The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'm excited since I'll be breaking in the Bergara later... :rockwoot:

Decided what the heck. Even without a proper cheek weld I can get the barrel broke in and see what I think of the gun. Get my leather cheek rest tomorrow that will hopefully address the cheek weld issue.
    That's the spirit! Pew or pew not, there is no try.
    And I'm a bit jelly. All work and no fun for RR this weekend.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning everyone

Spent 5.5 hours at the range yesterday. Got a lot accomplished, but man it wore me out. It was a little windier and chillier than expected and the sun didn't come out for awhile. Overall, had a great time.

Highlights:
    - Ruger Wrangler is an awesome 22 revolver, I found myself really enjoying the simplicity of it's design. I like the weight of it, the trigger is good and the sights were adequate. It shot nice small groups and I really liked the way it handled. The windage was spot on, elevation was 1.5" low at 7 yards when using a 6:00 hold/sight picture with SV ammo.

- H&R 929 definitely has the wrong front sight, it's too low. Accuracy was not good, a bit disappointing since my 922 is impressive. The 929 was shooting 5" high at 7 yards when using a 6:00 hold.

- Glock 44 was a hoot. I really like that quite a bit more than the Taurus TX22 that I had before. I did have 2 failures with Aguila, a stovepipe and another where it loaded the chamber but did not reset the trigger. I'll retest further as it gets more broke in to verify that was an ammo issue (which I suspect it is).

- The CZ 457 did awesome with further match ammo testing. It seems to be liking Eley Club, Eley Target and SK Rifle Match. I think I will be dialing that in for the SK Rifle Match next trip out and finally get to the 100 yard line with it. The Tippmann on the other hand, was a big disappointment. It shot the worst it's ever and my best average for 4 kinds of match ammo was 1" at 50 yards. I've had mixed feelings about it's performance and I will be thinking about it's future today (not thinking of selling, but possibly repurposing). The Tippmann also had tons of light primer strikes yesterday (more than ever before), so when I got home I put the original Larue springs back in, which bumped the pull weight from 3.2 to 3.7 pounds. That should take care of that, but that trigger might come out altogether if I repurpose the rifle.

20210226_225128.jpg

20210226_225122.jpg

20210226_225116.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haven't priced generators...is this a good deal?

Looks like it lead a rough life on a construction crew.
    Price is close to fair. I would have a really good look at the oil in it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just browsing at the moment. Thinking about one for the hunting property when I go out there with the family.
    Get something newer and quite. If you are just running lights etc look at the preditor series at Harbor fright. They are clean power and fairly quite. A decent 4 plug drop wire and your set to go even at home.
    Cant run an entire house but better than nothing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Haven't priced generators...is this a good deal?

I paid like $120 for one before winter, older Homelite unit with a cast iron engine and few electronics to go bad on it and it had just been serviced. I’d shop around.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We
    Get something newer and quite. If you are just running lights etc look at the preditor series at Harbor fright. They are clean power and fairly quite. A decent 4 plug drop wire and your set to go even at home.
    Cant run an entire house but better than nothing.
    We have the Predator 3500 inverter generator and love it. Electric start, 30 amp rv plug, etc. Very quiet. I think it’s on sale for $750

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom