The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If their parents relied on school to teach them how jumper cables work, neither the school nor the individuals were the main failure point.
    Agree. I'm a little confused as to the mistake here. One guy said "It's not like we have positive on negative..." Which I'm sure is what we all assumed. I'm guessing that while he said that...they did.

Anyhoo, I've never taken a shop class in my life. I can't DIY everything, but I bet I can do more than 7 out of 10 people who have taken a shop class. Same with my boys....though the younger one is in welding school now so he'll have to teach my how to use my welder.

4 out of 4 of my kids can use jumper cables....because they have all had to. Dad hates buying batteries, so....

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Anyhoo, I've never taken a shop class in my life. I can't DIY everything, but I bet I can do more than 7 out of 10 people who have taken a shop class. Same with my boys....though the younger one is in welding school now so he'll have to teach my how to use my welder.
    I was a smart boy on an academic track, such that it existed at Brown County High School in the late 70s, and I REALLY had to twist the arm of my academic counselor to get her to let me take ONE stinkin’ manual arts class — and I still use that skill today. I have learned other basic skills from my dad and from picking up books and watching repairmen and friends and (much later) YT videos, but I really wish I had taken some more. (And yes dad taught me how to jump the car).

It’s true that probably 7 out of 10 of the shop class students back then were parked there by the academic counselors to keep them away from the nice students, but I would have been one of the other three who got something out of it. If I was in charge of public education every student would gets some shop classes if for no other reason than “manual arts appreciation”. Of course I‘d also have gladiator fights/dodgeball, and certainly none of this transgender BS.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was a smart boy on an academic track, such that it existed at Brown County High School in the late 70s, and I REALLY had to twist the arm of my academic counselor to get her to let me take ONE stinkin’ manual arts class — and I still use that skill today. I have learned other basic skills from my dad and from picking up books and watching repairmen and friends and (much later) YT videos, but I really wish I had taken some more. (And yes dad taught me how to jump the car).

It’s true that probably 7 out of 10 of the shop class students back then were parked there by the academic counselors to keep them away from the nice students, but I would have been one of the other three who got something out of it. If I was in charge of public education every student would gets some shop classes if for no other reason than “manual arts appreciation”. Of course I‘d also have gladiator fights/dodgeball, and certainly none of this transgender BS.
    I should be clear that I have no problem and, in fact encourage industrial arts education. In a way too wordy way, I was just saying that things can be learned in other ways. Most of what I learned, I learned from my Dad, and if not directly from him, I inherited from him the default position of finding out how and then doing things myself....and I, in turn, passed that along.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno. I really like the self-checkout. I don't have to interact with anyone, not even the person watching the self-checkouts. I don't even need to acknowledge their existence. They say "hello", I ignore them. Not much they can do. If I ignore the chatty lady checking out my stuff for me, I feel like if I don't at least nod my head to acknowledge her existence, she'll double scan **** and bag my bulk tomatoes in with the jarred food.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I dunno. I really like the self-checkout. I don't have to interact with anyone, not even the person watching the self-checkouts. I don't even need to acknowledge their existence. They say "hello", I ignore them. Not much they can do. If I ignore the chatty lady checking out my stuff for me, I feel like if I don't at least nod my head to acknowledge her existence, she'll double scan **** and bag my bulk tomatoes in with the jarred food.
    Plus, as you pointed out in another thread, it's great for when you need to buy just half a banana.

Top Bottom