• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been sore, crabby and fell off the diet.

May not sound tragic to anyone here, but I'm 177.4# on the scale today for my official morning weigh in. That is a magic number. When I started this journey toward better health my goal was to get to 177#. I've been coasting comfortably between 173-175 since late November. But my arthritis meds failed, and my workouts have been dramatically curtailed.

Did a decent job of staying on the low calorie diet, but really not so good at sticking with that for the past 30 ish days. Weight creeping back up.
    Got up today, immediately took a pain pill. Started my daily routine and plan to get in a modest workout regardless of the pain.

Going to close my rings today. Only been doing that about 3 days a week lately. I need to get back to 7 days in a row, every week.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    We gain pounds but only lose ounces. I've been having issues with my meds lately also. Some weeks I've been lucky to get in any work outs at all. Been hanging around the 3 sessions a week but try to really push it, My biggest thing is to watch my diet. Have tried to be careful as I tend to say screw it, I've already messed up by eating THIS so why not?
    Pain management is tough but I try to listen to my body. Life is a marathon, no a sprint.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been sore, crabby and fell off the diet.

May not sound tragic to anyone here, but I'm 177.4# on the scale today for my official morning weigh in. That is a magic number. When I started this journey toward better health my goal was to get to 177#. I've been coasting comfortably between 173-175 since late November. But my arthritis meds failed, and my workouts have been dramatically curtailed.

Did a decent job of staying on the low calorie diet, but really not so good at sticking with that for the past 30 ish days. Weight creeping back up.
    Got up today, immediately took a pain pill. Started my daily routine and plan to get in a modest workout regardless of the pain.

Going to close my rings today. Only been doing that about 3 days a week lately. I need to get back to 7 days in a row, every week.

A pretty fair group of folks believe the carnivore diet has cured their arthritis. Might be worth a look?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    A pretty fair group of folks believe the carnivore diet has cured their arthritis. Might be worth a look?

There are actually quite a few ways to treat Osteoarthritis with diet and supplements. Rheumatoid arthritis, which is what I have, is an autoimmune disease, hereditary, and I've yet to find any diets that seem to support healing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are actually quite a few ways to treat Osteoarthritis with diet and supplements. Rheumatoid arthritis, which is what I have, is an autoimmune disease, hereditary, and I've yet to find any diets that seem to support healing.

Rheumatoid arthritis is what Mikhaila Peterson is speaking of in her video above. She has numerous other videos on the subject, along with reference to others who have had results of carnivore solving health issues...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Leo

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Diet’s been crap, workouts have been nonexistent for the most part, but I’ve managed to maintain so there’s that. Need to get my rear back in gear but finding the motivation is really tough lately.
    My diet has been semi-crap. I start the day great but a few days a week I finish the evening badly. Not binge eating or stuffing myself, but tossing down extra calories that I really don't need.

Exercise is slightly better. Probably now 4 days a week, mostly just treadmill, but closing my rings, on average, every other day. No weights or resistance bands because of my arm, shoulder and hand pain. Acute pain in the right elbow area has me wearing a 'tennis elbow' band, which is helping somewhat.

Weight has dropped down below 177# again, so I'm back under my 'goal' weight. Barely. Last 3 days . . . 176.0, 176.0 and 176.2#. A bit too close for comfort, looking to get back down a few more pounds just as a safety margin.

Next arthritis injections are coming up on Tuesday, looking forward to giving myself shots in hopes to continue to reduce the pain. I've cut back on the opioids but still taking them pretty much daily, just lower quantities.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Carnivore can help with autoimmune disorders, because it is an elimination diet, and one that promotes healing of the gut. Most of the substances that ultimately lead to autoimmune disorders a) come from plant-based antinutrients (gluten, other lectins, oxalates, etc.), b) enter the bloodstream directly through a leaky gut that was made leaky by the presence of some of those same substances - especially gluten, and c) promote the growth of harmful gut microbiota. Thus, a carnivore-based elimination diet directly impacts all of the above.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I signed up for another quarter marathon trail run this summer. I have been working a lot and my exercise regime has slipped. I'm not lifting nearly as often as I want to, but am keeping up with cardio pretty well.

Side note: Costco has been worth it, big ol' tubs of greek yogurt and cottage cheese have made keeping protein up and calories down fairly easy. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Optional banana if I'm running that day. Roughly 280 calories/40 gram protein without banana. Blueberries at Costco are really good quality.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Holding firm at 176.2

So basically unchanged for a full week.

Ran across this article and it actually makes some sense.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    175.8#, first time back under 176.0 in a week or so.
    BP 123 / 83 with 70bpm

Workouts have gotten "better" but are still just limited to treadmill. My arms are too sore to do any weights or resistance band work. The treadmill sessions are somewhat faster, speed walking with a bit of jogging. Inclines are alternating between 2 and 10 degrees.

2 more Cimzia injections to my stomach today for my arthritis and hoping for the next level of relief to come in a couple days. I hurt daily, usually afternoon, requiring 1 tramadol + 3 to 6 ibuprofen. That is dramatically reduced from 3 + 9 (or more). But the arthritis pain is certainly impacting my ability to do better workouts.

Ordered some Korean and Japanese food ingredients from Amazon to add some additional flavors to my diet. I do wish turkey sausage tasted like pork sausage! Can't say I miss beef, I do sneak in the occasional burger without being dumb, so no fries on the side.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I signed up for another quarter marathon trail run this summer. I have been working a lot and my exercise regime has slipped. I'm not lifting nearly as often as I want to, but am keeping up with cardio pretty well.

Side note: Costco has been worth it, big ol' tubs of greek yogurt and cottage cheese have made keeping protein up and calories down fairly easy. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Optional banana if I'm running that day. Roughly 280 calories/40 gram protein without banana. Blueberries at Costco are really good quality.
    I eat 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt everyday. Depending on the brand it's 12-15g of protein. Eat a cup of cottage cheese 3x a week at lunch. I also found the small single serve sized can of Bush's baked beans has 13g of protein. I eat a couple of those each week with lunch. I eat a lot of salmon fillets weekly. I took a 14 day break from lifting because I was at a plateau. Maintained my 184-186# weight through those 2 weeks. Started back with lifting pretty aggressive past 2 weeks and I've gained 3#. None in waist line either

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Got in 40 minutes of walk/run on the treadmill. 5100+ steps so far. Happy to report that I have NOT had any opioids since Monday. Also no over the counter pain meds since Monday.
    I have used "Aspircreme" on my right elbow daily. I have 'tennis' elbow from coaching fencing, repetitive injury from hitting children with 3' of tempered steel.
    BUT no pain meds related to my rheumatoid arthritis problem. The cimzia injections seem to be working. The question is will they provide prolonged relief or will the medicine wane like the Humira did?

173.4# on the scale this morning
    76bpm
    118/84 PB (the diastolic reading is naggingly high)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    178.1# on the scale
    118/84 for my blood pressure
    heart rate 68bpm
    97% blood oxygen

Struggling with the diet, struggling with the exercise, weight is see-sawing between 178# and 173#, but I'd say it is ever so slowly creeping back up.

Fencing competition season is winding down into the championships, it is also tax time, altering investments, trying to follow the IRS rules, so lots of stress in my life, and all happening just before we fly to visit with our foster sone to our daughter in California for a week. Not to mention remodeling the fencing club and part of our house. Did I mention stress?

Seems like I get started each day pretty well, 30 minutes of exercise, good breakfast (healthy, moderately low calorie, filling) and then I sort of fall apart by evening. Either activity falls off, or food intake ticks up, or both. Not like I ever sit down and power down food. But I tend to pick a little of this, a little of that, a portion size that is just a bit bigger than it should be . . . all that stuff adds up.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Having the same problem. By 11am I've hit all the high points in healthy living for the day. Hard to stay motivated and moving. Got no where to go so motivation is lacking.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Having the same problem. By 11am I've hit all the high points in healthy living for the day. Hard to stay motivated and moving. Got no where to go so motivation is lacking.
    Closer to 4 or 5pm for me.

I'm still somewhat achy, I know that saps some of my motivation for exercise. I'm also busy, and a procrastinator, which is a bad combination, so I'm working on a half dozen different things with deadlines and that adds to stress. So by evening I tend to just get lazy with the food.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Closer to 4 or 5pm for me.

I'm still somewhat achy, I know that saps some of my motivation for exercise. I'm also busy, and a procrastinator, which is a bad combination, so I'm working on a half dozen different things with deadlines and that adds to stress. So by evening I tend to just get lazy with the food.
    Well looks like I’m in good company… been a month since I’ve gone hiking, probably almost as long since I moved a barbell. I’m trying to get back into the routine, but life has been crazy, work has been 9-10 hours plus 6 on Saturday’s, and the passing of my mother in law has really thrown things into a spiral! All excuses really, but it’s really thrown a kink in my diet and exercise.

Top Bottom