HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How do you know how it works then?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

It sounds like they're pretty sure the vaccine will prevent people from getting sick. It does not sound like they're sure that it will prevent them from being asymptomatic spreaders. It's unsure enough that Faucci talked about it. And not just him.

Because this virus acts like a virus?

I say again. Name one that where vaccinated person can be an asymptomatic spreader.

If I had to guess, they are giving themselves cover to keep restrictions in place for all as more and more people get vaccinated.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I say again. Name one that where vaccinated person can be an asymptomatic spreader.

If I had to guess, they are giving themselves cover to keep restrictions in place for all as more and more people get vaccinated.

How much do you actually know about the vaccine? Even the experts claim they don't know. This is new territory. Lots of things about covid isn't like other viruses. And there's a lot even experts don't know about mRNA based vaccines. So I think the question you keep asking isn't all that relevant here. And I hate biology. Avoided it in college. So I don't know a lot about viruses. But if I'm gonna pick one, it's probably the flu. You can be vaccinated for the flu, and then get the flu. There are reasons for that that aren't all that relevant to covid though.

The article I posted said that the trials did prove the vaccine was really good at preventing illness, but that's not the same thing as saying it prevents infection and transmission. That part is unclear.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19. That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus — especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks.

I could put on my tin foil hat and just claim this is a ruse to keep people wearing masks and justify continued shutdowns. But that's not how we should decide what to believe about stuff.

Who knows? Maybe Fauci and the others are hedging. But name another vaccine where people hedged like that. But if they're hedging, maybe it's because mRNA vaccines are new and there is a lot they don't know. I'm not claiming to know. I'm saying it doesn't sound to me like it's settled.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/293154

Q. Why be vaccinated, if the vaccine does not completely prevent contagion?

Answer: Vaccines are not administered to completely prevent contagion, because that is impossible unless a person is in an enclosed space cut off from the world That is why it must be made clear that even after vaccination, viruses may continue to infect those who are vaccinated if they are exposed to them, but with one major difference – someone who has been vaccinated will have an initial light and possibly unnoticed case, while his immune system will react immediately and powerfully, preventing the development of complications, because it has already practiced doing so due to the administration of the vaccine. It is comparable to an elite army unit practicing before it meets the enemy!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    How do you know how it works then?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

It sounds like they're pretty sure the vaccine will prevent people from getting sick. It does not sound like they're sure that it will prevent them from being asymptomatic spreaders. It's unsure enough that Faucci talked about it. And not just him.

Ponder and answer this with all best medical knowledge you have ascertained that allowed a PhD to be bestowed upon you.:):
    So if the vaccine will prevent someone from getting sick, then how could they become asymptomatic???

After all you have to be asymptomatic to spread it, that would mean the vaccine is worthless and not effective.:n00b::scratch::runaway::nailbite:waaa2

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

[ETA]

So is it possible that a vaccinated person could breath out virus? Sure, but a high likelihood of infection requires a certain viral load. Studies are showing that this viral load is unlikely to exist in asymptomatic cases (possible, but not likely) now without a vaccine. With a vaccine, that is even less likely because of the immediate immune response when the virus is present, something that takes more time in a person without the antibodies, T-cells and B-cells.

So, it it theoretically possible that someone who is properly vaccinated could be the vector to an infraction? I guess, but the real question is: “what is the likelihood”? The likelihood is very low. Eradication of the COVID virus wold be great, but not really the goal. A low enough transmission rate that it urns into just another virus that some people sometimes get is the goal.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but how many viruses can you name where an unvaccinated person can be an asymptomatic spreader? I can name a few where symptomatic vaccinated people can be a spreader, measles, whooping cough, and rotovirus.

And I've only seen a couple of studies with viral load in asymptomatic people, they seems to indicate it's about as high as symptomatic people. Although at least one of them seemed to indicate a shorter window of viral shedding in asymptomatic people. But asymptomatic people may or may not be less likely to spread it for other reasons. One being they are less likely to be coughing and sneezing and therefor spewing out less of it, on the opposite side people who are symptomatic are more likely to quarantine...

Links to the studies.
    https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851
    https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1693/5952826

Ponder and answer this with all best medical knowledge you have ascertained that allowed a PhD to be bestowed upon you.:):
    So if the vaccine will prevent someone from getting sick, then how could they become asymptomatic???

After all you have to be asymptomatic to spread it, that would mean the vaccine is worthless and not effective.:n00b::scratch::runaway::nailbite:waaa2

I believe he means by sick as being symptomatic, if you're asymptomatic you're not really sick just a carrier.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don’t know **** about biology. I avoided it in college. I couldn’t be any more disinterested in biology. People with PhD’s and MD’s are saying this. I’m just trying to make sense of it in determining what’s real and what’s not. I don’t doubt that the vaccine is as effective at preventing people from becoming sick as they’re claiming. What they’re claiming is that if you take the vaccine, not withstanding some risk from the vaccine itself, you will significantly reduce the risk of becoming seriously ill if you are infected. What they’re not claiming, and it seems to me they’re going out of their way to make the point, the extent to which it prevents transmission.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not trying to be a smart ass, but how many viruses can you name where an unvaccinated person can be an asymptomatic spreader? I can name a few where symptomatic vaccinated people can be a spreader, measles, whooping cough, and rotovirus.

And I've only seen a couple of studies with viral load in asymptomatic people, they seems to indicate it's about as high as symptomatic people. Although at least one of them seemed to indicate a shorter window of viral shedding in asymptomatic people. But asymptomatic people may or may not be less likely to spread it for other reasons. One being they are less likely to be coughing and sneezing and therefor spewing out less of it, on the opposite side people who are symptomatic are more likely to quarantine...

Links to the studies.
    https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4851
    https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1693/5952826

I believe he means by sick as being symptomatic, if you're asymptomatic you're not really sick just a carrier.
    Well said. Though pertussis is from bacteria, same concept. Flu is another virus where vaccinated people can spread it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

[ETA]

So is it possible that a vaccinated person could breath out virus? Sure, but a high likelihood of infection requires a certain viral load. Studies are showing that this viral load is unlikely to exist in asymptomatic cases (possible, but not likely) now without a vaccine. With a vaccine, that is even less likely because of the immediate immune response when the virus is present, something that takes more time in a person without the antibodies, T-cells and B-cells.

So, it it theoretically possible that someone who is properly vaccinated could be the vector to an infraction? I guess, but the real question is: “what is the likelihood”? The likelihood is very low. Eradication of the COVID virus wold be great, but not really the goal. A low enough transmission rate that it urns into just another virus that some people sometimes get is the goal.

Just to address the edit, months ago someone kept insisting that asymptomatic people can't infect other people because the viral load wouldn't be sufficient. I posted a study which demonstrated that the viral load in asymptomatic and presymptomatic people can indeed be enough to infect people. I mean, it's the whole reason everyone has to wear masks. Because infected, but asymptomatic/presymptomatic people, don't know they're spreading it. But, maybe subsequent research has reached a different conclusion.

I think that, and this is just instinctive, the vaccine will probably reduce the effective R0, who knows to what extent. Maybe to the point where the virus just burns out? Or not. Regardless, I don't it does not sound to me like the experts are as confident as you are that vaccinated people won't spread it. They seem to be standing with their fingers crossed, while you're standing with your arms folded. I hope your confidence is justified. Would be great to just end this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While you all try to parse this, has it occurred to anyone that the people of influence don't really give a damn so long as there is no definitive solution that would deprive them of a tool that allows them to get away with abuses of our rights that should have them swinging from ropes?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just to address the edit, months ago someone kept insisting that asymptomatic people can't infect other people because the viral load wouldn't be sufficient. I posted a study which demonstrated that the viral load in asymptomatic and presymptomatic people can indeed be enough to infect people. I mean, it's the whole reason everyone has to wear masks. Because infected, but asymptomatic/presymptomatic people, don't know they're spreading it. But, maybe subsequent research has reached a different conclusion.

I think that, and this is just instinctive, the vaccine will probably reduce the effective R0, who knows to what extent. Maybe to the point where the virus just burns out? Or not. Regardless, I don't it does not sound to me like the experts are as confident as you are that vaccinated people won't spread it. They seem to be standing with their fingers crossed, while you're standing with your arms folded. I hope your confidence is justified. Would be great to just end this.

About asymptomatic spread, you can believe the WHO on 7 June 2020:

On June 7, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of the WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, told a press conference that from the known research, asymptomatic spread was “very rare.” “From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual.” She added for emphasis: “It’s very rare.”

Or you can believe the other WHO from two days later on 9 June 2020:

On the other side, there was the predictably pro-lockdown mainstream media which decried her heresy. The cry was so loud that the WHO immediately started walking back the claim, mostly with hints and suggestions that didn’t say untrue things but did not repudiate the initial claim either: “There is much to be answered on this. There is much that is unknown. It’s clear that both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals are part of the transmission cycle. The question is what is the relative contribution of each group to the overall number of cases.”

Or you can believe the Chinese on 20 November 2020:

But as with most of the “science” throughout this ordeal, it eventually came to be revealed that good sense and rationality would prevail over implausible claims and predictions that led to experiments in social control without any precedent.

In this case, the carrier of rationality is a gigantic study conducted in Wuhan, China, of 10 million people. The article appears in Nature, published November 20, 2020.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w
    Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China

The conclusion is not that asymptomatic spread is rare or that the science is uncertain. The study revealed something that hardly ever happens in these kinds of studies. There was not one documented case. Forget rare. Forget even Fauci’s previous suggestion that asymptomatic transmission exists but not does drive the spread. Replace all that with: never. At least not in this study for 10,000,000.

Quote from the study:

Stringent COVID-19 control measures were imposed in Wuhan between January 23 and April 8, 2020. Estimates of the prevalence of infection following the release of restrictions could inform post-lockdown pandemic management. Here, we describe a city-wide SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening programme between May 14 and June 1, 2020 in Wuhan. All city residents aged six years or older were eligible and 9,899,828 (92.9%) participated. No new symptomatic cases and 300 asymptomatic cases (detection rate 0.303/10,000, 95% CI 0.270–0.339/10,000) were identified. There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases. 107 of 34,424 previously recovered COVID-19 patients tested positive again (re-positive rate 0.31%, 95% CI 0.423–0.574%). The prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan was therefore very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown.

Asymptomatic spread appears to be just another episode of our Covid Truman Show

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Quote from the study:

Again, they are going to say whatever they need to at a given moment to continue the power grab gravy train. It leads a person to suppose that the permanent cure may be lead.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Quote from the study:

Sheepdog will be furiously looking for counters to these arguments lol.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    While you all try to parse this, has it occurred to anyone that the people of influence don't really give a damn so long as there is no definitive solution that would deprive them of a tool that allows them to get away with abuses of our rights that should have them swinging from ropes?

Exactly! At this point, even if they knew it was no more deadly than the common cold they would still give the perception of danger so they can continue their tyranny. COVID will never go away, even after the vaccine. They have discovered how much control they have by using fear, and the sheep gladly follow.

COVID started with an attempt to rig an election. They didn’t imagine so many would obey, it went so well that they’ll never go back at this point. Remember all the “to slow the spread” “warm weather will kill it” “antibodies” and other bs. Funny how now none of that works, and we need to shut down again, cancel holidays with family, and close your business so your livelihood is destroyed and you now have to depend on government.

Id rather die than depend on gov for anything.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone read that article then see the picture of "Mr. Galligan", and say, "hol up!"?

The sad thing is that kids don't realize that they're making records of their childhood stupid that will later haunt them (in this case three years later). It sounds like the girl in question used "the N word" is a colloquial manner and not a as a slur, and the boy in question is doing everything he can to destroy anyone else for not being woke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom