• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    When I first started, I had to stop and rest once or twice while walking if I was on a serious hill. I just kept challenging myself to do a little more each time. I've finally reached the point where my cardio is maybe 60% jog and 40% walk. I don't think I'll ever get to 100% jogging, at least where I live. There are way too many hills where I live, and I'm not tough enough any more to run up those big ones.
    I mostly walk the flat trails but I try to run the uphills. There’s a couple that are pretty steep that I’m typically moving pretty slow at the top, but still going! The few looong ones I walk, my heart rate is pretty much the same if I walk the long ones or run the steep ones.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I mostly walk the flat trails but I try to run the uphills. There’s a couple that are pretty steep that I’m typically moving pretty slow at the top, but still going! The few looong ones I walk, my heart rate is pretty much the same if I walk the long ones or run the steep ones.
    Some horses were born to run and some were born to pull a plow. . .I know which one I am.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    While you guys are outside walking and jogging (or pulling plows) I've been doing everything on equipment.

My outside walks are usually with a toddler and vary greatly in speed (picking flows to running & screaming), direction (ooh, a butterfly) and length but I'd generally rate those walks as slow strolls.

Yesterday I printed off some basic Cardio, Abs and Circuit training exercise sheets and posted them on my wall. Each of the sheets has a half dozen exercises, with recommendations for reps and rest times. Did the Level 1 Cardio workout this morning after getting off my rowing machine. I was surprised how hard it was to complete but I feel better having done it.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    While you guys are outside walking and jogging (or pulling plows) I've been doing everything on equipment.

My outside walks are usually with a toddler and vary greatly in speed (picking flows to running & screaming), direction (ooh, a butterfly) and length but I'd generally rate those walks as slow strolls.

Yesterday I printed off some basic Cardio, Abs and Circuit training exercise sheets and posted them on my wall. Each of the sheets has a half dozen exercises, with recommendations for reps and rest times. Did the Level 1 Cardio workout this morning after getting off my rowing machine. I was surprised how hard it was to complete but I feel better having done it.
    You make fun, but that plow pulling is going to come in pretty handy when the wife wants a garden this spring :lmfao: Now where’s my carrot and salt lick???

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some horses were born to run and some were born to pull a plow. . .I know which one I am.

I have never been fast. The shorter the distance, the worst I finished even when in good shape. 10 mile ruck run with a 25 lb pack? I'd be one of the first 3 across the finish line on a battalion run. 100y dash? I suck, I always haved suck, I always will suck. Phone pole to phone pole? The quickest guy is across the finish line before I've gotten to the 'o' in plod.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Weight seems to have stabilized at 190/191# for the past 4 days.

According to my Bello2 body fat analysis scanner, my Body Fat % is, finally, in the "healthy" range. My Withings Cardio scale, which measures body fat in a different way, had my Body Fat % in the healthy range for the past week. The Bello2 is supposed to be a much more accurate way to measure body fat.

My Visceral Fat is finally showing a real drop. Visceral fat is potentially dangerous fat that builds up around the organs (heart, lungs, liver, kidneys) and while some is necessary, excess can be fatal.

Set a personal record on the exercise bike this morning. My butt hurts. Not sure if the seat or my rear needs more padding but more padding would be beneficial!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Pretty much everything hurts, has been that way for a couple days. Been painting the house + doing my workouts. Today I'm slowing down. I'll barely meet each of my goals but I will not do extra. My body is telling me something. At some point I need to listen to it and stop ignoring it.

Saturday we are going camping at Potato Creek State Park for 4 nights, 5 days. My only goals are to barely meet my goals and get some much needed rest. Planning to eat healthy, at least reasonably healthy. Planning to walk.

Looking to come home on Wednesday afternoon and continue where I left off, which is exceeding all my goals. But I think I need a short break from workouts to allow my muscles to recover and this trip comes at a good time for me to take that short break.

185# by mid-October is a very reasonable goal.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Pretty much everything hurts, has been that way for a couple days. Been painting the house + doing my workouts. Today I'm slowing down. I'll barely meet each of my goals but I will not do extra. My body is telling me something. At some point I need to listen to it and stop ignoring it.

Saturday we are going camping at Potato Creek State Park for 4 nights, 5 days. My only goals are to barely meet my goals and get some much needed rest. Planning to eat healthy, at least reasonably healthy. Planning to walk.

Looking to come home on Wednesday afternoon and continue where I left off, which is exceeding all my goals. But I think I need a short break from workouts to allow my muscles to recover and this trip comes at a good time for me to take that short break.

185# by mid-October is a very reasonable goal.
    Been wishing the goals on the fitness app included a rest day myself :):

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Morning weight went UP a pound but I suspect that if I took a :toilet2: the weight would vanish if I stepped back on the scale.

After painting the garage/workshop and exercising the last couple days I pretty much gave up on exceeding my goals; I think it was a good thing that I took it light and easy on yesterday's exercises. Bourbon killed my pain in the evening.

Hit it hard this morning and got 55 minutes of workout in this morning. Exercise bike with dumbbells and followed that with the rowing machine. I'm planning to do another session a bit later today but I have some things that need to get done first.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    What I thought might happen this past week happened. I only lost four tenths of a pound, but after having dropped slightly over five last week, I thought my body would recalibrate. This was also another morning I didn't feel like working out both physically and mentally, but I pushed through it. Let's see if I can get back on track and drop that 1-2 pounds I'm shooting for each week.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've been avoiding this thread since I know I'm fat, and just didn't have the motivation to do anything about it. Saw the Dr. a couple months ago for my yearly physical, and he told me that I'm pre-diabetic and have elevated cholesterol. If I don't make a change, he gives me no more than 5 years before I'm full blown diabetic.

I finally decided a couple weeks ago to do something about it. 44 yrs old, 5'8", and 236 lbs. I've done diets before, Keto, Weight Watchers, and a half dozen fad diets. The weight always comes back. This time I joined Noom. I really like the daily coaching and meal logging. Makes me more conscientious of what I'm putting in my body. I don't run, but have been walking a couple miles 3-4 times a week. In 2 weeks, I'm down 7 lbs. and have a lot more energy. I'm sleeping better too. Hoping to be down below 200 before February.

Its about lifestyle changes, choosing better foods instead of the junk I've been putting in my body, and taking care of myself. Right now I'm super motivated. Hopefully I can keep this momentum to make the changes that I need.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    What a difference 24 hours can make. I felt like crap yesterday, but I went to bed fairly early last night and woke up feeling like a champ. I"ve been to the gym already and went after it hard. For vanity purporses, I started a new exercise in my routine to build up my bicep peak. I blew my arms up this morning; I'm more sore than I've been in long time.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    What a difference 24 hours can make. I felt like crap yesterday, but I went to bed fairly early last night and woke up feeling like a champ. I"ve been to the gym already and went after it hard. For vanity purporses, I started a new exercise in my routine to build up my bicep peak. I blew my arms up this morning; I'm more sore than I've been in long time.
    What’s the new exercise?

Top Bottom