The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    This seems like a small thing but it made my day. I came home early from work to cut the grass. As I was mowing the front yard a youn boy, maybe 7-8, came racing down the sidewalk on his small bike. He had a huge smile on his face and was really running full steam ahead. In the time it took me to finish the front he made at least three laps. He clearly was having a great time just riding and you could feel the pure joy.

I live just a couple blocks from where I grew up and rode the same route hundreds of times as a child. It was nice to see a free range kid having a blast just tooling around.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This seems like a small thing but it made my day. I came home early from work to cut the grass. As I was mowing the front yard a youn boy, maybe 7-8, came racing down the sidewalk on his small bike. He had a huge smile on his face and was really running full steam ahead. In the time it took me to finish the front he made at least three laps. He clearly was having a great time just riding and you could feel the pure joy.

I live just a couple blocks from where I grew up and rode the same route hundreds of times as a child. It was nice to see a free range kid having a blast just tooling around.
    And you'll never learn to pop a wheelie without skinning a knee! :rockwoot:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    We recently had to put our 10 1/2 year-old boxer down. My wife (who "wasnt a dog person") when I got the boxer was having a hard time dealing with the loss. She got a new friend this weekend. Meet Addie. Her mom was a boxer who was pregnant and in a kill shelter, a rescue found her and rescued her then she had her pups. Breed of the dad is unknown.

I just got my youngest child potty trained, now I have to work on a puppy lol.

1618890046583.png

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This weekend I got to spend it with racing friends. Also got to go out on track and play with new friends. For the record, the choice to ditch the tiburon and roll a Kia Rio was the right one.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I can actually relax a little more and spend time with the kids on the weekends and do my stuff during the week, but it does seem like my wife makes good use of the new chauffer service and the honey do list got a little longer

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Good news if a Jurassic Park scenario ever happens. New models show the T-Rex probably wasn't nearly as fast as originally thought.

Most of us could probably out run one.

Well not feel good and wholesome. Don't know about you, but I'm dino chow. Well I might be feel good and wholesome for the critter.

"Maximum running speed for a T. rex is thought to be in the range of 10 to 25 mph (16 to 40 km/h), according to Hutchinson."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well not feel good and wholesome. Don't know about you, but I'm dino chow. Well I might be feel good and wholesome for the critter.

"Maximum running speed for a T. rex is thought to be in the range of 10 to 25 mph (16 to 40 km/h), according to Hutchinson."

:laugh:

I read that at first as "maximum running speed for a 'T.Lex'"

Top Bottom