Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's an idea about how to fight against woke ideology. It's not my idea, it came from James Lindsey during a conversation with a woman who describes herself as "deprogrammed". The solution: don't fight it. Leave.

In your workplace, school/college/university, in your church, wherever you start hearing the buzzwords and language of insane social justice, when it has infected people to the extent that the purpose has now become purely anti-racist goals (by that I don't mean merely being not racist, but their definition) don't fight it. Leave. Leave the institution to fail on its own, which it probably will eventually after all the sane people are gone.

In the conversation James Lindsey was talking about the thousands of emails he's received since George Floyd's death. People talking about how work is now all about social justice. In one email a scientist wrote him and said his colleague told him that he doesn't see the point of working on projects when the real work should be anti-racism. They should just focus on that. Lindsey told him to leave and start up a company that competes with his former company and don't let any of that woke bull**** in. Eventually the "woke" company will not be able to compete. Well, non-compete agreements notwithstanding, the idea would work. It works in schools. Evergreen comes to mind. They've been bleeding enrollments since all that **** happened with Bret Weinstein leaving. Brain drain. If organizations lose all the sane people they can't survive. They'll either have to recognize the folly and correct it, or they can just ride that ideological ship all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

I just rewatched Divergent with my wife last night. Wokeness and the identity movement is a lot like that movie, at least the first movie. Later, they inject a drug that turns people into mindless drones, but divergent people aren't susceptible. I see people all around succumbing to the insanity, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people, for whatever reason, appear to be immune to it. And then the drones turn on us. Even our own friends and family, unless we pretend to be woke too.

In the movie, divergent people have the attributes of all the factions, not just one of the factions. I'm not saying a movie proves a theory. Just that it kinda explains the theory. Okay, so if there's anything to Jonathan Heidt's moral foundations theory, maybe the people who are most susceptible to indoctrination have only developed one or two moral foundations, where people who tend not to be susceptible have developed all or most. I think conservatives are pretty immune because they tend to have been raised with a keen sense of reciprocity fairness (you earn your way, personal responsibility, reap what you sow, etcetera).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Jamil, I like the idea, but it doesn't work in all sectors. Example: I can't start my own hospital to work in as a nurse. Is there an answer in the theory for that? Not being sarcastic, I want to know. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Here's an idea about how to fight against woke ideology. It's not my idea, it came from James Lindsey during a conversation with a woman who describes herself as "deprogrammed". The solution: don't fight it. Leave.

In your workplace, school/college/university, in your church, wherever you start hearing the buzzwords and language of insane social justice, when it has infected people to the extent that the purpose has now become purely anti-racist goals (by that I don't mean merely being not racist, but their definition) don't fight it. Leave. Leave the institution to fail on its own, which it probably will eventually after all the sane people are gone.

In the conversation James Lindsey was talking about the thousands of emails he's received since George Floyd's death. People talking about how work is now all about social justice. In one email a scientist wrote him and said his colleague told him that he doesn't see the point of working on projects when the real work should be anti-racism. They should just focus on that. Lindsey told him to leave and start up a company that competes with his former company and don't let any of that woke bull**** in. Eventually the "woke" company will not be able to compete. Well, non-compete agreements notwithstanding, the idea would work. It works in schools. Evergreen comes to mind. They've been bleeding enrollments since all that **** happened with Bret Weinstein leaving. Brain drain. If organizations lose all the sane people they can't survive. They'll either have to recognize the folly and correct it, or they can just ride that ideological ship all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

I just rewatched Divergent with my wife last night. Wokeness and the identity movement is a lot like that movie, at least the first movie. Later, they inject a drug that turns people into mindless drones, but divergent people aren't susceptible. I see people all around succumbing to the insanity, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people, for whatever reason, appear to be immune to it. And then the drones turn on us. Even our own friends and family, unless we pretend to be woke too.

In the movie, divergent people have the attributes of all the factions, not just one of the factions. I'm not saying a movie proves a theory. Just that it kinda explains the theory. Okay, so if there's anything to Jonathan Heidt's moral foundations theory, maybe the people who are most susceptible to indoctrination have only developed one or two moral foundations, where people who tend not to be susceptible have developed all or most. I think conservatives are pretty immune because they tend to have been raised with a keen sense of reciprocity fairness (you earn your way, personal responsibility, reap what you sow, etcetera).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jamil, I like the idea, but it doesn't work in all sectors. Example: I can't start my own hospital to work in as a nurse. Is there an answer in the theory for that? Not being sarcastic, I want to know. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Understood. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur. Not everyone is a leader. I should have said, *a* solution, not *the* solution.

I'm not gonna start my own company. But, if my employer went insane, and I'm not saying that's even gonna happen, but hypothetically, I'll probably start looking for a job with a company who's leaders are "divergent". Obviously not everyone will be in a position to change jobs especially during this covid hell. But to the extent people can start their own companies, change jobs, change churches, change schools, whatever, it will at least help defend some of this nonsense. As the saying goes, get woke, go broke. A broke woke society can't stay woke indefinitely.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

“I will put an end to this, once and for all.”
    ”How?”
    ”I will stop the motor of the world.”

