• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My 2015 15 liter turbo gets 7mpg!

But I don’t go over 80,000lbs and I have a 13 speed with three pedals.

Can you still shift BT?

BTW 2007 Cat gets 5.5 mpg!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My 2015 15 liter turbo gets 7mpg!

But I don’t go over 80,000lbs and I have a 13 speed with three pedals.

Can you still shift BT?

BTW 2007 Cat gets 5.5 mpg!
    Oh I can still shift..........with the flick of a stalk on the wheel. :xmad:

We do have one 10 speed that I drive when I have a choice.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Alright y'all talking about poor gas mileage, I'm going to probably one up all y'all. At full song my baby gets 8 gal per mile. Yes I wrote that right..in theory anyway. So it burns 1 gallon (a tad more with a half track burnout) over an 1/8th mile run. Oh and the gas is $24/gal. Which leads me to wonder, WTF is wrong with me? Lol.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A little rough around the edges but it's a veteran of open track days and appears to be a CHEAP way to get into track days!

If I weren't so close to getting my own racecar project back online I'd be tempted!

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    A little rough around the edges but it's a veteran of open track days and appears to be a CHEAP way to get into track days!

If I weren't so close to getting my own racecar project back online I'd be tempted!
    So that cage - notice how it really only covers the driver side? Think something like that would work for a 10sec street car? It's not like I'm gonna be taking passengers down the strip.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So that cage - notice how it really only covers the driver side? Think something like that would work for a 10sec street car? It's not like I'm gonna be taking passengers down the strip
    Nope. For a 10 sec car you pretty much just need a traditional 4pt roll bar. But the cross bar behind the seat has to extend from B pillar to B pillar. Also it has to have diagonal door bars that when properly installed pass beside the driver at a height between the shoulder and elbow.
    The whole thing starts getting more in depth when you reach 9.99 (6.39 in 1/8th) and at that point a license is also required

Edit- now if it is only going to be run on the streets, yeah it will do the job to stiffen up the chassis. I can't say how well it may hold up in a crash. Even compared to stuff I used to install when I briefly worked at Kenny Brown, it's not how I would do it

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Alright y'all talking about poor gas mileage, I'm going to probably one up all y'all. At full song my baby gets 8 gal per mile. Yes I wrote that right..in theory anyway. So it burns 1 gallon (a tad more with a half track burnout) over an 1/8th mile run. Oh and the gas is $24/gal. Which leads me to wonder, WTF is wrong with me? Lol.
    I did a similar computation one time and it wasn't quite as bad. I was using about 4 to 6 gallons from the time I rolled it off the trailer to the time I was rolling back on the trailer. 3 to 4 60 second runs on a course up to 1 mile long but I was only paying about 6 dollars per gallon. Sure was fun though.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    On my 1990 Mustang GT I had about 3/4 gap in the drivers side hood and door. This was in 1990 the car had about 4,000 miles on it.

I made have driven it a little hard?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On my 1990 Mustang GT I had about 3/4 gap in the drivers side hood and door. This was in 1990 the car had about 4,000 miles on it.

I made have driven it a little hard?
    Probably so. I've seen more than one twisted up with wide body gaps and even one that had a cracked RH quarter panel. Knowing that chassis came out in '79 Ford really should have had factory installed sub frame connectors.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Probably so. I've seen more than one twisted up with wide body gaps and even one that had a cracked RH quarter panel. Knowing that chassis came out in '79 Ford really should have had factory installed sub frame connectors.
    My first Fox was a '79 V8 Auto with a trashed motor. I did quite a bit of chassis work to improve its handling and I was quite surprised in how much the SFC's improved the rigidity. I had a fairly steep driveway and the first time I backed it out of the garage I crossed from the driveway to the street at a slight angle and it was VERY obvious that the chassis didn't twist like it used to. It wasn't that I ever noticed it twist before but I noticed it a LOT after the SFC's were installed. Since then, every Fox I've owned (4) got SFC's before any other mod.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

She is a tad rough, but it looks like something that has stood the test so far. Price is what it would take to do the engine/trans/gear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My first Fox was a '79 V8 Auto with a trashed motor. I did quite a bit of chassis work to improve its handling and I was quite surprised in how much the SFC's improved the rigidity. I had a fairly steep driveway and the first time I backed it out of the garage I crossed from the driveway to the street at a slight angle and it was VERY obvious that the chassis didn't twist like it used to. It wasn't that I ever noticed it twist before but I noticed it a LOT after the SFC's were installed. Since then, every Fox I've owned (4) got SFC's before any other mod.
    One of my street racing buddy's had a salvage title 68 Nove that was 2 cars to make 1 at the B pillar. Work was well done on the body and we hung all the suspension with Lakewoods and the rest of the cool suspension bits of 1971.
    The engine was a for real LS6 with lots of work done. 3 peddle car. 4.10s. A top shelf street racer of that period. And the only car that could step off on my Hemi Dodge.
    With street tire zero traction.
    10" goodyears and that car twisted up like a contortionist.
    Took it to a Tuesday night run what you brung at IRP and after 2 hard passes the passenger door popped open and damaged the striker and latch. Had to lash it closed. Couple of fellas there had a similar car and showed us what was needed. 1st it was a session on a frame rack. Then we fabricated our own frame ties from box tubing that moved the front spring perch inboard 3" a side. These required a slot be cut as they came up into the floor pan. We welded the pan to the ties, and it was stronger than the bolt on ones offered in the speed shops. Relocating the rear perches and spring saddles on the axle tubes. Cut the wheel tubs as far as we could and put everything back under the car. We could easily get a 10" Crager SS in the wheel wells and the appropriate slicks. The damned thing was a beast after that.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Wife’s Super Stock is stiff when you jack up the back it lifts the entire side. When you pull into a steep approach at an angle it will lift a rear tire.

I assume my GT 500 is probably stiffer?

CM When you tell a story it’s like I was back in 1971!
    But I would have been TWO so you probably would not let me roll with you back in the day!

Top Bottom