The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I decided to start keeping a "range notes" document on my home computer. With so much moving around that I do with my stuff, it can be hard on the brain trying to remember everything. Even simple things like " sighted in XXX gun at XXX distance with XXX ammo".

The real challenge will be to remember that I created this document, remember to update it and remember to review it from time to time to refresh my memory. It's either this or I start putting sticky notes on everything around here. :dunno:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I decided to start keeping a "range notes" document on my home computer. With so much moving around that I do with my stuff, it can be hard on the brain trying to remember everything. Even simple things like " sighted in XXX gun at XXX distance with XXX ammo".

The real challenge will be to remember that I created this document, remember to update it and remember to review it from time to time to refresh my memory. It's either this or I start putting sticky notes on everything around here. :dunno:
    Google Sheets (.xlsx) and it could be input/viewed from either platform with updated info? I do this with a keylog for work.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Google Sheets (.xlsx) and it could be input/viewed from either platform with updated info? I do this with a keylog for work.
    Not a bad idea.
    I can never remember which AR's are sighted in at 100yds and which ones are sighted for 200yds.
    Another thing I forget to remember is if I sighted in with the suppressor attached or not.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Not a bad idea.

Another thing I forget to remember is if I sighted in with the suppressor attached or not.

A few snapshots as I think this app has data fields for archiving this as well. Not sure about cross-platform access though. Haven't dove too deep into it, just used the group measurement portion.
    313c8be9cd160527e8260eea98765c59.jpg
    f8aa91dc1156317721f3ece0319ac8b3.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Looks like next range trip I will play gun doctor and diagnose/isolate what the issue is with the Tippmann. After reviewing targets and thinking about variables I've added to the equation from previous testing, I've decided on several things to check.

- The replacement scope I got from Athlon is my main concern. I plan on testing it for tracking to see if adjustments are true and it's holding zero. Screw around with magnification, maybe smack it around a bit (NOT drop testing, :) ). See if I can verify something is not right. I hate condemning scope failures for poor groups.

- Compare groups with and without the flash hider installed. I think previous testing was just with the thread protector. I put the flash hider on for yesterday's trip and maybe it's screwing with barrel harmonics? Easy to check and worth a try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom