• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bwuhahahahahahahahahaha! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

This one caused ice tea spewage thru the nose!

For that kind of money it needs to be numbers matching, ORIGINAL and heavily documented. HELL! They didn't even bother to clean the floor mats for the picture!
    WTF is that guy smoking.
    Clean piece but not lined with gold.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Bwuhahahahahahahahahaha! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

This one caused ice tea spewage thru the nose!

For that kind of money it needs to be numbers matching, ORIGINAL and heavily documented. HELL! They didn't even bother to clean the floor mats for the picture!
    That car has been on his lot since he opened. Actually most of his lot is his original inventory. I figured he must be asking a ton of money for them.

I can't figure out how guys like that earn a living. If I purchase inventory I want to turn it. Gross margin is good but cash flow is crucial.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you think that guy’s crazy…..

1900 miles on the clock.
    So what it is still "Just" a Mustang.
    I would say the same about a Camaro

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That car has been on his lot since he opened. Actually most of his lot is his original inventory. I figured he must be asking a ton of money for them.

I can't figure out how guys like that earn a living. If I purchase inventory I want to turn it. Gross margin is good but cash flow is crucial.
    They get stuck on the big prize but most people are smart enough to smell a turd when it comes up.
    Watched to much reality car TV and Barret Jackson I guess.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This s10 chassis swap has been a favorite project of mine in my 15 years in this hobby/career. It was a dream of mine to do it and got lucky a customer was willing to go through with it.

I would actually love to build one for myself as a daily. ‘46 Chevy or a late 40’s early 50’s Studebaker or IH on an s10 chassis with a carbed 2.5l iron duke 4 banger and a 5 speed. I just think it would be a cool daily.
    Just catching up on this thread.

The Iron Duke. Haven't thought of that motor in a few decades. Take a 305 and cut it in half. Perfect.

But I can still hear it. It had a very unique um, oh, rattle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just catching up on this thread.

The Iron Duke. Haven't thought of that motor in a few decades. Take a 305 and cut it in half. Perfect.

But I can still hear it. It had a very unique um, oh, rattle.
    Those engines were killers in the Midgets. They ran against the Cosworths and a few other Hybrids of the mid 80's.
    There were some really unique modifications causing mayhem on the USAC tracks. 1 was a small block chevy head on an Iron duke block. Those were serious power makers. These engines pretty much ended the rule of the flat 4 AutoKraft designs.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Those engines were killers in the Midgets. They ran against the Cosworths and a few other Hybrids of the mid 80's.
    There were some really unique modifications causing mayhem on the USAC tracks. 1 was a small block chevy head on an Iron duke block. Those were serious power makers. These engines pretty much ended the rule of the flat 4 AutoKraft designs.
    A neighbor of mine had one in a boat. He stroked it to 3 liters I think, And I tell you what it was a real ripper. He may have even put a small block Chevy head on it as I remember that wasn't that hard to do.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Remember when I said, "this car is in great shape, I don't really wanna cut it up"?

Well... After trying to fit this monstrosity in the engine bay, I'm thinking it's gonna get tubes in the front half.

Everything is tac welded right now. Going to PRI tomorrow and Saturday. I'm hoping I can talk to some guys about products to make this project easier.

If anyone is going, I'll be hard to miss. Either wearing my purple camo jacket or have it strapped to my bag.

20211209_231921.jpg 20211209_232706.jpg

Attachments

• 20211209_231921.jpg
      20211209_231921.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 4

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Remember when I said, "this car is in great shape, I don't really wanna cut it up"?

Well... After trying to fit this monstrosity in the engine bay, I'm thinking it's gonna get tubes in the front half.

Everything is tac welded right now. Going to PRI tomorrow and Saturday. I'm hoping I can talk to some guys about products to make this project easier.

If anyone is going, I'll be hard to miss. Either wearing my purple camo jacket or have it strapped to my bag.

View attachment 170865 View attachment 170866
    Wow.
    The mad scientist at his best.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

View attachment 170865 View attachment 170866
    Seen it coming right off when you said you wanted to fit 2 turbos under the hood

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I am realizing through this thread that I am not a real "hot rodder". Sure I can take pretty much anything apart, rebuild/restore it and I can do a fair amount of modifications too.

But wholesale fabrication is out of my skill sets. My hat's off to you guys who do all this.

Back when I was knee deep into cars I did engine rebuilds with performance mods, rear end gears, shocks for weight distribution and wheels/tires and exhaust. Seems pretty simple compared to what today's rodder is doing. Especially when you bring laptops into the equation and boost.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I am realizing through this thread that I am not a real "hot rodder". Sure I can take pretty much anything apart, rebuild/restore it and I can do a fair amount of modifications too.

But wholesale fabrication is out of my skill sets. My hat's off to you guys who do all this.

Back when I was knee deep into cars I did engine rebuilds with performance mods, rear end gears, shocks for weight distribution and wheels/tires and exhaust. Seems pretty simple compared to what today's rodder is doing. Especially when you bring laptops into the equation and boost.
    I don't think what you did makes you any less of a rodder. The point is that you're taking the car and modifying it to go faster in one form or another, and you're not simply paying someone to do the work for you. Today's rodders just have a whole new set of parts and tools at their disposal.

I forgot that this bag doesn't have straps on it, so jacket is in the bag lol. If you're looking for me, look for the big guy with a bright blue shirt and long hair.

Top Bottom