Not open for further replies.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    screenshot_2021_11_18_080827_91619f6ffa2124a71bcde194f944b5e5d0f269f5.png
    The funny thing about this post is that two stroke engines are inherently more energy efficient than four stroke engines because they fire every rotation. They can be made to burn clean and pass emissions standards. Kawasaki did it in the early 90s with FI two strokes on Jetskis. But since they burn oil they were still banned in California and ultimately replaced.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The funny thing about this post is that two stroke engines are inherently more energy efficient than four stroke engines because they fire every rotation. They can be made to burn clean and pass emissions standards. Kawasaki did it in the early 90s with FI two strokes on Jetskis. But since they burn oil they were still banned in California and ultimately replaced.
    I had a Kaw 350, 3 cylinder a long time ago. It was a screamer! But man it was hard to keep it running on all three cylinders. I think you have one in your shop like what I had.

web-IMG_2528-300x180.jpg

M.Cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Lo
    The funny thing about this post is that two stroke engines are inherently more energy efficient than four stroke engines because they fire every rotation. They can be made to burn clean and pass emissions standards. Kawasaki did it in the early 90s with FI two strokes on Jetskis. But since they burn oil they were still banned in California and ultimately replace

M.Cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Love the sound of the old 2 stroke Detroit diesel spent many hours driveing one and still heve two. Sorry about adding link. Screenshot_2021-11-18-16-24-12.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a Kaw 350, 3 cylinder a long time ago. It was a screamer! But man it was hard to keep it running on all three cylinders. I think you have one in your shop like what I had.

web-IMG_2528-300x180.jpg
    The one we had was a KH500. And yeah that center cylinder got HOT! You had to run the center cylinder rich to compensate. We no longer have the shop. After my dad had a stroke my brother and I focused on running our other business since my dad is basically retired now.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The one we had was a KH500. And yeah that center cylinder got HOT! You had to run the center cylinder rich to compensate. We no longer have the shop. After my dad had a stroke my brother and I focused on running our other business since my dad is basically retired now.

Guy in HS has a 750 triple, I rode it, it was scary quick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom