The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My wife and I attended the FRIENDS Experience in Chicago yesterday with a few of our friends. We're all huge fans of the show. Yeah. It was worth it.

View attachment 140101
    Maybe your next trip can be to Central Perk... which is in Bulgaria. :):
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...al_Perk_Plovdiv-Plovdiv_Plovdiv_Province.html

We found ourselves at the restaurant right next door, and it was a bit surreal to see how popular it was.

All throughout Bulgaria, we had a running joke: "Miami Vice is #1 new show!"

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Just returned from my week in Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, and Cody Wyoming.

Cannot recommend a day at the Cody farms museum more highly. Very well done and walks you through the development of firearms especially the American age. Lots of beautiful m1 garands, BARs, and other iconic American firearms.

And in the spirit of feel good, there's nothing like watching a mother bear with her two newborn cubs frolicking about the valley, playing and learning to survive.

PXL_20210512_192307888.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My son was part of a Lego challenge the past few months. He built a contraption to move a Lego ball from one side to the other. He designed and constructed his entry pretty much by himself. I helped him with a few small ideas and fixes. The rest was all him.

The *GREAT BALL CONTRAPTION challenge was today. Here is his contraption.

And he won the Most Creative trophy.

PXL_20210522_154644368.jpg

PXL_20210522_155802385.jpg

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Just got home from the shake down trip with the new camper. Nothing special, just Prairie Creek Park, Thursday thru Sunday. Met some nice dogs, and a few nice people. Cicadas are molting, ugh, but not singing yet (yay!). 3 trips back to town/home to get or pick up what was forgotten or overlooked. 2 out of our 3 dogs mostly enjoyed the stay, one just wanted to hang in the camper. Looking forward to the next trip!

Bigtanker, that was an awesome contraption!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Time for a bump. I came across this article today. I'm a big fan of Terminator 2 and thought this was pretty neat special effects tech.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sometimes I just want to visit a website that's pure distraction or wholesome fun, to take my mind off the craziness of the world. I've been having a hard time finding sites that haven't been infected by some type of political slant. Even websites like BoredPanda.com seem to have become politically biased.

So I figured I'd start a thread to post fun, feel-good stuff for people to scroll through to shut out the insanity for a while.

I don't know why, but lately I've been enjoying videos of dance routines in old movies and TV shows set and synced to more modern music. This is one of the best examples I've seen so far. The timing on this is amazing.

Enjoy.

That was well worth the watch.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I looked at the weather report Sunday evening and saw fall thumbing it's nose one last time at winter today and tomorrow so decided to play hooky and take advantage of the warmer temps. Even though I'm still working inside I'm not stuck in a basement with no windows so I still get to enjoy the sunny blue sky while it lasts!

Top Bottom