• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Advice worth exactly what you're paying for it:

Be very very very wary of being a beta-tester on a brand new vehicle. Very wary indeed.
    It's the same platform as the Bronco Sport, which is the same platform as the Escape, which uses the same EcoBoost engines and transmissions that they have been using for years. Basically a "new" vehicle in the same vein as the next "new" Glock or M&P.

It's not like it's a Chrysler. Ford actually honors their warranty. I've had 3 new Fords in the past 10 years or so, and no issues in the warranty period, other than a blind spot sensor on a 2014 Edge.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    All I want is a 1/2 ton crew cab with a V8 that will take me 200,000 miles for under $35k....it that too much to ask?

Apparently so. It wasn't a year ago.
    Yeah, you are looking at $40K+ for something new now. $40,750 for a WT Chevy crewcab with a 5.3. NO other options.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's the same platform as the Bronco Sport, which is the same platform as the Escape, which uses the same EcoBoost engines and transmissions that they have been using for years. Basically a "new" vehicle in the same vein as the next "new" Glock or M&P.

It's not like it's a Chrysler. Ford actually honors their warranty. I've had 3 new Fords in the past 10 years or so, and no issues in the warranty period, other than a blind spot sensor on a 2014 Edge.
    Plus if you look over recent automotive history, the "don't buy the first model year" mantra doesn't really hold up anymore. Cars get recalled and they will reach from current production back several years.

What you get by waiting is improvements, updates and changes driven by customer feedback along with standard CIM stuff. Waiting is fine to see them sort the vehicle out, but if you want something now, I wouldn't be afraid.

If I want the first year, I'll not be afraid to buy it. I work too close to the OEM's to be worried.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, you are looking at $40K+ for something new now. $40,750 for a WT Chevy crewcab with a 5.3. NO other options.
    Not even used. I normally buy 2 or 3 years old with low miles. I am waiting this craziness out...if I can. My trusty Silverado will turn 219,000 by the end of the week. So far, so good....but she won't last forever.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not even used. I normally buy 2 or 3 years old with low miles. I am waiting this craziness out...if I can. My trusty Silverado will turn 219,000 by the end of the week. So far, so good....but she won't last forever.
    I'm trying to wait also. My wife's car is leaking oil in an area of the engine block that would basically require a new engine or a rebuild of the one in it. It's a small leak so I'm just monitoring the oil level and hoping it will last two more years. She likes to keep her vehicles for 10 years. Her's is a 2010, but we bought it 2013.

I drive a company car and as long as I keep my job, I'm good. But I could use something to haul crap in once in awhile.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Let us know how you like it after you give it a shakedown cruise.
    Drove from Kokomo to Alpena, MI on Thursday. Went from 14 to 499 miles on the odometer. Drives very nice. Got 25mpg on the highway. Just ordered a bed cover and running boards for it. 20211028_163814.jpg
    20211028_164002.jpg
    Had to put an INGO sticker on it to give a shout out to the site.
    20211028_132109.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That ranger is a beaut

My dad had one when I was in high school. Was RWD and zero weight in the bed most of the time, so unsafe in any kind of slick weather or if you were on a turn and hit a bump :runaway:

This one looks a lot beefier

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Nice looking truck! I spent a lot of my childhood in Alpena, Grand Lake specifically.
    I've been coming up here for years to the Air National Guard Training Center. Finally had a chance to bring my wife up and show her the area. I forsee a future summer trip up here for a week or two.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That ranger is a beaut

My dad had one when I was in high school. Was RWD and zero weight in the bed most of the time, so unsafe in any kind of slick weather or if you were on a turn and hit a bump :runaway:

This one looks a lot beefier
    This one is 4x4 with a stiff suspension. According to a friend, it is the same suspension/drive train as the Bronco at a much reduced price tag.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had a buddy when I lived up in Lafayette that had a mustard yellow Maverick. He called it "Mabel". Mabel had no front passenger seat. She had a beanbag chair there. There were 4 of us that covered a lot of country roads up there in Mabel. :lmfao:
    Oh that Ford yellow from back in the early 70s was just hideous! Somewhere between puke green and baby **** yellow to borrow a line from American Graffiti.

Mabel had a straight 6... no way the passenger in the beanbag chair could've stayed upright in a Maverick with a 302. Punch it and the passenger would be upside down in the back floorboard.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh that Ford yellow from back in the early 70s was just hideous! Somewhere between puke green and baby **** yellow to borrow a line from American Graffiti.

Mabel had a straight 6... no way the passenger in the beanbag chair could've stayed upright in a Maverick with a 302. Punch it and the passenger would be upside down in the back floorboard.
    Oh yeah, definitely the 6! And it didn't run all that well either. :): That was probably a good thing considering a lot of the cruising we did was on gravel roads!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They should have called it the Courier, like their previous mini truck. But I guess "Maverick" is more stylish.

They will sell a boatload of them. And they'll do what buyers need them to do. Not everyone needs a Cummins dually.
    Just imagine the new/old Courier/B-Series Mazda with a fuel-injected 2.0 liter, 5 speed/optional automatic and a 6 foot bed. You couldn't make enough of them.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

We had the Mercury Comet version of the Maverick when I was a kid. Inline six that ran rough no matter how many tune-ups and carb rebuilds. It was baby poop green. Still better than a Pinto (my first car).

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We had the Mercury Comet version of the Maverick when I was a kid. Inline six that ran rough no matter how many tune-ups and carb rebuilds. It was baby poop green. Still better than a Pinto (my first car).
    Mom had a Maverick when I was a kid. It stalled when she pulled out onto a highway and we got hit. Thankfully the piece of **** was totaled.

And then my first car was a gold pinto station wagon with the fake woodgrain on the side. Obviously a chick magnet.

Top Bottom