• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One of the firms...
    "Indiana Legal Services, the largest provider of free civil legal assistance in the state"

iu

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I heard Methodist hospital is short 250 nurses. we are short a ton as well. so beds get closed, patients wait longer, ER goes on diversion. Full ERs, and understaffed at that, means everyone waits longer and higher risk of adverse events.

Our response to this virus has destroyed our econony directly, and our work force indirectly.

These issues are going to take a long time to sort out. Twice as long with Biden and dems in charge prolonging it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They sued because they can't re-enter the workforce? :faint:

There are help wanted signs everywhere. If they can't find a job in this market, they don't want jobs. They want handouts.

I bet that judge is popular on facebook.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah… we got a kid here who doesn’t show up on time. Leaves because he’s mad. Doesn’t work the Saturday’s he’s scheduled. Doesn’t really work when he’s here and needs constant direction to keep him doing something. Cant fire him because we are already one short.

This is the first time in my 30 years of working that I could walk out of my current job and have another job the same day. Warehouses and factories are paying sign on bonuses and starting $50k salaries. It’s completely nuts. But people still want to whine about minimum wage being low? Who the hell is paying that? We can’t get people to even show up paying twice that PLUS commission.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah… we got a kid here who doesn’t show up on time. Leaves because he’s mad. Doesn’t work the Saturday’s he’s scheduled. Doesn’t really work when he’s here and needs constant direction to keep him doing something. Cant fire him because we are already one short.

This is the first time in my 30 years of working that I could walk out of my current job and have another job the same day. Warehouses and factories are paying sign on bonuses and starting $50k salaries. It’s completely nuts. But people still want to whine about minimum wage being low? Who the hell is paying that? We can’t get people to even show up paying twice that PLUS commission.
    And exactly how long before this shows up as a shortage in all of our wallets?

As if, it's not beginning to already? ...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I heard Methodist hospital is short 250 nurses. we are short a ton as well. so beds get closed, patients wait longer, ER goes on diversion. Full ERs, and understaffed at that, means everyone waits longer and higher risk of adverse events.

Our response to this virus has destroyed our econony directly, and our work force indirectly.

These issues are going to take a long time to sort out. Twice as long with Biden and dems in charge prolonging it.
    Off topic, but good to "see" you, Doc. Hope things are all good on your end.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just tried to order Domino's delivery. As soon as I placed the order (online), my phone rang - no delivery drivers, so I had to go pick it up. However, they did let me add an extra topping to one of the pizzas and threw in a 2 liter pop for my trouble. Sign outside the store for delivery drivers, and even offering a $1000 sign on bonus. They've had the sign for a LONG time, but I think the sign on bonus is a recent addition.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I mean... my wallet is full with all these hours and all the sales...
    Yes, that's understood. Good on you, but whatever biz you are in costs more to produce the end result.

It will be us as the consumer who ultimately will be paying for inefficiency.

We are all also just small players in the big picture. These costs compound as they build.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Went to Cracker Barrel this mid morning for breakfast. Waitress admitted it was her fourth day there and she was on her own so she didn't know the answers to the questions the spouse had for her.

She was attentive, helpful to other people working there, bussed her own table, and remembered the mustard I wanted.

She isn't collecting the extra money to sit home on her ass. We appreciate that, and tipped accordingly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0