• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Six month mark and my knee still hurts. The other one is starting to build up pain, too. Not seeing any weight lost anymore, just holding what I've got. Suppose I've adapted to lower calories and just haven't been able to hammer out that daily calorie burn anymore. I can still run, and do a few times a week, but it's still half of what I used to do.

I'm harvesting some exercises from KneesOverToesGuy and putting them into the 3x/wk gym routine. He really likes backwards pulls on a weighted sled and I have one of those at my gym, so I'll be doing that now. I'll add a front step in addition to my regular lateral step, which is the exercise that has given the most consistent pain gauge. Probably also do some split squats and/or a tib raise, depending on time. Walking backwards is supposedly helpful, I may mark out ten minutes on my lunchtime walk to do that a few times a week. My upper legs have bulked up from the knee and hip machines but I'm just not seeing it in pain reduction beyond what I'd achieved by early March. Super frustrating, I did the sled pull yesterday and was getting a bolt of pain up my good knee every time I punched the clutch on the way to work this morning.

Or, maybe it wasn't the sled work. Maybe it was sprinting with 40 pounds of belt, PC, helmet, and guns on Sunday. :laugh:

Cycling is still pretty comfortable, though, if the damn temperatures would get over 60 and freakin stay there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Tuesday was a couple ounces over 176#

Yesterday I went for a colonoscopy. If anyone wants to know, there is roughly 3.5# of partially digested food in you at any moment. The deep clean from the industrial strength laxative gets rid of that pretty quickly (and violently).

This was my 4th visit to be anally probed because I'm high risk and honestly I was semi-terrified of this visit. Each prior trip they found pre-cancerous polyps, I have risk factors/family history for colon cancer. And I've had recent health issues, medication failures, etc and figured that there might be something seriously wrong. Turns out that I got an ALL CLEAR (in more than 1 way) from the doctor.

This morning I'm back up to 175.0#, but that includes a 9 White Castle Cheesburgers that I pounded down after the procedure and the mandatory 36 hour clear liquid fasting required by the doctor.

bluemist

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    Midwest
    Evening All! Figured I'd jump into the thread! I've started reading from the beginning of the thread and I feel the motivation to participate since I'm trying drop a decent chunk of weight. I really admire that there are quite a few of you that have stuck around since the thread got started in 2016 which embodies exactly what I've had a difficulty with regarding weight loss -- commitment to a lifestyle change.

Here is my situation - I'm about 6'0 and think of myself as "big-boned". Broad shoulders and big legs by default. I came from the factory that way. I'm in my 20s and have always had a tough relationship with food and my weight. Not to the point of morbid obesity, but enough to make me (and my doctor) uncomfortable. Here's a summary:

---> High school graduation - 240 lbs. Way too big and self-conscious.
    ---> start college (240 lbs.)
    ---> desire female companionship so I try to get in shape
    ---> sophmore year - down to ~220 lbs. (no luck)
    ---> junior - discovery of magic pharmaceutical stimulant that shall remain nameless (+ some diet/exercise) - success! 185 lbs.
    ---> end of junior year - get girlfriend
    ---> senior year - stay consistent 185-190 lbs.
    ---> quit stimulant
    ---> move to Indy with girlfriend + sedentary job + some family health problems - back to old habits and weight gain creeps back
    ---> fast forward to February 2023 (275 lbs. at the doctor)

With all that said my aim is to make a permanent lifestyle change and stay healthy without any pharmaceutical intervention. I know I can do it. I'm not special. My body works similarly to anyone else - I don't need to use any outlandish intervention to keep the weight off.

To put a bow on this - I've had success recently after changing several of my behaviors. I'm down from 275 lbs. to 248.8 lbs. as of this morning. I think that I lack accountability and a group of like-minded people to share my successes/failures with which is what brings me here.

Looking forward to being apart of the group!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Evening All! Figured I'd jump into the thread! I've started reading from the beginning of the thread and I feel the motivation to participate since I'm trying drop a decent chunk of weight. I really admire that there are quite a few of you that have stuck around since the thread got started in 2016 which embodies exactly what I've had a difficulty with regarding weight loss -- commitment to a lifestyle change.

