• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    To all

Even a little rain didn’t dampen sprits. Thanks for coming out and shooting with us. Special thanks to all who came out to set up and those who stayed late to tear down.

Results are on the website if you didn't get a copy. Westside Sportsmans Club - PAS and IDPA Results

In the second week of June the WSSC range host the National Congress Of Old West Shooters for their annual National Event so there won't be a monthly match. We invite all to our Introduction to IDPA where we will assist newer shooters to gather skills and knowledge in a less competitive environment. This is free to all. We intend to have a practice stage and instruction in rules, safety, tips, and best practices.

We conduct our July match the 11th and we invite you to shoot with us.

Jim

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Really, really struggling with targets to my left, worse when close in and have a more extreme angle (obvious I guess). Right handed, right eye dominant, politics are to the right as well.

what gives

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Really, really struggling with targets to my left, worse when close in and have a more extreme angle (obvious I guess). Right handed, right eye dominant, politics are to the right as well.

what gives

That scenario is probably the bane to all right-handed shooters. Somewhere Jay 'Leftie" Hile is getting a good chuckle and telling you to 'suck it up, Buttercup' LOL I'd kick him in the shins for that...just sayin'

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just a food for thought thing, but I'm wondering if IDPA at RB will fade away like the cowboy action shooting events did.

Can't see the current match director wanting to do the job forever, the usual suspects have either moved on to other time commitments or else have already done a long stint, and I do not see any new faces that seem anxious to step up and get involved.

Perhaps not an issue but just a thought.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just a food for thought thing, but I'm wondering if IDPA at RB will fade away like the cowboy action shooting events did.

Can't see the current match director wanting to do the job forever, the usual suspects have either moved on to other time commitments or else have already done a long stint, and I do not see any new faces that seem anxious to step up and get involved.

Perhaps not an issue but just a thought.

I heard tell of a young feller name of Jeff Jones that is going to run it all come next year!

On a serious note though, growing shooters is one thing but there is always a need to grow SO's and RO's and MD's. Probably the hardest aspect of keeping an event running is having enough support personnel to keep things fresh and to help keep those currently doing things from burning out. Everybody should get the chance to be nothing more than a competitor.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Missing TJ's thoughts & comments here.
    Got the squaring for IL state match tonight. 6 days to go!

Its been a bit slowly on here as of late. We've had a lot on our plate the last month or so but I see a match in my future...June 6th barring any last minute lottery wins and such. I feel rusty but I'm ready!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmm, Sandbagger & Jim get to shoot on a 4 person squad Saturday & start at noon? :gaychase::shady:

If it is dry Saturday I am going to write IDPA & let them know that Sandbagger shot all of the last classifier weak hand.

Top Bottom