• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A great day, good meeting all of you and many thanks to our hosts who have a wonderful place. The gardener will want to know your secret for keeping deer away from your hostas.

Many thanks for the lead and brass donations, I will put them to good use!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    A great day, good meeting all of you and many thanks to our hosts who have a wonderful place. The gardener will want to know your secret for keeping deer away from your hostas.

Last year they ate them. This year we're here every day and they have survived relatively unscathed. Proximity to activity seems to be the saving grace.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I don't have the correct words for how amazing today was.
    The place.
    The people.
    The food.
    The fun.
    THE PEOPLE.

Thank you just doesn't seem sufficient. I will forever remember this day. I am so grateful to be a part of it. I'm honored to be amongst some of the finest folks I have or will ever meet.
    I can't stop smiling.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    8vL9J5S.jpg
    We almost didn't recognize this rascal.
    MrR1cfL.jpg

Me with one of L/E's cool tools.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Last year they ate them. This year we're here every day and they have survived relatively unscathed. Proximity to activity seems to be the saving grace.

Hostsa right next to the house don't suffer, but the ones across from our garage get hit every year. Yours were closer, maybe that's the secret.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I could write a book about the fun that I had today ..... and maybe I will someday !
    My friend 0830 has mastered the Green Egg .... fabulous food. Like TT said, "best brisket I ever ate" .... I felt the same way.
    And there's Barb with an injured foot, but it doesn't keep her from being the hostess with the mostess ! My wife loved the wreath !
    Thanks to our wonderful hosts. :chest:

It was great to see familiar faces, and wonderful to welcome some new faces ! Everyone was pounding that steel ..... making it squeal !

I figure that if you jumped into the group photo, that you'd want to see it. You should be able to right-click, and save a copy. If you want a larger file, let me know, and I'll send it to you. The photo is stored in my 'private' SmugMug gallery, and only my wife and daughters have the password. So, other than here, it should never end-up anywhere else on the internet.
    Thanks for participating ! .... it's a darn good-looking group ! :)

i-T8LSgcM-XL.jpg

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Made it home safe and sound from the greatest day ever. I was the newbie there and everyone was great. The host and hostess are the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met and man-o-man was the food great. I new I was going to be with a great gang but never imagined how special the day would be. Thanks everyone and special thanks to Patience and Barb for welcoming me into their home. Hope to see everyone soon.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    As special note, it was very cool to meet​ Leadeye, and view part of his literal museum of firearms. It was a rare opportunity, indeed.
    He allowed me to fire a classic Browning pistol, with giraffe- bone grips. I know that everyone was thankful for his presence ! :)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    So you guys finally, actually took a group photo. :thumbsup:

Now we just need someone to photoshop in CM's pet unicorn, candy canes and a rainbow.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom