• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Just checked out scores and I'm not too mad at how I did, especially for how little match and/or practice time I've had in the last couple months. :yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just checked out scores and I'm not too mad at how I did, especially for how little match and/or practice time I've had in the last couple months. :yesway:

Agreed! I'll take my score as well. I was shooting CDP though, just for the sake of argument LOL I was really hoping that after shooting the 21 I'd have a definitive answer to if I should shoot it for a while or go back to the 34. LOL I should really just lock up every gun except the 34 and the 42 and though nothing else!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Agreed! I'll take my score as well. I was shooting CDP though, just for the sake of argument LOL I was really hoping that after shooting the 21 I'd have a definitive answer to if I should shoot it for a while or go back to the 34. LOL I should really just lock up every gun except the 34 and the 42 and though nothing else!

:+1:

Even with my crappy eye sight, you didn't "look" as fast as you do with the 34....if that means squat.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    In case it comes up at a match.

Folks can rejoice :rockwoot:, I sent a note to the RB & WSSC match directors explaining that I have retired from running the timer.

As of Saturday I have DQ'd 5 people, I suspect that is couple more than everyone else put together at both clubs, so the data has spoken and change is necessary. It is not fair to the shooters to have one person who does things differently than everybody else and it is not fun being the bad guy.

Exception being if somebody needs to reload or something (do not intend to be silly about it).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    In case it comes up at a match.

Folks can rejoice :rockwoot:, I sent a note to the RB & WSSC match directors explaining that I have retired from running the timer.

As of Saturday I have DQ'd 5 people, I suspect that is couple more than everyone else put together at both clubs, so the data has spoken and change is necessary. It is not fair to the shooters to have one person who does things differently than everybody else and it is not fun being the bad guy.

Exception being if somebody needs to reload or something (do not intend to be silly about it).

I hate to hear that man, but you've earned your retirement from all the hours you've put in over the years helping RB IDPA be successful.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on Saturday, July 11th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter
    orientation at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM. WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

We will have 6 Courses of Fire, and there will be a minimum round count of about 110. The cost will be
    $15.00 per weapon. Go to the IDPA website for the rules. http://www.idpa.com/

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

We are also announcing that we will be hosting an IDPA Classifier August 8th. This will be a reserved time event. We will start shooting at 8AM with 4 squads of 4 shooters each, 10AM will have another 16 shooters and 16 shooters at noon.
    If we fill those times we may open a 2PM slot. We will start taking reservation at the July 11th match. I will start
    taking e-mail reservations on July 11th

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hmmm. Ground here does not look like it would work well for parking.

You folks figure there is much chance of a match tomorrow?

The Big 3 of WSSC are in heated debates as we speak. :D Seriously, who would have thought we'd be talking rainouts for a July match when this time a few years ago it was dry as Grelber's humor and 3 times as hot as the WSSC yellow safety officer's shirts? :D LOL

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    ok, Slight update. Going to stop by the club and inspect the grounds around 4:30. There is a heavy system a bit further west but we aren't sure how that will affect the match. We should have an official word out by 4:30 or 5:00.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    To all

What a wonderful day it turned out to be yesterday. Special thanks to everyone who came out to setup.

More thanks for those who stayed for the teardown.

A special welcome to our dozen first time shooters, we hope you enjoyed the event and shoot with us at a future event.

Another welcome to a visiting shooter from the great state of Pennsylvania, Mike Alexander who came a long way take top accuracy.

Division winners were:
    CDP Mike Alexander
    ESP Brad Eadens
    SSP Mike Basden
    CCP Damian Chism
    Revolver Mike Hudson

Most Accurate Shooters
    Place Name Score Target Pts Division / Classification
    1 Mike Alexander 130.46 44 CDP/Master
    2 Brad Eadens 111.41 51 ESP/Master
    3 Brian Fawcett 124.79 52 ESP/Expert
    4 Michael Basden 145.76 60 SSP/Expert
    5 Juan Cabrera 162.93 63 SSP/Expert
    6 Damian Chism 172.06 64 CCP/Expert
    7 James Woodard 187.12 65 ESP/Sharpshooter
    8 Kevin Farrar 216.04 73 CCP/Unclassified
    9 Jay Hile 156.56 74 SSP/Sharpshooter
    10 Chris Stuard 159.86 74 SSP/Sharpshooter

Full Match results are at: Westside Sportsmans Club - PAS and IDPA Results

Everyone is invited to next month’s annual classifier August 8th. We run our classifier in stages where you can be in and out classified on one weapon in two hours.

Request multiple slots if you intend to classify on multiple weapons.

Slots start at 8AM, 10AM, and 12 PM. Safety officers and staff get priority for 2PM start.

8AM and 10AM slots fill quick, respond soon. We will run standby lists for 8, 10, and 12 if you are too late to get a slot, but you must be present so we can fill you into a slot.

If you are late we give your slot to a standby and you go on the standby list for a later slot----don’t be late.

EMAIL Jay Hile at jayhile@wowway.com and request a start time.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Was hoping somebody else would do this so I wouldn't have to.

Very well designed match Saturday I thought, fun and challenging!!

Better officiating than what I am used to.

Top Bottom