The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looking to order my next book... I’m over halfway through the current one. I’m undecided whether I should order paperback or hardcover? The first book of this series that I’m reading I have in paperback, because they must not print in hardcover anymore and prices are crazy.

I can buy the next 2 hardcover for cheaper than the good paperback, not the mass market stuff that’s dirt cheap. But I don’t know what to do. I like the flexibility of paper, but the hardcover is nicer for other things...
    I have a couple of series where I have them mixed (some of them were published that way from what I can tell), but I get HB where I can, especially as you say when the HB is cheaper for sure.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Drove the El Camino in this morning.:cool:

Somewhat gun related, had a weird dream last night. Had a half-dead mole in the backyard after it somehow escaped the trap. Went and got my trusty .22 and as most dreams go, wouldn't fire.:faint:
    I've heard that dreams about firearm malfunction is subconsciously one feels they have not practiced as much as they should, etc. Basically performance anxiety. (Can be both a good thing and a bad thing, depending on how you use that as motivation I guess).

I have NO idea if that is true or not. That said, I'm not sure it is because I used to have those quite a bit, but these days I find myself dreaming (or at least recalling them at all) much less overall as I get oldeer (no idea what that says about me either) than I used to.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Looks like medical bills are going to force me into selling a couple of guns. Never fun to part with fun guns, but I'd rather do that than have a bill looming overhead or dig into savings. I'll be listing up a franken-build AR (put together by CM for me - Aero, BCM, Seekins, Ballistic Advantage parts mainly) as well as the IWI Galil pistol (7.62x39). If anyone is interested in one of those prior to me listing them or wants a full parts list of the AR, let me know!

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like medical bills are going to force me into selling a couple of guns. Never fun to part with fun guns, but I'd rather do that than have a bill looming overhead or dig into savings. I'll be listing up a franken-build AR (put together by CM for me - Aero, BCM, Seekins, Ballistic Advantage parts mainly) as well as the IWI Galil pistol. If anyone is interested in one of those prior to me listing them or wants a full parts list of the AR, let me know!
    Sorry to hear this. Income taxes are hitting me again this year, right at the same time as some college tuition for kids etc coming due. Shouldn't have to sell off any physical goods, but some investment might be shed to turn into liquid funds.

Last edited:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Sorry to hear this. Income taxes are hitting me again this year, right at the same time as some college tuition for kids etc coming due. Shouldn't have to sell of any physical goods, but some investment might be shed to turn into liquid funds.
    I am getting a return, but am really trying to work on saving and this bill will take my entire return + more, so I'm trying to be adult about it. Being an adult isn't very fun!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am getting a return, but am really trying to work on saving and this bill will take my entire return + more, so I'm trying to be adult about it. Being an adult isn't very fun!
    Better to adult voluntarily now than to be forced into it later.

In my case, I had more withheld during the year, but my wife's business and how it would take off during Covid was totally unexpected. I tried to offset some of it by having more withheld during the year, but I'm not down in the internals of her business and passthrough income hit us hard. First world problems, I know. I just cranked up withholding more (I could put it in a bank account, but would risk underpayment penalties possibly). So yeah, adulting is no fun. Makes me physically ill to see how much I pay total in taxes.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Drove the El Camino in this morning.:cool:

Somewhat gun related, had a weird dream last night. Had a half-dead mole in the backyard after it somehow escaped the trap. Went and got my trusty .22 and as most dreams go, wouldn't fire.:faint:
    What you really want to do is turn the mole and feed misinformation and use this as an entry point into the enemy from within. The next time you have this dream offer this mole a drink and have a friendly chat.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, the best the Outdoorsman had was a set of medium Talley rings. Then I get all the way home and even though I told the guy 30mm, they are 1" rings... :facepalm:

@wtburnette I dug it out for a pic. My m77 ought6 can't even get lens caps around it now. I just leave them hanging on it in the safe for dust . As a hunting rig I like it as tight and frill-free as possible. I don't hunt across great plains so no need for the extreme range capabilities. This rifle far exceeds my capabilities to shoot it. A better scope some day, but still it's one of my favorite bolt guns.
    77461e2ce41949133fedb42293d79907.jpg
    cd10897d70599344df45ae0cb7950bf6.jpg
    Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    He used to smoke 100 cigarettes a day. Then had 2 to 6 strokes. Health care in Czech Republic is still partial to the old communist ways. You can actually smoke in the hospital, not in your room, but they have smoking rooms on every floor. He's only 75, it is really sad, especially to see the mind waste away.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    He used to smoke 100 cigarettes a day. Then had 2 to 6 strokes. Health care in Czech Republic is still partial to the old communist ways. You can actually smoke in the hospital, not in your room, but they have smoking rooms on every floor. He's only 75, it is really sad, especially to see the mind waste away.
    Yeah, the mind going is so very sad. Also sad when the mind is sharp, but the body is failing. Neither are good. 100 a day, wow!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    That DPMS AR is tight!!! The upper to the lower is almost no wiggle at all. It will shoot really tight groups out to 450 yards (that's the longest I can shoot on private land). The scope is an Osprey I got years ago from Sportsman Guide, it's a 10x40 by 50. Doesn't seem to be FFP, but it always groups real well. The muzzle brake came from Vision Defense in Middlebury. It was sad that Rich had a heart attack and the place closed down. On a .223, you would think that a brake would be necessary, but that brake keeps that DPMS as a "lead sled" and with that 24" stainless bull barrel, it just stays on target.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Yeah, the mind going is so very sad. Also sad when the mind is sharp, but the body is failing. Neither are good. 100 a day, wow!
    Every photo my wife showed me of him from earlier, almost always had a cigarette, either in the mouth or one burning in his hand..... smoking really does kill!!!!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    He hasn't had a cigarette in over 3 months, so the nicotine addiction is past, but on his better days he ALWAYS ASKS for one....go figure!!! We also don't let him smoke in the house, so this weather would be a killer to him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom