• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orgcrsh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    IMAG0418.jpg

Well I "pulled the trigger" and purchased a Raging Judge Magnum today. I got the 3" barrel. I can not wait to get to the range and shoot it. It will be like shooting three different guns, .454 Casull, .45 Colt and the .410 GA.

Last edited:

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Well, at least it wasn't a total waste thanks to the .454 Casull chambering. Thats how they should have been from the beginning. I hated my regular 2.5" chamber Judge because it was just a weak gutless POS. Congrats on the new purchase!

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I guess I have to confess that I'm baffled by the appeal of this weapon. It just seems like the latest hand cannon that nobody can hold onto, with limited applications and limitless weight. Can somebody please help me understand the allure of these guns? What thing(s) do they do well that other, lighter, less front-heavy guns don't do?

Specialized

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, at least it wasn't a total waste thanks to the .454 Casull chambering. Thats how they should have been from the beginning. I hated my regular 2.5" chamber Judge because it was just a weak gutless POS. Congrats on the new purchase!

As long as it doesn't blow the barrel off, like the 500 raging bull.

I guess I have to confess that I'm baffled by the appeal of this weapon. It just seems like the latest hand cannon that nobody can hold onto, with limited applications and limitless weight. Can somebody please help me understand the allure of these guns? What thing(s) do they do well that other, lighter, less front-heavy guns don't do?

Specialized

Back woods kind of guns. Think snake and animal defense.

454 chambering makes it a little safer to put some hotter 45LC +P though it but I'd really be scared of trying a full house 454 in anything but a ruger or FA.

Orgcrsh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Took it out to the range today and had a blast!!! 454 is crazy but the 45LC was a great shot and very accurate at about 10yds. Lots of fun to shoot and I am ready to go back this week for some more fun!

chewmaize

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Weighs in at just over 3lbs. Took mine out to the farm when I first got it with about 6 friends. Fired a few 45's first. Loaded her up with 454 and........BOOM!!! The concussion alone will scare the sh** out of anyone not expecting it. Even those that expected it was amazed. Had a 5" spread at 15ft. with the 454's.

454puttna

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    martinsville
    I put the winchester PDXI 410 defender in mine, saw a nasty possum in my garage. Don't think this site wants me to go into details, but the results were better then the target loads and OO loads in the past, or maybe this possum had severe gas. I strongly recommend these rounds for the home protector, velocity 750.

Top Bottom