir for seeking clarity & making things better for all of us, I hope to learn from your example and to become a better person".

My mistake was assuming that things would be logical and consistent. If you leave good ammo under 99% of circumstances apparently it will get you killed on the streets but if you shuck live rounds to the ground willy nilly I guess that is tactically sound.

Reason I was poking around in the IDPA rulings area, I got busted Sunday for not seeking cover when hidden targets came out (stage 9), the stage before had 5 different hidden targets that popped out and nobody (rightly) said squat about cover :n00b:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I assume that is your way of saying "thank you kind, honorable, and noble sir for seeking clarity & making things better for all of us, I hope to learn from your example and to become a better person".

My mistake was assuming that things would be logical and consistent. If you leave good ammo under 99% of circumstances apparently it will get you killed on the streets but if you shuck live rounds to the ground willy nilly I guess that is tactically sound.

Reason I was poking around in the IDPA rulings area, I got busted Sunday for not seeking cover when hidden targets came out (stage 9), the stage before had 5 different hidden targets that popped out and nobody (rightly) said squat about cover :n00b:

When it comes to Jeff and Rules I automatically assume Jeff is looking for a reason to issue FTDR and DQs :D now...If you don't just start racking rounds out of the gun to get to slide lock instead of doing a reload with retention you are officially missing out!

and doesn't it say something about ammunition feeding device or does it just say ammunition? or did they change the terminology entirely?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Anybody heading to Red Brush today? If so please do us WSSC guys a huge favor and remind everyone that NCOWS has taken over and there will be no IDPA match on our normal weekend. Also WSSC is hosting an Intro to IDPA class on June 20th at 8am. It is geared toward the beginning shooter and those that have never experienced action shooting before. Thanks!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The scrap booking / arts and craft thing at west side this Saturday was noted, I don't know if the June 20 thing was or not.

RB scores are out.

A bit of confusion (ok it is my fault) on how things were written down (1a versus 1b kind of thing) but if you look close you can figure it out. One of the stages was a around 10 something stage and the other was an around 25 something.
    Overall scores were not effected.
    Really I blame this on the scorekeeper for being on family vacation stuff instead of being there to make sure I didn't confuse the left and right. Actually all this is likely some kind of plot against me or else the sheets would be something like 1 east and 1 west instead of 1a and 1b. It is age discrimination in its most loathsome form.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The scrap booking / arts and craft thing at west side this Saturday was noted, I don't know if the June 20 thing was or not.

RB scores are out.

A bit of confusion (ok it is my fault) on how things were written down (1a versus 1b kind of thing) but if you look close you can figure it out. One of the stages was a around 10 something stage and the other was an around 25 something.
    Overall scores were not effected.
    Really I blame this on the scorekeeper for being on family vacation stuff instead of being there to make sure I didn't confuse the left and right. Actually all this is likely some kind of plot against me or else the sheets would be something like 1 east and 1 west instead of 1a and 1b. It is age discrimination in its most loathsome form.

There were all sorts of fellers MIA on Saturday! Beautiful day for a match though!

Top Bottom