The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Looks like medical bills are going to force me into selling a couple of guns. Never fun to part with fun guns, but I'd rather do that than have a bill looming overhead or dig into savings. I'll be listing up a franken-build AR (put together by CM for me - Aero, BCM, Seekins, Ballistic Advantage parts mainly) as well as the IWI Galil pistol (7.62x39). If anyone is interested in one of those prior to me listing them or wants a full parts list of the AR, let me know!
    I was waiting for the AK to come up for sale or did you already sell it? :laugh:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Hey CM and the site administrators.....it's a heck of alot easier to post pics on here now!!!!!
    I'm no where near the caliber of PRINT CRAFT, but it makes it alot easier to post pics of the guns I lost in that tragic boating accident.....:hehe:

So once again, thanks for the upgrade to INGO!!!!! :+1:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Your lower is definitely high class!!!! :drool:. Wish I would have bought one of those when they were available. I hope T-DOGG is having a good day at the range with that new 308. I see you also like the old school A2 butt stock. I had one on my FN in basic and had one of those collapsible in combat in Iraq.....will take the A2 any day, with grass, trees, clouds in the sky and temps that don't get into the 129 degrees F everyday!!!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    @wtburnette I dug it out for a pic. My m77 ought6 can't even get lens caps around it now. I just leave them hanging on it in the safe for dust . As a hunting rig I like it as tight and frill-free as possible. I don't hunt across great plains so no need for the extreme range capabilities. This rifle far exceeds my capabilities to shoot it. A better scope some day, but still it's one of my favorite bolt guns.
    77461e2ce41949133fedb42293d79907.jpg
    cd10897d70599344df45ae0cb7950bf6.jpg
    '06 for the win .... all day .... everyday ! :rockwoot:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Your lower is definitely high class!!!! :drool:. Wish I would have bought one of those when they were available. I hope T-DOGG is having a good day at the range with that new 308. I see you also like the old school A2 butt stock. I had one on my FN in basic and had one of those collapsible in combat in Iraq.....will take the A2 any day, with grass, trees, clouds in the sky and temps that don't get into the 129 degrees F everyday!!!
    :patriot:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Always hunting on Fleabay for old gun accessories like grips, I found some vintage stages for a Colt Pocket hammer, something I've never seen. This Hammer from 1917 was sporting some recent aftermarket plastic grips when I bought it some time back and I've been looking around for something more period. The Hammer wasn't made for long, a powerhouse pocket gun when it was introduced, it had no safety other than a half cock notch and it's double link tech, John Browning's first, was fading out next to the more modern 1911. Customers preferred the 1903 Hammerless or the more powerful 1911. The Hammer chambered in 38ACP faded into obscurity with manufacturing ceasing in the 20s.

Here it is with a E.E. Clark cross draw holster from the same era, a rig some well heeled gumshoe might have worn in a big town on the west coast.

Attachments

• colthammergrips.jpg
      colthammergrips.jpg
      507 KB · Views: 13

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Always hunting on Fleabay for old gun accessories like grips, I found some vintage stages for a Colt Pocket hammer, something I've never seen. This Hammer from 1917 was sporting some recent aftermarket plastic grips when I bought it some time back and I've been looking around for something more period. The Hammer wasn't made for long, a powerhouse pocket gun when it was introduced, it had no safety other than a half cock notch and it's double link tech, John Browning's first, was fading out next to the more modern 1911. Customers preferred the 1903 Hammerless or the more powerful 1911. The Hammer chambered in 38ACP faded into obscurity with manufacturing ceasing in the 20s.

Here it is with a E.E. Clark cross draw holster from the same era, a rig some well heeled gumshoe might have worn in a big town on the west coast.

Beautiful LE. Nice to see it in a proper pair of shoes

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I have no fighting dogs either ..... but in the case of tripods, and stability, I do have a bit of experience.
    Please let me give a little explicatio en toto on the subject. ;)

This is my camera tripod. It's a Gitzo (Italian) 8X overlay carbon fiber leg-set.
    I bought it about 15 years ago, when the kids finally grew-up, and I had some money for toys. It was $800. It's topped with a Markins (Canadian) ball head, that cost $400.
    This setup will hold 60 lbs ..... (4) bowling balls !

i-mwZ6PK3-L.jpg

What this did (before my back needed surgery) was allow me to creep along the damp, steep banks of the White River, to take photos of this pair of mated Bald Eagles. Since I took their photos over a period of about (4) years, and never saw a single other person, I'm fairly sure that I was the only one who had discovered their nest.
    It was a rare experience, that I feel privileged to have been a part of. During the last two years of my photography with them, they definitely recognized me, and learned that I wasn't a threat. It is also rare to take a photo of a mated pair (in the wild) perched on the same branch ....

naturebirdeaglepairperch-L.jpg

Carbon fiber is lightweight, and allowed me to carry it and my camera gear over precarious ground.. It also doesn't transmit vibrations to the camera.
    Mission drives the gear !

The same is true with a gun tripod, of course. For hunting, I would want no other than a carbon fiber support system, for the reasons that Spicy mentioned.

For my use, which was to open up another shooting lane at 0830's farm, my BOG tripod is quite adequate.
    The BLUE MINK is heavy for an AR, so I took a 3" X 8" piece of thin foam rubber (the kind that you line a tool box with), and laid it inside the clamp on the tripod.
    Whalah ..... steady, and secure as a rock !

The End ....

MM -- you have an absolute GIFT of taking pics.

I wish I had your eye.

Wow -- just wow..

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always found it interesting that John Browning's early autos didn't have safeties. There's the sight safety on the Colt 1900 but nobody, including the military liked that and it quickly disappeared. The thumb safety shows up on the 1903 pocket hammerless and the 1911.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Some of us big dogs are planning on traveling down to the Deacon's range next year .... where 600 yds. will be the main menu !
    Even the mighty 5.56 Blue Mink would have it's work cut-out !

I'm predicting that it'll take a long-barrel AR10 to put up some competition against the fancy bolt-gun guys, CM.
    I'ma gonna go shopping for one of those (bolt gun) when the dust clears ! :cool:

Buh Buh Buh Buh BRING IT...!!!

Can't wait for you cats to swarm over the 660 yarder.

I'll find out how many I can have in one trip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom