The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Iowa teen, 17, rescues 83-year-old man and his dog from their Jeep after it plunged off a road and through ice​

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Maybe I am skeptical of this one. 21 years in the navy...that means he is getting 50% of his naval salary. Why is he broke? Not saying someone who served should not have gotten tickets. This though seems...set up?

*edit

The High 36 retirement system is almost exactly the same as the Final Pay Retirement System above except that you compute retired pay using the average base pay for your three highest paid years (36 months), rather than final monthly base pay. You get 50% of your average highest 36 months base pay if you retire with 20 years of service or 100% if you retire after 40 years. Your three highest paid years are usually the last three years of active service, and in many pay grades you may have reached the maximum pay several years before you retire.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Iowa teen, 17, rescues 83-year-old man and his dog from their Jeep after it plunged off a road and through ice​

That kid did great! But that article doesn't even mention the other guy that also jumped in the water and pulled the old guy out the back of the Jeep and got him to the ice shelf.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Maybe I am skeptical of this one. 21 years in the navy...that means he is getting 50% of his naval salary. Why is he broke? Not saying someone who served should not have gotten tickets. This though seems...set up?

*edit to correct from 100% to 50%.
    It sure could be set up but he didn't say he was broke.
    He said he didn't have a dollar for the football which could be true. He just bought some superbowl food and could have used his credit card for that and didn't bring any cash with him. He also might not have wanted to buy a green football for a dollar, I don't think I would either and I might say I didn't have it. As far as not going to the superbowl because of finances that doesn't mean much either. It is very expensive to go to a superbowl. I went to superbowl XXXVIII and it does cost a lot - prices for everything are jacked up to the max.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you have so many tabs open that the tab labels don't show, it doesn't do any good.
    It works on mine. The "Playing" is on the second line of the label below the real label so it is like at the beginning of that line. I tried opening 40 tabs and my tab labels only get so narrow and then it makes you scroll. It only shows about 20 tabs and makes you scroll back and forth for the other 20. I have never needed to have that many open before.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It works on mine. The "Playing" is on the second line of the label below the real label so it is like at the beginning of that line. I tried opening 40 tabs and my tab labels only get so narrow and then it makes you scroll. It only shows about 20 tabs and makes you scroll back and forth for the other 20. I have never needed to have that many open before.
    Yeah. I just tried it. I'd have to scroll to pick out the tab that has two lines though. The screen is small enough that with 40 tabs, only the first two letters of the page title shows, and playing on the second line is just "Pl..." so it is still a challenge.

Imagine you're presenting in an online meeting with dozens of people, and one of those 40 tabs decides to randomly start playing a video. And you can't just close your browser because you're using the browser for the meeting. And you can't just hit the mute button on the laptop because it's a mac book pro with the gay ass touch bar, so I have to it the key to bring up the audio controls. It's probably just easier to sentence all page designers that put auto-play videos to death row.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom