Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why can't these vloggers ever produce a video that is 5-10 minutes long? Sorry, but I'm not going to dedicate 45 minutes to an hour trying to get to their point. :dunno: They may very well have a good point, but I'll never see it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why can't these vloggers ever produce a video that is 5-10 minutes long? Sorry, but I'm not going to dedicate 45 minutes to an hour trying to get to their point. :dunno: They may very well have a good point, but I'll never see it.

you know you can skip through the video, right?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    you know you can skip through the video, right?

But how far? What are the salient points? Not a dig at you act. You didn't produce them and you're just trying to present the info. I'm just not patient enough I guess. :): It's like when people at work schedule 2 hour meetings that could be reduced to a 15 minute meeting or even an email. Get to the point, state it, and be done.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But how far? What are the salient points? Not a dig at you act. You didn't produce them and you're just trying to present the info. I'm just not patient enough I guess. :): It's like when people at work schedule 2 hour meetings that could be reduced to a 15 minute meeting or even an email. Get to the point, state it, and be done.

skip a couple minutes, listen, repeat as necessary.
    if you hear something you want to hear, go back a bit to catch the whole point

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Basically...
    (history) she was a leftist that started to question things. Attended a Trump rally. Started to question more things. And has come over to the dark side.
    Now the left hates her.

(present day) She went to stay at an inn. Wore a MAGA mask. hotel staff repeatedly yelled and threatened her.
    Eventually made up a story that she was running down the hall making noise and waking people up.
    Kicked her out of the hotel around midnightish, AFTER she had taken a sleeping pill.
    She had to make calls to get picked up, and find a place to stay.
    While doing so, she was told if she wasn't gone in 10 minutes, they'd have the sheriff arrest her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Basically...
    (history) she was a leftist that started to question things. Attended a Trump rally. Started to question more things. And has come over to the dark side.
    Now the left hates her.

(present day) She went to stay at an inn. Wore a MAGA mask. hotel staff repeatedly yelled and threatened her.
    Eventually made up a story that she was running down the hall making noise and waking people up.
    Kicked her out of the hotel around midnightish, AFTER she had taken a sleeping pill.
    She had to make calls to get picked up, and find a place to stay.
    While doing so, she was told if she wasn't gone in 10 minutes, they'd have the sheriff arrest her.

Thank you! I appreciate the cliff notes version act. I have the attention span of a gnat. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You can also speed up videos. I watch most of them at 1.5x speed.

I'll have to try that. I didn't know it was an option! So if I wanted to, I could listen to all these videos as if they were done by The Chipmunks! That would make a lot of stuff more tolerable. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The neighborhood ice cream truck jingle that probably all of us have heard growing up apparently has a racist history associated with it so it's gotta go.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-ice-cream-trucks-could-015232036.html

I for one have never associated the jingle with anything other than running out to the curb with other kids to get our fix of ice cream on a hot summer day when we heard it coming down the block.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

That's why I hate video as a replacement for print. You can skim text and pick out the important parts while the blogger is still telling you where to find the address to subscribe. I only need to see video if there is action like giant explosion in Beirut or A-10 killing jihadis etc

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's why I hate video as a replacement for print. You can skim text and pick out the important parts while the blogger is still telling you where to find the address to subscribe. I only need to see video if there is action like giant explosion in Beirut or A-10 killing jihadis etc
    Same here. I will skip video almost every time in favor of written word. If there is no written word, I often just skip it entirely.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Same here. I like when Act posts Tim Pool (he seems to be a classic liberal and will agree with much of what he says) but they are just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Same here. I like when Act posts Tim Pool (he seems to be a classic liberal and will agree with much of what he says) but they are just TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long.
    "I'll tell you what man"

I've found that if you only watch the first 3-4 minutes you'll get just about all you need from the video.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom