• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Actually it's now Fallout4Box... The new Fallout 4 VR should be a game changer.

The Fallout 4 VR looks slightly better implemented than the Skyrim VR.

Not a fan of mixing fresh new technology with triple-A games... it feels very shoddy. The Skyrim VR is just shaky and janky, makes a beautiful game look awful. The FOV in the Fallout video there also is a bit warped.

Games make for VR look like they handle it a lot better than games modified to accept VR.

But, to be fair, I've yet to have the opportunity to try VR. Maybe it works, I don't know.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Call of Duty WW2 gameplay looks good. Gotta love that M1 Garand sound

[video=youtube;42GiPMtJ-1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42GiPMtJ-1I[/video]
    The graphics look good, but the cynic in me sees a lot of red flags;
    - focus still on run and gun, twitch gameplay
    - akimbo returns (dual wielding 1911s towards the end)
    - possible return of frustrating perks (the bayonet charge looks like the commando perk)
    - special ammo for the shotgun

I'll until long after release to see what the game is actually like.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Super Mario Odyssey looking good

DCNu_hhVwAAxE23.jpg:small

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Fallout 4 VR looks slightly better implemented than the Skyrim VR.

Not a fan of mixing fresh new technology with triple-A games... it feels very shoddy. The Skyrim VR is just shaky and janky, makes a beautiful game look awful. The FOV in the Fallout video there also is a bit warped.

Games make for VR look like they handle it a lot better than games modified to accept VR.

But, to be fair, I've yet to have the opportunity to try VR. Maybe it works, I don't know.

Have you seen the Wolfenstein2 trailer? OMG.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    World Record Progression: Donkey Kong

Lot of drama surrounding the high score record for the DK arcade game. Pretty interesting

[video=youtube;LAQ2vEHq2N4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQ2vEHq2N4[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How Overwatch Animation Conveys Character in First Person

Good look at how much detail Blizzard put into Overwatch.

[video=youtube;1xeTMCPG2gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xeTMCPG2gg[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How Overwatch Animation Conveys Character in First Person

Good look at how much detail Blizzard put into Overwatch.

[video]

That's really cool. It does come across in the gameplay. Each character really feels different, so some you connect to better than others. They just feel more intuitive.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Steam Summer sale has a few gems in it.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is down to a criminally low $4. This is a triple-A RPG game... Crazy good deal.

The new Doom game is also pretty cheap, down to $15 (from $30). Great FPS.

Witcher 3 GOTY is $25, Fallout 4 is $15, CIV VI is $36

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's hilarious.

What's the market for it, though? GenXers? As a member of that demographic, I'm not retro-nostalgic enough to spend extra on worse graphics and controllers. Maybe Joe McOldschool with young kids would get into this, but if the kids are old enough to game, they'll want modernity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's hilarious.

What's the market for it, though? GenXers? As a member of that demographic, I'm not retro-nostalgic enough to spend extra on worse graphics and controllers. Maybe Joe McOldschool with young kids would get into this, but if the kids are old enough to game, they'll want modernity.

Hey. Boomers like gaming too. I'd probably buy one, but Nintendo may pull the same market strategy **** they did with the NES classic. Scalpers sucked up the very limited inventory in just hours.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey. Boomers like gaming too. I'd probably buy one, but Nintendo may pull the same market strategy **** they did with the NES classic. Scalpers sucked up the very limited inventory in just hours.

Starting to look at Nintendo stuff as an investment opportunity. Buy up a few of them, make your money back and then some a few months later.

I'll definitely order a couple, at least.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Starting to look at Nintendo stuff as an investment opportunity. Buy up a few of them, make your money back and then some a few months later.

I'll definitely order a couple, at least.

You ****ING SCALPER!

Just kidding. My wife tried to get a couple of NEC Classic consoles the day they were released but she didn't hit the order button soon enough. They were just gone. Then she saw that some were in stock at Target, so we rushed down. By the time we got there Target had just opened. Checked the inventory online as we walked in, which showed they still had some. Nope. Dude behind the counter said we just missed them. They were sold out seconds after opening. He said people were lined up. Inventory updating lagged reality by a few minutes.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thinking about it now, I don't even know if things like this can be ordered... might be in stores only... which would be hour-long lines... which is definitely outside of my interest area.

"Sorry folks, we only made 50 and this guy was first in line so he gets them all."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thinking about it now, I don't even know if things like this can be ordered... might be in stores only... which would be hour-long lines... which is definitely outside of my interest area.

Bah! Typical Millenial.

Why, I remember waiting outside, in the freezing cold, for Air Jordans.* That's back before iPhones, Wifi, or even cellular. We actually had to TALK to the people around us.

*Didn't actually happen because there was no way my family could afford that kind of bank for sneakers.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bah! Typical Millenial.

Why, I remember waiting outside, in the freezing cold, for Air Jordans.* That's back before iPhones, Wifi, or even cellular. We actually had to TALK to the people around us.

*Didn't actually happen because there was no way my family could afford that kind of bank for sneakers.

I did the midnight launch for the Gamecube. That was quite the experience.

Internet markets really killed those... though people still camp out for things they can essentially get launch day delivery on.

Top Bottom