• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The history on that thing, built right in time to have been carried through two world wars. :bowdown:

Much as I would like to claim that history, some research and info from the previous owner points to the gun going from St. Louis, to El Paso, over the border into Mexico for a while, then back to El Paso. It picks up it's ivory in Mexico but amazingly kept it's period magazine.

This old campaigner from 1914 went to Mexico on the punitive expedition with a New York cavalry group. It then goes to France in 1918 and then back to New York and into a NG armory.

Attachments

• old campaigner.jpg
      old campaigner.jpg
      501.6 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Naw! Way over priced - pass it up! By the way, let me know his name and number and I will let him know for you that you are passing on it!:whistle:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Much as I would like to claim that history, some research and info from the previous owner points to the gun going from St. Louis, to El Paso, over the border into Mexico for a while, then back to El Paso. It picks up it's ivory in Mexico but amazingly kept it's period magazine.

This old campaigner from 1914 went to Mexico on the punitive expedition with a New York cavalry group. It then goes to France in 1918 and then back to New York and into a NG armory.

Another interesting piece!

How are you able to find so much information on particular items?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another interesting piece!

How are you able to find so much information on particular items?

I ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research on the internet. Sometimes there is nothing to work with, but the 1914 Colt had all sorts of stamps on the grip frame and it was just a matter of decoding them, then following the unit history.

We all like to think of the cavalry officer exchanging shots with Pancho Villa and his Colt Bisley that he carried, but most likely it set in somebody's holster or a supply officer's desk.

The 1916 commercial I got most of the back story from Colt and the seller. It was common for guns at this time period to go back and forth across the border.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research on the internet. Sometimes there is nothing to work with, but the 1914 Colt had all sorts of stamps on the grip frame and it was just a matter of decoding them, then following the unit history.

We all like to think of the cavalry officer exchanging shots with Pancho Villa and his Colt Bisley that he carried, but most likely it set in somebody's holster or a supply officer's desk.

Very interesting.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a 1915 Colt US Army 1911, it sits at the bottom of the safe, left side, and gets wiped down twice a years and lovingly held by me for about as long as that takes.
    If that's a crime, I am guilty.

Top Bottom