• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sorry, I the guys been busy, and just sent me a pic with serial number. If a govt model from 1959. Sorry I don’t have a full pic, I had just asked for the serial #z

View attachment 140427
    It's definitely a later model Colt Commercial, they moved the 'C' to the end of the serial number after 1950. It is from 1959, is that a polished blue or a shiny hard chrome, hard to tell from the picture?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's definitely a later model Colt Commercial, they moved the 'C' to the end of the serial number after 1950. It is from 1959, is that a polished blue or a shiny hard chrome, hard to tell from the picture?
    You tell me. I'm a 1911 noob, remember, lol?. My friend says it nickel (chrome?). Ive looked around and seen that some models picked up that finish after production. The internals weren't blued though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You tell me. I'm a 1911 noob, remember, lol?. My friend says it nickel (chrome?). Ive looked around and seen that some models picked up that finish after production. The internals weren't blued though.
    There were some factory high polished guns made but they are usually polished all the way around, this one has the round surfaces matte like a later after market shop would do.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There were some factory high polished guns made but they are usually polished all the way around, this one has the round surfaces matte like a later after market shop would do.
    It seems like that would hurt the value. Generally, isn’t that something purists would frown upon?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you are buying as a purist then you may need to shop around and add money.
    If you want a nice storied 1911 this is it for the money stated.
    No I want it. I just don’t want to look like a clown to other guys.... well, not anymore than I already am. Lol
    I mean it’s my first 1911. I don’t want it be like buying a Pony Mustang, which I almost did when I was younger until dad pulled rank.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No I want it. I just don’t want to look like a clown to other guys.... well, not anymore than I already am. Lol
    I mean it’s my first 1911. I don’t want it be like buying a Pony Mustang, which I almost did when I was younger until dad pulled rank.
    I know you did not ask, but this is INGO, so if I may why worry about it? From where I am sitting that’s a really nice as you put it First 1911!

What role is it going to fill? Hopefully one that brings you lots of time enjoying shooting it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Need a full multi anglee pic but from what I see you will be good to go.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know you did not ask, but this is INGO, so if I may why worry about it? From where I am sitting that’s a really nice as you put it First 1911!

What role is it going to fill? Hopefully one that brings you lots of time enjoying shooting it.
    Oh, I’m not really worried. I’ve shot 1911s before (and don’t tell CM), but the thing was just so damn easy to shoot, that I knew I’d eventually get one. I’m a bit of a snob for things that I buy for myself, because I do very very rarely. I thought my first 1911 would be a Kimber, and then my friend comes up to me and says “so I hear you like guns.” Honestly, short of being a Hi-Point, there’s probably nothing he couldn’t have sold me... I’d have even bought a Kel-tec

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, I’m not really worried. I’ve shot 1911s before (and don’t tell CM), but the thing was just so damn easy to shoot, that I knew I’d eventually get one. I’m a bit of a snob for things that I buy for myself, because I do very very rarely. I thought my first 1911 would be a Kimber, and then my friend comes up to me and says “so I hear you like guns.” Honestly, short of being a Hi-Point, there’s probably nothing he couldn’t have sold me... I’d have even bought a Kel-tec
    OK if it was a Kimber I would be all up in your Keister but this is a very nice way to start.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Katie bar the door who knows you might even get a High power.

Nothing wrong with appreciating quality, pretty sure the Mouse would fully endorse the acquisition.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Sorry, I the guys been busy, and just sent me a pic with serial number. If a govt model from 1959. Sorry I don’t have a full pic, I had just asked for the serial #z
    I think that guy is trying to take advantage according to the Colt web site that gun is way older than 1959.

1911.jpg

Edit - never mind that C makes a big difference:

1911a.jpg

I put in the # with -C and it came back "not found".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that guy is trying to take advantage according to the Colt web site that gun is way older than 1959.

View attachment 140467

Edit - never mind that C makes a big difference:

View attachment 140468

I put in the # with -C and it came back "not found".
    Now Im confused. The result, with the "C" seems to indicate "1959 Govt Model," based on your site snip. And I don't think the guy is trying to take advantage. He's an Asst Warden, he's got plenty of dough, and he makes me killer BBQ.

Top Bottom