Time to go John Galt on these woke b******s, and let them freeze or burn in the dark.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Blessings,
    Bill

There are a lot of doctors now that are starting up pay as you go clinics and prepaid health care plans. you might research that and maybe you could join forces with them to turn healthcare into what it used to be.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There are a lot of doctors now that are starting up pay as you go clinics and prepaid health care plans. you might research that and maybe you could join forces with them to turn healthcare into what it used to be.

My brother's clinic is subscription based. Health care insurance not accepted.

He's got people on a waiting list to get a membership.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I don't understand the degree to which woke has penetrated businesses, it just doesn't fit with trying to make a profit. I could maybe see it if the company was looking at woke people as a target market, but how much disposable income can these folks have.

It's looking more and more like a religion to me, intolerant, hysterical, and dogmatic. Reminds me of Thulsa Doom, or the old religious ways of the past.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I don't understand the degree to which woke has penetrated businesses, it just doesn't fit with trying to make a profit. I could maybe see it if the company was looking at woke people as a target market, but how much disposable income can these folks have.

It's looking more and more like a religion to me, intolerant, hysterical, and dogmatic. Reminds me of Thulsa Doom, or the old religious ways of the past.
    As I have said elsewhere, today’s “woke” ideology is primarily a protection racket, the likes of which Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Jesse Jackson, or Al Sharpton could have only dreamed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think more independent clinics like that would be a lot better than the conglomerate jug**** our health care system has turned into. I hope they succeed, and beyond that I hope they turn out to be an alternative to working in woke healthcare if it comes to that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I walked into an Emergency Care, the other day, and the sign read co-pays up front. The first question was about insurance. "I don't have insurance". "that will be $100 co-pay". I handed the receptionist a Hundred dollars, the doctor saw mu son, i thanked the doctor and we walked out the door with the medication in hand.

I was totally pleased with the service.

I had a doctor tell me, when I took my son in for ingrown toe nails and I did a cash transaction, that the thing that ruined health care was when they took the cash register out of the doctors office.

BTW on that occasion he told me that the Blues paid $300 and Medicaid paid $150 and he charged me $150, and he didn't have to wait 6 months to a year for Medicaid to pay up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's all those things. To hear some people who know a lot more about it than I do, it seems that a lot of people are just susceptible to this ****. Most people want to be moral. They think they are moral. But it's actually hard to live up to one's own moral standards. It's much easier to be seen looking like you are moral superficially. You hear the message and it's really appealing to a lot of people. It does have a lot in common with religion. There are some sincere religious people. People who live their faith, with genuine piety. And they live it in their lives. I've encountered those kinds of people I would say are genuine.

But then there are also some self-righteous people, faking piety, pretending on a level that's the line of consciousness. So they think they're living up to their morals. Woke people appear to me to have that same kind of fake piety. The need to signal their righteousness and piety to others. CEO's are people too. The sum of their lives isn't all money. So it's not ALWAYS follow the money. I think a more universal statement would be "follow the value", because people chase what they value. Money is just tops on a lot of people's lists. Even CEOs have much to gain personally signaling their virtue.

Why do businesses chase insane social justice? Why do people throw good money at TV evangelists? Why is prosperity theology so popular? I think it's related. It's easier just to pay off Jesus than it is to be the Christian described in Matthew 25:35-40. It's easier to virtue signal your morality of wokeness than to act out the life of a good person. It's different inputs running through the same firmware, and you get similar outcomes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I walked into an Emergency Care, the other day, and the sign read co-pays up front. The first question was about insurance. "I don't have insurance". "that will be $100 co-pay". I handed the receptionist a Hundred dollars, the doctor saw mu son, i thanked the doctor and we walked out the door with the medication in hand.

I was totally pleased with the service.

I had a doctor tell me, when I took my son in for ingrown toe nails and I did a cash transaction, that the thing that ruined health care was when they took the cash register out of the doctors office.

BTW on that occasion he told me that the Blues paid $300 and Medicaid paid $150 and he charged me $150, and he didn't have to wait 6 months to a year for Medicaid to pay up.

I've been saying that for years. We've taken consumer decisions out of the market. We don't have a real market based health care system. We have a crony healthcare system which is designed to extract the most money possible from the most people it can. Get people dependent on meds and keep them coming back regularly for more. Make every process involve the most people who need to get paid. My solution would be to sever the connection between providers and insurance. You file the claim. You get the money. you pay the provider out of that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What actually ruined it was Government capping CEO and top officers pay. That lead to perks that were not price controlled to attract talent.
    • Housing
    • Cars
    • Vacation time
    • HEALTH INSURANCE

Prior to that health insurance was almost unheard of. Then Unions put it on the table for their workers. Soon healthcare began to rise and insurance companies started to offer it to their clients. Medicare and Medicaid were instituted to help the elderly and indigent.

That is when the cash registers disappeared.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom