The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good to hear these stories

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Just now checked... the GoFundMe, originally with a goal of $10k is now right at $250k.

Made my day!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just now checked... the GoFundMe, originally with a goal of $10k is now right at $250k.

Made my day!

Okay. Don't call me heartless. I feel sorry for the guy too. But.

People hear a good tear jerker and they'll keep donatating. Not that this guy didn't deserve the $10K goal. That would likely have made up the difference in rent the rest of his life. I mean he's 80. But people don't think about it practically. I'm not gonna donate to that one because he's probably good to go.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

People hear a good tear jerker and they'll keep donatating. Not that this guy didn't deserve the $10K goal. That would likely have made up the difference in rent the rest of his life. I mean he's 80. But people don't think about it practically. I'm not gonna donate to that one because he's probably good to go.
    Well, if there were no further rent increases at all, that $10K wold make up the $400 difference for just over 2 years (actually 25 months). Is that the rest of his life? Who knows, maybe, maybe not.
    With the current level of funding he is good for many, many years, much more than a reasonable life expectancy. He would probably run into more health problems than high rent. But he is as good to go as most people now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Somewhere between the 10k and 30k I would have found somebody else that needed it.
    But, I'm glad these kids found a problem, and then did something, instead of crying about it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This belongs here!
    :ingo:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    That was a fantastic video - thank you!

It took me a while to finish it but it was worth it.
    The design itself is what I would consider brilliant simplicity. Breaking down old ideas of how something should work and building a simpler system based on how it actually functions taking advantage of every part of that system to increase efficiency. It is superior to all designs before it. I have no doubt they will succeed unless politics or money interests(which they have plenty of as well) interfere.

You will like this one as well I think. It is an actual walk through of the facility doing this. It is also another out of the box type design.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The design itself is what I would consider brilliant simplicity. Breaking down old ideas of how something should work and building a simpler system based on how it actually functions taking advantage of every part of that system to increase efficiency. It is superior to all designs before it. I have no doubt they will succeed unless politics or money interests(which they have plenty of as well) interfere.

You will like this one as well I think. It is an actual walk through of the facility doing this. It is also another out of the box type design.

Kinda shows what can be done when government isn't involved. Or what NASA should have been.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I don't see how their 300 km/sec turns into a million mph or millions of km/hr. Simple math says it ain't so.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Actually... it works out to 1,080,000 km/hr.
    Right.
    The video says over a million miles per hour in one place
    and millions of kilometers per hour in another. (the millions is plural)

300 kilometers per second equals 671,081 miles per hour
    or 1,080,000 kilometers per hour.
    so neither statement above is true.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't see how their 300 km/sec turns into a million mph or millions of km/hr. Simple math says it ain't so.
    compression.

They have fired it hundreds of times already. The main reason was balancing the sides and impact point. I slight delay and it is off center,but it has worked to actually generate electricity. If they were able to fire it rapidly repeatedly we could call the problem solved. Things have been going sideways when they try. They are still working on it though.

Top Bottom