• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Saturday I went back up to Muncie for the HSM Series to race in the 12.20 index class again. This time my parents and mother in law wanted to come my wife, mom, and mother in law have never gotten to watch me race. Weather was great and they all had a good time. The wife told me if I get her a pit bike, she would come back!

First test hit was pretty bad. The car was missing when I was driving to the staging lanes and I was hoping it would clear up. It didn't and the car went 12.692. Came back to the pits and knew I needed to change spark plugs. I pulled 4 out that were fouled. 2nd test hit I went a 12.177, the car felt really good and it was ready for 1st round. For 1st round I pulled up next to a white S550 mustang, a buddy told me that the guy was really good at cutting a light and usually right on 12.20. Great... I'm horrible on the tree and there is a good chance I could break out. The S550 cut a 0.019 and I went 0.103. The whole way down the track we kept looking at each other on and off the throttle. One time when I let off the throttle, it shifted into OD and when I got back in it, it had to down shift which might have been why I lost the race. I went 12.480 to his 12.459, with his reaction time he won by 0.1056. I haven't been drag racing for long but this is by far my favorite pass I've made. The back and fourth was awesome!

Since all my family was there I decided to buy back in to get to make at least one more pass. I line up next to a black new edge mustang with a BBF in it (the video is this race). I won the race at the tree! I went 0.143 to his 0.353. I was on and off the throttle 3 times and went 12.411 to his 12.220, my margin of victory was 0.0197! My family didn't understand how these races work and thought I lost, They didn't see the W light on the board. I got back to the pits and they were surprised to see my face of excitement! I explained to them how it worked then they understood.

Moving on to 3rd round I was "lucky" enough to line up against the same white S550 that took me out first round. This time I beat him on the tree, 0.103 to his 0.124. I told myself before this race that I was going to stay in it until the end and if I was out in front, I would stab the brakes. Well I didn't stab them hard enough and broke out with a 12.108. He also broke out, but broke out less with a 12.123 so he won.

Overall it was a great evening of racing and hanging out with my family. Any night the car drives back on the trailer is a good night in my book. For the next race, I need to find out why it had 4 fouled plugs and I need to wire in a switch to turn off over drive. FB_IMG_1693216014587.jpg FB_IMG_1693216019635.jpg FB_IMG_1693216022751.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_062503_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20230828_062540_Video Player.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I got really rusty being out all season. Took me 3 sessions to get my head out of my *** and by then my shoulder was too sore to take the 4th. 2 more today to not suck and then the 9 hour drive home

Top Bottom