Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wallace: “Will you condemn white supremacy?”
    Trump: “Yes, I call on them to standback and standby.”

Lol, not a good look.

That's not quite what he said. He asked "Who do you want me to condemn" and something about there being so many names. The moderator started listing off stuff starting with proud boys, so Trump immediately said I call on proud boys to stand back and standby.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don’t know about not attacking. I’ve had my belly full of nice, kind republicans since ‘89. It’s why we lose. When we’re ahead we apologize. It’s ridiculous. And you know I’m certainly not the biggest trump fan, but he has to win.

Attacking is fine, but attack the ideas, not the man. The question about race was a great example. Trump could have said, 'defunding police disproportionately impacts black Americans and lower income communities. No one can succeed when their neighborhood is rocked by violence." Instead he just kept saying, 'law and order! Law and order!" To black folks that basically means more police to arrest people.

Trump did better hitting Biden on the green new deal plan and 1994 crime bill, but the constant interrupting doesn't not help him in any way IMHO.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Do you know anyone that is undecided, that would have their mind changed?
    The only kinds I think could possibly be changed would be some that actually might see how hapless joe is.
    I actually had lunch today with a lifelong Republican RINO who hates Trump. As we talked I knew he would never vote for Trump and started wondering if this RINO would actually vote for Biden. Not that it matters since we live in Indiana. I a, positive the debate did not change his mind.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Lol, not a good look.
    a pretty screwed up question. Asking him to denounce white supremacists which he’s done constantly, then mixing in the proud boys. Very tricky AND intentional move by Wallace!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    That was honestly so pathetic. I don't even see the point of debates anymore. Unpopular opinion; moderators should be allowed to cut the power to the mic after the second time of telling one of them to shut up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    That's not quite what he said. He asked "Who do you want me to condemn" and something about there being so many names. The moderator started listing off stuff starting with proud boys, so Trump immediately said I call on proud boys to stand back and standby.
    This exactly. That’s what I meant about his question being intentional.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I actually had lunch today with a lifelong Republican RINO who hates Trump. As we talked I knew he would never vote for Trump and started wondering if this RINO would actually vote for Biden. Not that it matters since we live in Indiana. I a, positive the debate did not change his mind.
    Gotcha. I just don’t think there are many undecideds out there at this time.
    I could barely vote for him last time, but not because I’m a RINO, unless that means more conservative/libertarian. Like you said Indiana is decided so I have the option of voting for Jo.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    a pretty screwed up question. Asking him to denounce white supremacists which he’s done constantly, then mixing in the proud boys. Very tricky AND intentional move by Wallace!
    No it's not. It is not that hard to say. "I denounce white supremacists and all racists." Not saying that speaks volumes to his character and how he appears to independent voters.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Lol, not a good look.

I took Trump saying, "stand back and standby" as him talking to the media. Basically he was saying hold on to your hats and get ready to roll tape because I am getting ready to condemn white supremacy. But because he is so poor in his style, he opens himself up to have his words twisted.

Also in his defense, Wallace was talking about white supremacists and then threw in "Proud Boys" at the end of his question. Proud Boys are not white supremacists and that tweak at the end threw Trump.

Trump was terrible. Looked completely unprofessional. I’m still in shock. He couldn’t hold it together. I’m not even saying that Biden won, I’m just say our President didn’t come off well at all.

I could not agree more with this assessment.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK, take a deep breath...

Give us YOUR AAR of the debate.

GO!

Trump was way too aggressive and bullish, but he was focused and on point with his message and his agenda.

I couldn't tell what Biden did and did not support, and he seemed to be confused about that as well. It seems all his practice involved a spiel on corona and not much else.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No it's not. It is not that hard to say. "I denounce white supremacists and all racists." Not saying that speaks volumes to his character and how he appears to independent voters.
    He has denounced racism and specifically white supremacists several times.
    do you think he supports them?

and by the way... talking about racists.... he never said “great people on both sides”, so don’t try that one.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Please watch the clip that generated the "fine people" hoax.

You will see the condemnations you're looking for.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump was off his game. He could have eaten Biden up on packing the court and the green new deal. I think he got Hunter Biden and the “China Plague” locked into his head, and couldn’t get on target.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Attacking is fine, but attack the ideas, not the man. The question about race was a great example. Trump could have said, 'defunding police disproportionately impacts black Americans and lower income communities. No one can succeed when their neighborhood is rocked by violence." Instead he just kept saying, 'law and order! Law and order!" To black folks that basically means more police to arrest people.

Trump did better hitting Biden on the green new deal plan and 1994 crime bill, but the constant interrupting doesn't not help him in any way IMHO.
    I see your point on Trump making a better argument, but kindness is done with these people. If these people are dumb enough to demand free stuff, demand reparations, demand us turn in our guns, kindness in the form of rolling over.
    If it was a skilled debater up there instead of a bumbling old man, kindness wouldn’t go the other way.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well that was a dangerous debate for my liquor cabinet.

shot-of-bourbon-bull-bourbon-900x600.jpg

Top Bottom