• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don’t want to be insulting but that price is quite a stretch

If he did not put the door lock in the driver's door what else did he miss past the spacers on the gas tank mount straps being left loose. Can't tell if that's a 10 bolt either. For that money I expect top shelf.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    $16,900. People have lost their mind if they are paying that kind of money for an old chevy truck,lol.

And I don't think they are as that one has been there since at least early September.
    I don't know what kind of shape that one's in, but they sell for that price everyday now.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I don't know what kind of shape that one's in, but they sell for that price everyday now.

As much as I hate it and I think people have mostly lost their minds, the market is what it is. Buying a standard family sedan for $25k would’ve been looney tunes 30 years ago, that’s just normal life now. If we’re patient though, the used car market will come back down eventually.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If we’re patient though, the used car market will come back down eventually.
    Used vehicles going for more than new. New vehicles hard to come by without waiting. The market is crazy.

I'm not sure when the used car prices will come back down. I deal with several used car lots almost daily and the auction cars they buy are drying up. Everyone is fixing their cars right now, not trading them in.

I currently have 24 vehicles at my shop for transmission rebuilds. I'm telling people that I am currently 4-6 weeks behind and they still are willing to wait. Hell, quite a few have asked if they can put half the money down to lock them in for that 4-6 week timeframe.
    The auto industry is unlike anything I have ever seen before in my almost 30 years in the buisness

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That's what I hear. I will probably just have to accept that my opportunity to own another one may well be past.

I really thought the market would drop as the boomers got past wanting to have toys. I thought that older hot rods and muscle cars would have the bottom drop out. I think it may but it's still too early.

I'll keep looking for that needle in a haystack. You never know what will pop up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A coworker recently inherited several cars when his dad died; among them a 60 tbird and a 63 Karmann ghia. He was asking me their values so I did a quick look at Hagerty, the tbird came in around 11K and the Ghia around 28k. Personally I think the tbird is ugly AF and he'll be lucky to get that for it. On the other hand I honestly believe he'll get around 30k for the Ghia but the market is so stupid that you can't tell nowadays.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A coworker recently inherited several cars when his dad died; among them a 60 tbird and a 63 Karmann ghia. He was asking me their values so I did a quick look at Hagerty, the tbird came in around 11K and the Ghia around 28k. Personally I think the tbird is ugly AF and he'll be lucky to get that for it. On the other hand I honestly believe he'll get around 30k for the Ghia but the market is so stupid that you can't tell nowadays.
    The T-Bird sure did loose it’s way from the original concept.
    Had a 64 way the hell bck in the day I got in a trade. It was black with black guts. Cool car with some of the accessories it had. Loved the way the wheel articulated to let the driver out. The wind shield wipers ran off the power steering pump if memory serves. Some cool :poop:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Bwuhahahahahahahahahaha! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

This one caused ice tea spewage thru the nose!

For that kind of money it needs to be numbers matching, ORIGINAL and heavily documented. HELL! They didn't even bother to clean the floor mats for the picture!

Top Bottom