Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A truly spectacular day! Thank you so much Rick and Barb. It was great to see everybody after this very special year we’ve had.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I could write a book about the fun that I had today ..... and maybe I will someday !
    My friend 0830 has mastered the Green Egg .... fabulous food. Like TT said, "best brisket I ever ate" .... I felt the same way.
    And there's Barb with an injured foot, but it doesn't keep her from being the hostess with the mostess ! My wife loved the wreath !
    Thanks to our wonderful hosts. :chest:

It was great to see familiar faces, and wonderful to welcome some new faces ! Everyone was pounding that steel ..... making it squeal !

I figure that if you jumped into the group photo, that you'd want to see it. You should be able to right-click, and save a copy. If you want a larger file, let me know, and I'll send it to you. The photo is stored in my 'private' SmugMug gallery, and only my wife and daughters have the password. So, other than here, it should never end-up anywhere else on the internet.
    Thanks for participating ! .... it's a darn good-looking group ! :)

i-T8LSgcM-XL.jpg
    There are some faces in there that I haven't met yet. I hope to meet more at the SGE.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My internal clock seems to have been set back successfully. Had the alarm set for 5:30am but was up at 5:10.

I started out moving it back for the FGE (Ha!) and now I need to keep it there for the cath lab Friday. After that I'm moving it forward and will wait for the sun to get up first.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I could write a book about the fun that I had today ..... and maybe I will someday !
    My friend 0830 has mastered the Green Egg .... fabulous food. Like TT said, "best brisket I ever ate" .... I felt the same way.
    And there's Barb with an injured foot, but it doesn't keep her from being the hostess with the mostess ! My wife loved the wreath !
    Thanks to our wonderful hosts. :chest:

It was great to see familiar faces, and wonderful to welcome some new faces ! Everyone was pounding that steel ..... making it squeal !

I figure that if you jumped into the group photo, that you'd want to see it. You should be able to right-click, and save a copy. If you want a larger file, let me know, and I'll send it to you. The photo is stored in my 'private' SmugMug gallery, and only my wife and daughters have the password. So, other than here, it should never end-up anywhere else on the internet.
    Thanks for participating ! .... it's a darn good-looking group ! :)

i-T8LSgcM-XL.jpg

Hey, I know those guys!

Some of the best people on the planet in that photo. Some others were present but not pictured.

Very glad everyone had a great time. I was with you in spirit.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning peoples

Arrived home at 9:55pm.

What a wonderful spirit up-lifting day. A huge thanks to our gracious hosts for sharing their delightful slice of heaven in Indiana.

Highlights for me:
    - Great people, enjoyed all of the conversations and meeting new folks
    - Great weather, could not have asked for a better day
    - Great food, the brisket was awesome, the brownies were yummy and the banana/pineapple/mandarin fruit mix was to die for (I ate more when I got home, my daughter liked it also)
    - Ringing steel, always an enjoyable noise to hear
    - Shooting 200 yards with my Tippmann .22 rifle and hitting steel consistently with it
    - Thompson sub-machine gun, once in a lifetime opportunity :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I’m still enjoying the afterglow of a really, really good day yesterday. You were missed BA. We’ll see you at the SGE.

I need to make a list of what to bring and then actually go by it next time. I brought guns that didn’t get shot and I forgot to bring guns that would have gotten shot. I stayed up late one night last week loading a bunch of 8mm Mauser, then left the rifle at home. I put a bunch of M1 Carbine mags and ammo in the truck and got to the FGE without the rifle to shoot them with.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Curious to see who has what "new gun" on the brain today. It's a natural phenomenon in the afterglow period following a Gala Event.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One rifle that I shot a bunch yesterday was my M&P 15OR. I really like how that rifle’s set up and with a 12x optic, was able to pick off food cans at 100 yards easily. Even running 55g mil surp ammo, I was able to ring steel at 400 yards without too much trouble. I find myself wanting to upgrade the optic now. The Hawke optic on it now is decent but I think the rifle could benefit from an upgrade. I just need to figure out which optic to go with though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom