• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think the loot crates are a generational thing.

My son loves the Overwatch loot crates for the emotes and the sprays and the skins.

I would rather have ability or weapon upgrades that I don't pay for.

I was part of the ArmA community when they launched different DLCs. That was very different because so many of the community mods were at least as good as the for-purchase DLC. Plus, BIS did a pretty good job of having lower-end versions of the DLC available to maintain the MP experience.

robby made an awesome loot crate with 3D printer in the real life

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's tempting. Just got a racing wheel. Might need a dedicated PS4 for it so I can leave it all hooked up. Wonder if I can find an old Porsche seat in a junk yard.

Family friend builds sim-rigs. Here's an older one.

The steering wheels are legit. If you hit a wall in-game, you need to let go or you're going to break your wrists.

BHsimrig193.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Family friend builds sim-rigs. Here's an older one.

The steering wheels are legit. If you hit a wall in-game, you need to let go or you're going to break your wrists.

I like that.

We've been thinking we'd just get a fold-up wheel stand for the racing wheel so we can use it in the media room where the PS4 is hooked up. But I think that's going to be a big pain to hook and unhook. So much so that I'd be afraid we won't use it much.

We have a small area in the basement that we use for "legacy" gaming systems, hooked up to an old 52" TV. I'm thinking if we had another PS4 hooked up to that TV the space could be used for a more permanent setup. Maybe not as elaborate as in the picture, but same idea. We could make it so the car seat could be moved out of the way for when we want to play Wii/U or whatever.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    What kind of steering wheel? It doesn't look special. I love gaming, but I would rather do it in a less expensive manner (not that my VR set-up is cheap).

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I just bought Doom 3 BFG, time for the VR mod. I have the original doom 3 on disc, but it isn't compatible with the mod. I have been playing Alien Isolation in VR, but it is so damn tense and you are so helpless against the alien that it quits being fun after awhile.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I knew some guys that were deep into flight sim cockpit building. The realism is amazing.

And, I've used a buddy's racing rig like that. The wrist-breaking comes from the VIOLENT left-right shaking of the wheel. Absolutely agree that you have to let go.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I knew some guys that were deep into flight sim cockpit building. The realism is amazing.

And, I've used a buddy's racing rig like that. The wrist-breaking comes from the VIOLENT left-right shaking of the wheel. Absolutely agree that you have to let go.

I had no idea about that. I will definitely beware.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know, I'm okay with some lapses in realism.
    haha

So, I mentioned realistic cockpit builders... on April Fool's day, one of them posted a fairly realistic marketing pic of an offering from Logitech that was... a.... well... the best way to describe it was a phallus that had electrodes that would be attached to the seat. If the plane crashed, the ... probe would automatically insert into the body and deliver a shock.

It was funny.

We kinda wondered if it would actually be a good seller if marketed to a different consumer segment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since F1 drivers have a very limited time on tracks, they have to simulate driving. It's also used for simulating car improvements, too.

[video=youtube;oWVogW9cnDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWVogW9cnDc[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    David Murray (The 8-Bit Guy) showing the entire process for creating his new Commodore 64 game, Planet X2

[video=youtube;NB_VBl7ut9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB_VBl7ut9Y[/video]

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I miss the old load prompt, but sitll really glad we dont need to do it in this day and age. L Shift-O was so much faster than typing out Load. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dinoflask. Jeff Kaplan.

Awesome.

[video=youtube_share;t2Yrz9HSZNo]https://youtu.be/t2Yrz9HSZNo[/video]

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Doom 3 by itself is quite mediocre, however with the VR mod it is a blast. The graphics haven't aged well, but they are better than most Indy VR games. With the ability to use a gun and flashlight at the same time the gameplay is much better. On top of that, it is roomscale with touch controller support.

Top Bottom