• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Sorry to say this, but no gum during a fast. Gum has calories, and anything with calories breaks a fast. I only do water during my prolonged fasts.

Good luck to you, Frosty. It's challenging, but not as bad as you expect.

:( Fine! No gum! I did drink coffee this morning, just black, like normal. It wouldn’t be worth it if I can’t have my coffee!!!

So 16 hours in and I don’t feel terrible, definitely feel a little weak and feel a bit of brain fog, but not bad. I definitely didn’t feel like I was starving, well, until my brain said “oh lunch time!” Now I feel like I’m starving…

So any recommendations on what to eat to break the fast? I was thinking a couple scrambled eggs, or something like that.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    :( Fine! No gum! I did drink coffee this morning, just black, like normal. It wouldn’t be worth it if I can’t have my coffee!!!

So 16 hours in and I don’t feel terrible, definitely feel a little weak and feel a bit of brain fog, but not bad. I definitely didn’t feel like I was starving, well, until my brain said “oh lunch time!” Now I feel like I’m starving…

So any recommendations on what to eat to break the fast? I was thinking a couple scrambled eggs, or something like that.

Black coffee is fine, just don’t add anything to it.

If your experience is anything like mine, your hunger will start to subside later this afternoon. Tomorrow, get ready for a boost of energy as your body’s starts cranking out HGH. Also, you’ll feel more focused than you have in a long while.

The downside, I got cold, especially my feet, and I had to urinate a lot because I upped my water intake, plus the kidneys are working hard processing all the crap your body is eating up.

As for breaking the fast, I do a cup of bone broth before any solid food.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    It all starts with diet and exercise, start with a evening walk, the better you feel the faster and longer. Start cooking with ground turkey breast, it taste like **** so you will not want much dinner and its only like 3 grams of fat.

Breakfast is a apple for some sugar and pickup, orange is for lunch, a rice cake if you are just dead, and that nasty turkey breast to make chili or tacos for dinner, fat free shells, sour cream, and cheese are a given.

Dieting flat sucks, the first two three weeks are the worst, after that it is easy peasy. Have fun with it but take it seriously, mind over matter, own this ****!!!

Tons of great meals you can research, you can do lots of food prep and working out on the weekends so no excuses during the week.
    I agree - and disagree. I try to walk 30 minutes in the morning (with dogs if possible). That and I eat within a 6 hour window (10 - 4) and fast for 18. Staying away from breads, sugars, etc. Love my diet coke so switched to "Zevia". I've been losing 3. - 5. lbs a day. And yes, I occasionally "cheat". :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oye. Coffee on an empty stomach. I hope that doesn’t give you heartburn like it does me. Coffee always after a meal.

I think I would definitely go for the scrambled eggs. Nutrient dense. Easy on the stomach.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So any recommendations on what to eat to break the fast?

Bone broth.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Oye. Coffee on an empty stomach. I hope that doesn’t give you heartburn like it does me. Coffee always after a meal.

I think I would definitely go for the scrambled eggs. Nutrient dense. Easy on the stomach.
    No problem with the coffee as long as I don’t get carried away… which I’ve been known to do :puke:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Black coffee is fine, just don’t add anything to it.

If your experience is anything like mine, your hunger will start to subside later this afternoon. Tomorrow, get ready for a boost of energy as your body’s starts cranking out HGH. Also, you’ll feel more focused than you have in a long while.

The downside, I got cold, especially my feet, and I had to urinate a lot because I upped my water intake, plus the kidneys are working hard processing all the crap your body is eating up.

As for breaking the fast, I do a cup of bone broth before any solid food.
    I’m 15 minutes away from 24 hours and I would kill my mother for a freaking banana! However, I was good until my brain said it was lunch time, but the hunger this afternoon has been real! I went hiking with my boy after work, that probably didn’t do the hunger any favors!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No problem with the coffee as long as I don’t get carried away… which I’ve been known to do :puke:

Don't lose track of drinking water. Don't replace water with coffee. Have a water back with your coffee.

You'll end up dehydrated, if not carefull, which will cause cramping and such.

Especially this time if year, it's tough to adapt to hydrating when seemingly not thirsty.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Don't lose track of drinking water. Don't replace water with coffee. Have a water back with your coffee.

You'll end up dehydrated, if not carefull, which will cause cramping and such.

Especially this time if year, it's tough to adapt to hydrating when seemingly not thirsty.
    I’ve probably had 12-15 bottles today :lmfao: Feeling good and flushed!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well I’m sad to say I’ve found my limits, and that limit is 30 hours! I got up to pee, and I was fairly certain at that moment standing was the most dangerous thing I could do. It got pretty unpleasant and I decided to stop now and broke the fast. My deepest respect to you guys that can do it, it’s definitely tough! I can at least say I didn’t cave to the hunger.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well I’m sad to say I’ve found my limits, and that limit is 30 hours! I got up to pee, and I was fairly certain at that moment standing was the most dangerous thing I could do. It got pretty unpleasant and I decided to stop now and broke the fast. My deepest respect to you guys that can do it, it’s definitely tough! I can at least say I didn’t cave to the hunger.

Respect for you for the attempt. Perhaps shooting for a 72 fast was too lofty a goal right out of the gate. Maybe working your way up would be a better approach. That's what I did. I started intermittent fasting with an eight hour eating window. I slowly started shrinking that window every week until I was at one meal a day. After my body got used to that, I swung for the fences and did the prolonged fasting. Good luck with whatever direction you choose to go.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Respect for you for the attempt. Perhaps shooting for a 72 fast was too lofty a goal right out of the gate. Maybe working your way up would be a better approach. That's what I did. I started intermittent fasting with an eight hour eating window. I slowly started shrinking that window every week until I was at one meal a day. After my body got used to that, I swung for the fences and did the prolonged fasting. Good luck with whatever direction you choose to go.
    The wife thinks I’m hypoglycemic… I think my body was pissed because I didn’t feed it :lmfao: Regardless, I appreciate the support and may try to work in more 24 hour fasts, then try to go Longer if possible. I did drop about 4 pounds so I’m definitely not upset with the results! Surprisingly I’m really not starving now after a banana last night, this morning I guess, and a scoop of pb.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’ve leveled off around 175lbs, started at 220 in December. I feel like if I can maintain my current eating habits and stay somewhere in the 170-180 range then that should be good enough. It’s not really that restrictive or inhibits me socially. 1500-ish calories a day. Sometimes it’s 1200. Sometimes it’s 2000. I’m probably never going to be the guy that’s going to hit the gym hard every day at 5am, but that’s okay too. I’m just a small dude.

FB19BD51-41C5-4358-9C30-1AD7B8E496F5.jpeg

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I’ve leveled off around 175lbs, started at 220 in December. I feel like if I can maintain my current eating habits and stay somewhere in the 170-180 range then that should be good enough. It’s not really that restrictive or inhibits me socially. 1500-ish calories a day. Sometimes it’s 1200. Sometimes it’s 2000. I’m probably never going to be the guy that’s going to hit the gym hard every day at 5am, but that’s okay too. I’m just a small dude.

View attachment 274880
    Looking good. . .no homo.

Top Bottom