Here is my situation - I'm about 6'0 and think of myself as "big-boned". Broad shoulders and big legs by default. I came from the factory that way. I'm in my 20s and have always had a tough relationship with food and my weight. Not to the point of morbid obesity, but enough to make me (and my doctor) uncomfortable. Here's a summary:

---> High school graduation - 240 lbs. Way too big and self-conscious.
    ---> start college (240 lbs.)
    ---> desire female companionship so I try to get in shape
    ---> sophmore year - down to ~220 lbs. (no luck)
    ---> junior - discovery of magic pharmaceutical stimulant that shall remain nameless (+ some diet/exercise) - success! 185 lbs.
    ---> end of junior year - get girlfriend
    ---> senior year - stay consistent 185-190 lbs.
    ---> quit stimulant
    ---> move to Indy with girlfriend + sedentary job + some family health problems - back to old habits and weight gain creeps back
    ---> fast forward to February 2023 (275 lbs. at the doctor)

With all that said my aim is to make a permanent lifestyle change and stay healthy without any pharmaceutical intervention. I know I can do it. I'm not special. My body works similarly to anyone else - I don't need to use any outlandish intervention to keep the weight off.

To put a bow on this - I've had success recently after changing several of my behaviors. I'm down from 275 lbs. to 248.8 lbs. as of this morning. I think that I lack accountability and a group of like-minded people to share my successes/failures with which is what brings me here.

Looking forward to being apart of the group!
    Sounds like we are built about the same! I’ve been struggling to get out of the 230’s forever, I really want to get down to 210 but it seems like my willpower likes where I’m at :wallbash:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Just wondering what everyones work out schedule is? Do you do twice a day? Or just once?
    When I’m not slacking off it was normally lifting weights 3-4x a week, and hiking at least one day a week. The last few weeks joint pain has put a serious damper on things.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    When I was actively losing weight I was 1 per day religiously, but often did 2x a day.

Now that I'm holding at my goal range of 173 to 177 I am down to about 2 or 3 times a week and they are less rigorous.
    Have found that twice a day helps keep my stress level down. Thinking there may be other benefits as well.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Muscle gain?
    I'm not going backwards, and I might make a slight gain occassionally, but that's ok. I'm not shooting for gains at the moment, and my eating/nutrition doesn't support big gains right now. I'm more focused on weight reduction and reshaping my body. If I can ever get where I'm satisfied, I can then start eating and training for mass.

bluemist

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    Midwest
    Question for all of you: do you keep track of your sodium for the entire day? Do you go even further and track your sodium around the time you go to bed (let's say three hours prior)?

Last week I dropped about three pounds down to 245 and now I'm back up to 248.7 this morning. Only difference is that yesterday despite being in a deficit I had a carb heavy meal about 4 hours before bed. Would it be mostly water weight?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Question for all of you: do you keep track of your sodium for the entire day? Do you go even further and track your sodium around the time you go to bed (let's say three hours prior)?

Last week I dropped about three pounds down to 245 and now I'm back up to 248.7 this morning. Only difference is that yesterday despite being in a deficit I had a carb heavy meal about 4 hours before bed. Would it be mostly water weight?
    Definitely water. It takes about 3500 calories to add a pound so if you were in a deficit I’d say that’s more than likely water. I added 6 pounds after our little family get together and I sampled one sister’s homemade mashed potatoes and she other sisters homemade chocolate chip cookies :drool:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm on day three of my second 72 hour prolonged fast. I'm hungry, but it feels like I had dinner last night and no breakfast yet. It really isn't that bad. Once I get up and start really moving it will probably get a little better.

I will say that I have my pans for what I'm eating tonight already out and my calories already calculated. I'm ready to chow down.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well you guys talked me into it, I start a three day fast starting tomorrow morning, or I guess after dinner tonight. I do have a question though, trident gum? Is that acceptable during a fast?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well you guys talked me into it, I start a three day fast starting tomorrow morning, or I guess after dinner tonight. I do have a question though, trident gum? Is that acceptable during a fast?
    Sorry to say this, but no gum during a fast. Gum has calories, and anything with calories breaks a fast. I only do water during my prolonged fasts.

Good luck to you, Frosty. It's challenging, but not as bad as you expect.

Top Bottom