• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Met a guy once parked and checking out something on his bike, nothing wrong just waiting on wife inside store. But I did get to check out a beautiful hardtail 1947 Knuckle head. Don't remember looking at his plates but he was missing his left arm at the elbow. Know another that rides and haven't seen him but I think he did have HP, he has a wooden leg below the knee, walks with a limp but not that obvious. Jim.
    I used to work for a guy who had a prosthetic leg. His leg had been amputated from the knee down.

He came in to the office one day and said he was playing softball the evening before and broke his leg off. I thought "wtf? How does someone break their leg playing softball, and then not be on crutches the next day?" I asked him how the f' does that work, and that's when I found out about his prosthetic leg. Nobody in the office knew about it.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I used to work for a guy who had a prosthetic leg. His leg had been amputated from the knee down.

He came in to the office one day and said he was playing softball the evening before and broke his leg off. I thought "wtf? How does someone break their leg playing softball, and then not be on crutches the next day?" I asked him how the f' does that work, and that's when I found out about his prosthetic leg. Nobody in the office knew about it.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Was his name Harold by chance .

I grew up with a guy and ran into him here in Indy years ago and he was playing softball on his fake leg.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Ek15Ts7XgAAOnp5.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Damn, that was fantastic. I just wish it was in English.
    She knew exactly what she was getting into but I still loved her reactions.

And that was in a little Civic Type R - she would probably explode in a real race car.

I think it was fine as it was. I could understand enough. "Mama Mia" was pretty understandable. I think some native 'F' bombs was in there. And then, of course the arm gesture is universal.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Really...
    My doctor had to sign off on my placard.

A friend of my late wife who passed away a month after Mrs. IBM did had a handicap placard because she used to transport her mom around because she did not have a vehicle, her husband would routinely pop the placard on the mirror and walk into the grocery store wearing his softball uniform and wearing cleats, no attempt to hide it.

Personally I think anyone using a Handicap spot illegally should get their car towed and pay a hefty fine. I can get by on walking a little bit farther from the door when I go in, but because of a left leg that's not fully operational I get tired very fast and need to save every step on the return trip. Over the last 3.5 years I have greatly improved, but everyday life is not without challenges.
    Seems that some places have way too many handicap spots. Lowes is the top of the list for me. In all my years of going there at all times of the day and week I have never seen them even half full. That is only slightly less annoying than seeing someone who has no issue parking in the spot.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Stopped at a light a couple of years ago. Behind a Harley, big bike, .....with handicapped plates.

Try as I might, can't wrap my head around this one. If you can handle a heavy motorcycle, you should be able to support yourself physically and walk.

Don
    Few years ago I saw a guy stopped with his Harley alongside the rode, apparently broken down, trying to start the Harley, and it looked like he was struggling with it a bit. I stopped to ask him if he needed a hand or could I call someone for him, he said no, he had already called and was just waiting for his friend but trying to start the bike to kill time. I noticed he had one leg. And I mean just one leg, not one and half, there was nothing from the hip down.

I just had to ask:

"How'd you lose the leg?"

"Motorcycle accident."

And get this: it was not an electric start. Manual.

No handicap plate that I recall.

Sorry no pic.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Few years ago I saw a guy stopped with his Harley alongside the rode, apparently broken down, trying to start the Harley, and it looked like he was struggling with it a bit. I stopped to ask him if he needed a hand or could I call someone for him, he said no, he had already called and was just waiting for his friend but trying to start the bike to kill time. I noticed he had one leg. And I mean just one leg, not one and half, there was nothing from the hip down.

I just had to ask:

"How'd you lose the leg?"

"Motorcycle accident."

And get this: it was not an electric start. Manual.

No handicap plate that I recall.

Sorry no pic.
    Wow! I hope he never uses Armor All on his bike seat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom