The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

Status

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jul 8, 2012
Columbus
The first of Many, Bennett.....ask any of us.

That SP-01 is a honey of a weapon.

Suhweet shooter.!!
The SA trigger pull is almost scary. Don't have anything semi-automatic with that smooth of a trigger. Maybe my 1970 Detective Special but then again that's a whole different animal.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dec 29, 2008
Greenwood, IN
At the end of the range trip, Tarzan, WT and I each took 3 shots with the Tikka. Tarzan pulled a .47 moa. WT did a .68 and I did a .74. My best of the day was a .63.

I am happy with the Tikka. :)

wtburnette

WT(F)
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nov 11, 2013
SW side of Indy
At the end of the range trip, Tarzan, WT and I each took 3 shots with the Tikka. Tarzan pulled a .47 moa. WT did a .68 and I did a .74. My best of the day was a .63.

I am happy with the Tikka. :)

I thought your group was a bit better than mine, glad to see I was right. Don't forget to mention that was at 100 yards, so sub MOA ;)

T-DOGG

R&D Department
Site Supporter
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
Feb 4, 2011
NE Canada
Sounds like a good day gentlemen. I'm a little disappointed that I don't see any targets posted here though. I thought I taught you guys better than that.

wtburnette

WT(F)
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nov 11, 2013
SW side of Indy
Oh no, not with the groups the Bergara produced today. I'm hoping 88 is right and I just need some more rounds downrange for it to start grouping decently. My groups were well over MOA :(

patience0830

.22 magician
Site Supporter
Rating - 95.7%
22   1   0
Nov 3, 2008
Not far from the tree
Glad everyone had fun. WT, your new rifle will undoubtedly shoot under MOA with some rounds down the bbl and some ammo experimentation. If you do not reload, you'll have to play with other variables. Action torque, bullet weight, bedding, Simms Vibration donut on the bbl in different locations. Bergara knows what they're doing but you'll need to find the recipe that makes the best cake.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dec 29, 2008
Greenwood, IN
Sounds like a good day gentlemen. I'm a little disappointed that I don't see any targets posted here though. I thought I taught you guys better than that.

This was Tarzans group

wtburnette

WT(F)
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nov 11, 2013
SW side of Indy
Morning all... :coffee:

Glad everyone had fun. WT, your new rifle will undoubtedly shoot under MOA with some rounds down the bbl and some ammo experimentation. If you do not reload, you'll have to play with other variables. Action torque, bullet weight, bedding, Simms Vibration donut on the bbl in different locations. Bergara knows what they're doing but you'll need to find the recipe that makes the best cake.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. More rounds and experimenting with the 4 types of ammo/weight I have right now are the plan. Not sure about bedding and the donut at this point, but if more bullets downrange and finding ammo the barrel prefers doesn't seem to work, I'll have to branch out. First thing is to verify the current torque on the action/trigger guard screws, which Bergara specifies should be set to 55 inch pounds. Gonna do that after I eat some breakfast.

Ruger_Ronin

Tetsu ōkami
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Aug 22, 2017
Outer Heaven
This was Tarzans group
Wow. Just wow. Laser beams. @gmcttr you must teach me the ways of The Force.

GM all. Coming down steady here. I needed the haired velociraptors to bring more mud in, really. Spent the evening watching a new show with Pickle Lady. 2 episodes into Peaky Blinders. So-so.

Have a good day everyone, Im off to the CC again. I'll stalk you later.

Status
Top Bottom