• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Da' Judge

Despite the naysayers the Judge is a very practical gun for several jobs. My wife's Judge is chambered for the 2 1/2" .410. With #4 shot it's the perfect side arm for the rattlesnakes we occasionally encounter while on the prairie. Some of the ammo manufacturers have developed self defense loads specifically for the .410 handgun. They don't do that stuff if they think the gun is just a gimmick.

I've had a lot of fun shooting hand-tossed dove clays with it as well.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I guess I have to confess that I'm baffled by the appeal of this weapon.

+1. There's nothing quite like a 3" round that shoots an 85gr projectile, or multiple 70gr ones.

Back woods kind of guns. Think snake and animal defense.

If you ever need a snake defense gun it will be too late. IMHO there's no reason to shoot snakes. If a person is afraid of the snakes we have here in Indiana... :dunno: I can't help.

Neither are there any animals here that would warrant anything but a standard carry piece. The worst thing I can imagine is a rabid 'coon, 'possum, or coyote.

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Since when is it up to you to decide what pests we allow to live and propagate on privately owned property?

Whoah, there, no need to be so quick on the draw!

I think the person you respond to was probably just thinking about hiking out in the woods. In that case, some common sense will help reduce the likelihood of unpleasant human-animal interactions.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled program. Shooting comfort is important to me. It helps my accuracy, and the chances are when you really need to shoot, you're tired, unfocused, scared, etc. So I'm always a little skeptical about (relatively) big rounds in a (relatively) small package. The 28 ga. Raging Judge seems like an interesting idea, but I wonder whether I might have to sign up for wrist therapy if I shoot it a bit too much.

Da Bing

Top Bottom