• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Scary scenario, Romney becomes his VP. He gets the block, in the sub-committee, of the senate subpoena of Blue Star that he desperately wants and then Romney switches parties and further slims the Republican majority and increases the leverage of the other squishy Repubs in the senate

Romney is all about Romney

Equally unlikely as Clinton.... Straight - White - Male - Old - Republican - Mormon.... not gonna fly with the Democrats. The only plus he has is being Anti-Trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Stacy Abrahms. It checks too many boxes Biden needs...

This post is not to imply I think the primary race over...

I don't know how smart she is, but that pick would remind me of Palin.

Edit: Justlooked. Dayum, she's really smart. Sorry for doubting her.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    EDIT: I wrote this before reading Kut's post.

Stacy Abrahms. It checks too many boxes Biden needs...

This post is not to imply I think the primary race over...

I'd say that'd be one of the stupidest picks, but then I remember Palin... Well, at least Sarah was employed at the time.

What's Stacy doing these days? Working at Walmart trying to pay her back taxes?

Scary scenario, Romney becomes his VP. He gets the block, in the sub-committee, of the senate subpoena of Blue Star that he desperately wants and then Romney switches parties and further slims the Republican majority and increases the leverage of the other squishy Repubs in the senate

Romney is all about Romney
    Just because he refuses to bow a knee doesn't make him a Democrat.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If she is that smart, why can't she tell that being down 58000 votes == she lost the election for governor. But, you're right, the 'it's not a lie if I believe it' ethos will fit right in (even though it didn't work for The Witch)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So who'll be his VP?

Some say Pete... I don't see the benefit of doing that. VP's are supposed to make up for the President's negative qualities... but Pete just seems like a pure detriment.

Biden is good with the black vote, and is experienced.
    Pete is bad with the black vote, and is inexperienced.

Some say it's because labels, like the gay-issues crowd. But that's mostly just dullards that don't care about qualifications, just labels.

Maybe a woman? Could be a way to pidgeonhole the "first woman president" if something were to go wrong with Biden.

But this is all hypothetical, since I just don't see him winning.

I was just going to post this in the GenPol, but you tee'd it up for me.

There's a path - admittedly narrow - by which Biden could outperform HRC.

Keep in mind, both parties had primaries in 2016, so it was an interesting year. In most places, people had to opt for which side to vote on. This year, people really only needed to vote Dem. That could influence the ultimate numbers.

But... Biden did REALLY well with older voters. The blue-hairs that actually vote, because they don't really have much else to do. That's a demographic that Trump won in 2016.

And the turnout for the Dem primaries this cycle was pretty good. Generally better than 2016 from what I've read, which makes sense since both sides were fighting.

With a starting point that most of Trump's coalition will remain intact, the geriatric vote in the key electoral states that Trump won could make a winning strategy for Biden. It also seems like those voters are more likely to forgive his oddness and malapropisms, and most certainly not care what he said 40 years ago.

I'm not making any prediction with this. Just observing some demographics that have come out of the 2020 cycle so far.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Question. Do you think Biden knew he doing wrong when he threatened to withhold money from the Ukraine unless they fired their corrupt prosecutor?

Honestly, I don't know. I do think that Biden has the same issue a lot of DC bigwigs have, their family is on the foreign money (and domestic money) gravy train because of their parent/spouse/sibling position of power. At a minimum, it gives the payer of the money a conduit to plead their case.

The narrative is nothing to look at here... the fired prosecutor was corrupt and a better prosecutor was put in place. THAT DOESN'T FLY.

Perhaps the fired prosecutor was corrupt... and the corrupt Ukrainian President (different one then than now) took the opportunity to install an even more corrupt prosecutor... perhaps Burisma CEO pays off both the Ukrainian President and the new prosecutor... likely a piece of the action to the President the way Putin does it... and everything disappears into a minor accounting error.

Perhaps Biden's demand were well-intentioned and "pure", but provided the cover needed for the above.

That's just a guess... but it's the way oligarchy's work... and fits with the before/after analysis.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    EDIT: I wrote this before reading Kut's post.

I'd say that'd be one of the stupidest picks, but then I remember Palin... Well, at least Sarah was employed at the time.

What's Stacy doing these days? Working at Walmart trying to pay her back taxes?

Just because he refuses to bow a knee doesn't make him a Democrat.

He sure bent the knee (repeatedly) when he wanted Trump's endorsement, and his willingness to align his perceptions of what is 'right' with his own self interest most certainly makes one think he is more than a little bit Democrat already

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Question. Do you think Biden knew he doing wrong when he threatened to withhold money from the Ukraine unless they fired their corrupt prosecutor?
    Is that a serious question or are you just trolling? The corrupt prosecutor was the NEW prosecutor; the one who dropped all charges against burisma--the one appointed AFTER biden made his demand about firing the old prosecutor; the prosecutor who was investigating corruption by burisma

Question: Do you think biden knew it was wrong to interfere in another country's judicial system's prosecution of corruption--or do you think addled, gaffa-matic, drunken-uncle-joe, just didn't know what he was doing and saying?

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    For people on my FB saying they can't tell their daughters that they can be president and all that I'm reminding that Tulsi is still in the race. And saying that I will be for sure voting for Nikki Haley when she runs. Then I get comments of "I hope you're joking" What, suddenly qualifications or policy matters?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The really large difference between Joe and Hillary regardless of everything else is who they are. A lot of people on both sides of the fence say they like Joe personally. I don't think I've ever heard anybody say that they liked Hillary Clinton personally.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I won't be voting for Biden, but the election is his to lose. Big media will keep whipping up the "orange man bad" hysteria, and the dc machine,#resist people, and big money establishment will work hard for him. That combined with his bumbling harmless drunken uncle at Christmas gig make a pretty formidable combination. I think President's Trump's best bet will be to focus on the people around him rather than him directly, but that's not his style. Those are probably the people making all of his decisions anyway.

Yup, they're all in on rubbing Uncle Joe's hairy legs... they've seen the future with Bernie at the top of the ticket... election Armageddon. Darn!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Bold prediction... Nikki Haley 2024... first woman elected president.

Her exploration committee will start the day after the election.

ETA: As a Republican... nothing faux about her.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Didn't we have at least one member leveling similar, equally baseless criticisms of the first lady? Just sayin'

Edit: Dr 12pm, if #4385 was meant as sarcasm, it seems best to make sure it's overt (purple)

Thank you for the suggestion. The statement I made in my earlier post was so absurd, I didn't think purple was necessary. My mistake.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    For people on my FB saying they can't tell their daughters that they can be president and all that I'm reminding that Tulsi is still in the race. And saying that I will be for sure voting for Nikki Haley when she runs. Then I get comments of "I hope you're joking" What, suddenly qualifications or policy matters?

RcdqDP6.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm seeing all kinds of articles about "America would never have elected Warren because of misogyny".
    Right..can't be because they don't like her.
    After all, she got elected to her present office.
    Maybe they should ask the people in her own State if they’ve turned misogynist since she came in third place there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom