• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thinking about it now, I don't even know if things like this can be ordered... might be in stores only... which would be hour-long lines... which is definitely outside of my interest area.

"Sorry folks, we only made 50 and this guy was first in line so he gets them all."

Amazon had it. My wife stayed up on the release date (midnight) waiting for them to be available for order. She missed it, possibly because of time zones.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did I mention my wife was obsessed with the collectibility of special edition Nintendo systems?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hmm, it's up for pre-order on Amazon UK right now, maybe Amazon US soon?

Nintendo also claims they will have increased stock. Haaaah.

Yeah. Just like they said there'd be enough NES Classic consoles. Just like they said there'd be enough Switch consoles. They've used this tactic in the past.

But I will acknowledge the possibility that the overestimated and overproduced Wii U might have given them doubts about demand. And they did eventually sort of catch up with demand on the switch. Nah. Forget all that. I just wanna hate on Nintendo.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Friend of mine got an HTC Vive. Watched some streaming of it through Steam, really looks interesting. Going to go over and give it a try myself here soon.

He said he had no issues with motion sickness.

There's definitely a fine line between VR Games and VR Experiences. I think the latter is what's going to carry the platform, if it becomes mainstream.

Essentially VR Events... putting you inside of a movie, show, or even a sporting event. Being able to sit front-row at a concert or football game. Sort of brings back thoughts of that Super Bowl commercial where the soldier oversees was "sitting between" his family for a football game. That would be a pretty cool experience, I think.

There's also the issue of mobility in VR. Some games let you point and "teleport" to spot... others (like Superhot VR) have you stationary, with very limited area to move around in (essentially the area you boxed off in your room).

The stationary games are probably, also, going to be the ones that thrive if VR goes mainstream. It was pretty entertaining to see him pull off an impressive Superhot VR run, then you can tell exactly how the person is reacting by their in-game "hands" making noticable motions, like a fist pump, or "why god why" double-hand motion.

Curious to see how I do with it, with a minor eye issue. Definitely convenient to be able to test it before deciding to make such a purchase.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, an update on the above post. I played some games with the Vive today... it worked extremely well. Once I put it on... I wasn't even aware of a screen inside it, it just filled my field of vision perfectly.

The controllers and their representation in-game had excellent 1:1 movement. Played Superhot VR and Valve's "The Lab" (collection of VR games and experiences).

Superhot really gets you into the movements. It's unique, in that you'll see a bullet coming at you, and the act of avoiding it feels really good. Looking around you for guns nearby feels natural, and the shooting is pretty on-point.

The Lab had a lot of VR experiences included with it. One was a basic "defend your castle with a bow & arrow" game... which felt awesome. The act of nocking the arrow and firing was superb. Aiming down over the wall felt satisfying.

Really had fun with it, no sickness to speak of, and very excited that I was able to do it with no vision problems. It really felt natural, and like you're there.

Now to convince the wife we need one.. She definitely had fun with it, too... more than I think she expected. That should help!

LostWander

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    SWFL
    Holy cow, didnt expect to see a gamer thread on INGO. Always happy to find more friends :D

#pcmasterrace myself, have a small YT channel. Lately been binging Overwatch, Siege and some early access stuff

Atm forcing muself to ignore Steam sales...nothing good happens there lol

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Well, an update on the above post. I played some games with the Vive today... it worked extremely well. Once I put it on... I wasn't even aware of a screen inside it, it just filled my field of vision perfectly.

The controllers and their representation in-game had excellent 1:1 movement. Played Superhot VR and Valve's "The Lab" (collection of VR games and experiences).

Superhot really gets you into the movements. It's unique, in that you'll see a bullet coming at you, and the act of avoiding it feels really good. Looking around you for guns nearby feels natural, and the shooting is pretty on-point.

The Lab had a lot of VR experiences included with it. One was a basic "defend your castle with a bow & arrow" game... which felt awesome. The act of nocking the arrow and firing was superb. Aiming down over the wall felt satisfying.

Really had fun with it, no sickness to speak of, and very excited that I was able to do it with no vision problems. It really felt natural, and like you're there.

Now to convince the wife we need one.. She definitely had fun with it, too... more than I think she expected. That should help!

Is Superhot VR anything like Leisure Suit Larry?

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I picked up an oculus rift a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast with it. Pavlov vr is a really fun fps with stick based movement.

The gun handling is pretty interactive. Dirt rally's is the only seated game I have been playing and blasting down back roads at ludicrous speed couldn't be any better.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Been getting back to Battlefield 1, For Honor, and Armored Warfare off and on... Haven't been gaming a lot in general lately... Shift change has me all screwey...
    What the hell is that big ball of light in the sky anyway?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 Receive Updates

but-why.gif

Top Bottom