• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People are pre-ordering and then taking delivery and flipping. Same with new Corvette.

Dealer likely getting in on it. My wife goes in next tuesday to discuss with dealer and order hers

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    People are pre-ordering and then taking delivery and flipping. Same with new Corvette.

Dealer likely getting in on it. My wife goes in next tuesday to discuss with dealer and order hers
    The new Corvettes were supposed to have base prices of 60K and all I see are used ones coming across my FB feed for 99K!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Why are they crooks?
    They're not. They are taking advantage of prevailing economic conditions. No one is being forced to purchase a Bronco. With those kinds of markups, they will sell a few but most likely will end up driving more business to Jeep for those that just won't wait until things settle down.

People used to say that paying MSRP was a ripoff. Now its a common practice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They're not. They are taking advantage of prevailing economic conditions. No one is being forced to purchase a Bronco. With those kinds of markups, they will sell a few but most likely will end up driving more business to Jeep for those that just won't wait until things settle down.

People used to say that paying MSRP was a ripoff. Now its a common practice.

So many forget the "S" is for suggested...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Folks better get used to this because this is the new norm, it is also what manufacturing has wanted for years, to get off the incentive merry of round. This will continue until the chip shortages end AND until a major manufacturer decides to gain market share by offering incentives. Don't expect overflowing dealer lots anytime soon...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Folks better get used to this because this is the new norm, it is also what manufacturing has wanted for years, to get off the incentive merry of round. This will continue until the chip shortages end AND until a major manufacturer decides to gain market share by offering incentives. Don't expect overflowing dealer lots anytime soon...
    Plus, note that many OEM's have stated that they are not planning on going back to huge inventories on dealer lots all across the country where they can have some retired guy drive the one you want from Paducah to Poughkeepsie.

The plan is to keep low inventory and require more special ordering.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Plus, note that many OEM's have stated that they are not planning on going back to huge inventories on dealer lots all across the country where they can have some retired guy drive the one you want from Paducah to Poughkeepsie.

The plan is to keep low inventory and require more special ordering.

There is nothing but upside to this for dealers and manufacturers IF they can hold the line. Dealers would have smaller real estate footprints, fewer sales employees as it will all be done online. No one will finance huge inventories of cars that get hail damaged. The list could go on and on.

One only need pay attention to the advertising of cars to see the younger generation doesn't need (or want) a test drive, dealer or salesman, they will just order a vehicle like a pizza and have it delivered to their home.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Is she ordering a Vette or Bronco, Doc. The new Vettes are pretty cool.

As to the Bronco, I saw this on Utoob, and it doesn't warm my heart any. And I'm a Ford guy, historically. Looks like a mechanical spiderweb nightmare to me.

Bronco pics.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know anything about engines so I couldn't comment on that but that Bronco looks good.
    And therein lies an issue; as fewer and fewer do any work on vehicles themselves (me included) there is no one to report how bad they have become for even basic maintenance.

Reminds me of a recent meme.

If you think we are getting smarter as a society think on this.

60 years ago the owners manual explained how to adjust the valves.

Now it explains not to drink battery acid...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Is she ordering a Vette or Bronco, Doc. The new Vettes are pretty cool.

As to the Bronco, I saw this on Utoob, and it doesn't warm my heart any. And I'm a Ford guy, historically. Looks like a mechanical spiderweb nightmare to me.

View attachment 164085

With that under the hood, I think I'd just keep it shut! Nothing to see there! :)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I bet people will buy it who don't even know how much it will cost to replace them.
    Yeah, I bet... the larger tires on my rather ordinary looking Explorer cost as much as our Suburban or MarkC Junior's Tahoe.

I can only imagine what those beasts cost!

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Try $300-400 for tires that size.

The stock size A/T tire that I would put on my F150 is about $250 a tire.
    Ding ding ding! I found the receipt from when I put on four tires, with the road hazard warranty, and an alignment, done in November 2020. Around $1,300, all told, for Michelin.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ordering a bronco. She wanted a LR defender since seeing Jurassic Park as a kid. The LR4 fulfilled that desire.

Nasty looking engine. Hopefully easy for someone to work on than me :):
    I've seen new Broncos on the road. They look a lot smaller than I expected. As far as working on your own Ford, my wife's Escape is one of the few cars that AutoZone won't change the battery on. I've done it and it is a royal pain in the back side.

Top Bottom