• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    We had a TSR-80 also. We had the tape recorder and upgraded to 18k I think. Or it might have been 16k. We used a tv but later on got an actual green and black monitor. I learned to read on that thing. We had all kinds of generic games. Chomper, Donkey King, Downland

Jason

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We had a TSR-80 also. We had the tape recorder and upgraded to 18k I think. Or it might have been 16k. We used a tv but later on got an actual green and black monitor. I learned to read on that thing. We had all kinds of generic games. Chomper, Donkey King, Downland

Jason

Still got mine in the attic. Of course, given the heat, the magnetic media is probably shot...

I did fire it up a year or two ago.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I used to type my reports for school on the CoCo. They had a word processor called "Color Scripsit" It was kind of weird because a page width required 2 TV screen widths so that when you would type to the middle of the page, it would flip to the blank other half of the page. Anyhoo, I never did learn to type correctly.

I used to print my reports on a tractor fed dot matrix printer called a "Gorilla Banana"

Gorilla_Banana_advert.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Got started programming on a Ti 99-4/a, which I believe was the first computer priced under $100.

Around that same time, I remember my dad bringing home from work a "portable" computer that was about the size of a suitcase. Memorized his Compuserve login. Racked up some time on it. Didn't realize it got billed by the minute or whatever. That was awkward.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Got started programming on a Ti 99-4/a, which I believe was the first computer priced under $100...

I had a TI-99/4A (pronounced TI dash 99 stroke 4A). Then I upgraded to the C-64 then a C128.

A friend and I used to share a dumb terminal and a 300 baud modem. The modem had a wooden box with a lid, when you heard the two cats fighting you put the phone in the wooden box and shut the lid.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When I went off to law school, my parents gave me the wonderful gift of an Acer PC which was then very good for a home user, 486 100 MHz, 500 MB hard driver, 14.4k modem running windows 3.1.

I'll tell you how long that computer lasted. I went straight from Windows 3.1 to Windows XP. Never used 95, 98 or ME.

Ah yes, the sound of the modem......it meant that crazy conspiracy theories were just minutes away....now I can get to them in milliseconds....progress.

Top Bottom